KENT BAZEMORE Officially Back Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
MikeTrout wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Quote:
Monte Poole: Kent Bazemore says he won’t be getting any of the COVID-19 vaccines: ‘No sir.’

Something that could come into play during the season.

Just what the Lakers need. More anti-vaxxers

I guess we're (bleep) if we make the nba finals

Or even the West semis/finals. He will be banned from both San Francisco and Brooklyn.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

He must have changed his mind about getting a vaccine. Pelinka said that every player will be fully vaccinated by the time the season starts.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
MikeTrout wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Quote:
Monte Poole: Kent Bazemore says he won’t be getting any of the COVID-19 vaccines: ‘No sir.’

Something that could come into play during the season.

Just what the Lakers need. More anti-vaxxers
I guess we're (bleep) if we make the nba finals

Or even the West semis/finals. He will be banned from both San Francisco and Brooklyn.

I been trying to find that out...SF & Brooklyn are requiring vaccination for large indoor events.

I believe that means any unvaccinated players on the home or visiting team can't play or even sit on the bench

What about Kyrie? Isn’t he anti vax amd perhaps not vaccinated
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Baze just had an amazingly honest presser, basically showcased his whole thought process

Full credit to him for that
#18 next...
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

This dude HAS to start, Ellington and Ariza too old not enough D as what Baze can bring.

RW
Monk
Baze
LBJ
AD
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
This dude HAS to start, Ellington and Ariza too old not enough D as what Baze can bring.

RW
Monk
Baze
LBJ
AD

Yeah, if it was up to me I'd put Ellington alongside Rondo/DAJ (and I rate Ellington, it's just that we're so damn deep)

RW - Nunn
Monk - THT
Ariza - Bazemore
LBJ - Melo
AD - Dwight
#18 next...
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Baze just had an amazingly honest presser, basically showcased his whole thought process

Full credit to him for that

I haven't heard his presser yet but Baze has always been a good interview. Very wise, eloquent, and candid.

Kiss my Converse.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Defense to offense

Baze steals the ball, handles the fastbreak, and finds the cutting Ellington for the assist.
https://youtu.be/puc7gzEju68?t=405

In this play, Baze comes from the weakside, uses his recognition & timing to block the ball that goes to Monk; who breaks the defense with his dribbling, uses a pick, and hits a jump shot.
https://youtu.be/puc7gzEju68?t=223

These are the type of plays that win a basketball game
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject:

He and KCP are listed with the same height but he just looks and plays bigger. I can see how he got away with playing SF for ATL all those years even before the modern iteration of small-ball. And no hesitation on those 3s (has to hit more though). I think he'll end up being our steal of the offseason.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Reaves should get his minutes.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Him and DAJ are 2 of the moves I hated at the time.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
He and KCP are listed with the same height but he just looks and plays bigger. I can see how he got away with playing SF for ATL all those years even before the modern iteration of small-ball. And no hesitation on those 3s (has to hit more though). I think he'll end up being our steal of the offseason.

I think he’s a very average player and that his defensive impact is over rated. He’s not special at all. I agree that I’d rather see Reaves because although he may not be the same level of defender, Reaves gives far more offensively.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Booker took him to school tonight... But to be fair on that T, Booker did blatantly travel before that 3pt play.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject:

Let's face it, even a healthy Lakers team wouldn't have beat Phoenix tonight
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Booker took him to school tonight... But to be fair on that T, Booker did blatantly travel before that 3pt play.

When does Booker not take the Lakers to school, regardless of who guards him LOL. Funny post
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject:

Bazemore's defense was excellent. Not sure what you all are seeing, but he chased down Booker exceptionally well. Westbrook was the liability on D. He has no commitment to D.

Baze is just as good as KCP on D. Good pick up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Bazemore's defense was excellent. Not sure what you all are seeing, but he chased down Booker exceptionally well. Westbrook was the liability on D. He has no commitment to D.

Yup, agreed, a near-KCP for a (much) lower price.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

He's very good at chasing the guards and challenging. I want to see a Baze/Bradley backcourt. That's a defensive combo.

If we move AD to the 5 and Bron to the 4, Westbrook should be put on the weakest threat of the opposing perimeter players. His D is big time bummer so far. Was wanting him to take on the role of ball stopper, challenging teams to get by him, and being a force. Instead he gives up angles hoping for help and wide open driving lanes. Some of the softest D I've ever seen from a guy so many touted as Kobe like mentality. It's not even close, really. Kobe as a 3rd guy would be chasing guards down like there's no tomorrow. Westbrook is the guy everyone needs to get on D, because in Vogel's system the D from the PG spot is critical.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Guys like KCP and Baze bust their ass fighting through screens or lock and trailing to try to make our schemes work and get so little respect. They take on the best scorers, get hung out to dry with bigs screening them and little help. Hold the opponent to a meh game by their standards, then get crapped on nightly because they didn’t hit a couple more threes. Or there was that one play where the superstar did superstar things.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Guys like KCP and Baze bust their ass fighting through screens or lock and trailing to try to make our schemes work and get so little respect. They take on the best scorers, get hung out to dry with bigs screening them and little help. Hold the opponent to a meh game by their standards, then get crapped on nightly because they didn’t hit a couple more threes. Or there was that one play where the superstar did superstar things.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Reaves and Monk deserve minutes over him. Sit him on the bench.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

For a guy with such a big ass head, he sure did display some small brained ish in those last seconds. Why even reach? Almost cost us the game there.

Kiss my Converse.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Vogel put his arm around Baze with a few seconds left in the game. There's a reason. Baze has the most thankless job on the team. Put on the toughest opposing perimeter threat. Barely gets any shots. Runs around all the time. Gets burned by all the best 1 on 1 scorers in the NBA (like all defenders do). He is our best perimeter defender by far.

I dunno what fans want. Monk is no way near ready to start or defend starting level talent. Reaves is a rookie, although a stud. Baze is a solid pick up.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Lots of good points here.
Vogel put his arm around Baze with a few seconds left in the game. There's a reason. Baze has the most thankless job on the team. Put on the toughest opposing perimeter threat. Barely gets any shots. Runs around all the time. Gets burned by all the best 1 on 1 scorers in the NBA (like all defenders do). He is our best perimeter defender by far.

I dunno what fans want. Monk is no way near ready to start or defend starting level talent. Reaves is a rookie, although a stud. Baze is a solid pick up.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They did it even dirty to Danny Green in 2020.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: