Thank you MALIK MONK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Harrison Faigen @ hmfaigen
LeBron James says he knows Malik Monk's game well because he's been watching him since he was in high school.

"I'm glad that when we came calling, he chose us. I'm very proud of that. And humbled."
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

If Monk had not done well, people would be complaining about how much of a waste he was. If he plays well, people will be stressing about him leaving.

I'm enjoying watching the young man thrive playing along side one of the greatest the game has ever seen.

If we win, the relationship w/James, and perhaps a few others, will be a major factor in the decision making process. I'm super optimistic that we can get something done if their relationship continues to grow, and we continue to win.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen [AT] hmfaigen
LeBron James says he knows Malik Monk's game well because he's been watching him since he was in high school.

"I'm glad that when we came calling, he chose us. I'm very proud of that. And humbled."

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/coming-soon/malik-and-lebron/

LeBron James Teaches Arkansan Malik Monk to Excel
By
Evin Demirel -
July 28, 2014
https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/lebron-james-teaches-malik-monk-to-excel/

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article184763913.html
Quote:
It’s that, “ability to shoot and just make shots,” as James described it, that justified the Hornets selecting Monk 11th overall in this summer’s NBA draft. So far this season Monk is averaging 9.6 points per game.

And even though Monk said he and James don’t have a relationship, that won’t stop James from keeping his eyes on the rookie tonight.

“We’ve got to be very aware of him,” James said, “but he’s going to be a very good pro, man.”

>>After seeing this Bromance I have a feeling Monk might stay here on the cheap one more year so he can be with this Brotherhood of Champions keep tuning his skills and mind and get paid after we get rid of Westbrooks horrible contract
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen ( a t ) hmfaigen

By
Evin Demirel -
July 28, 2014

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article184763913.html
Quote:
It’s that, “ability to shoot and just make shots,” as James described it, that justified the Hornets selecting Monk 11th overall in this summer’s NBA draft. So far this season Monk is averaging 9.6 points per game.

And even though Monk said he and James don’t have a relationship, that won’t stop James from keeping his eyes on the rookie tonight.

“We’ve got to be very aware of him,” James said, “but he’s going to be a very good pro, man.”

>>After seeing this Bromance I have a feeling Monk might stay here on the cheap one more year so he can be with this Brotherhood of Champions keep tuning his skills and mind and get paid after we get rid of Westbrooks horrible contract

It will be more than one year of cheapness. I love how fans think that these young athletes should accept less than they are worth.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject:

LeBron is never going to ask a teammate who has never made a big NBA contract to pass that up for him. He's not that kind of guy. In fact, if he plays it right, he'll do what he did with his boys in Cleveland and make sure they get paid.

So it comes down to this for us, we either make at least a full MLE available for Monk, by getting WB to take a 3 year deal and opt out, or we need to move WB to a team that's open to taking a capspace 1 year punt rental (there are a few teams). Otherwise see ya, Monk. No way he's getting less than at least a 2 year MLE unless he does something beyond stupid (drugs, arrest etc) between now and FA. Even if he cools down and goes back to being a quality bench player, I see him being a player teams give the full MLE to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject:

No more magic contract making anymore?
First year something we can afford and next two years what he deserved in year one plus his value for the next two?

^^sry so many questions
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LeBron is never going to ask a teammate who has never made a big NBA contract to pass that up for him. He's not that kind of guy. In fact, if he plays it right, he'll do what he did with his boys in Cleveland and make sure they get paid.

So it comes down to this for us, we either make at least a full MLE available for Monk, by getting WB to take a 3 year deal and opt out, or we need to move WB to a team that's open to taking a capspace 1 year punt rental (there are a few teams). Otherwise see ya, Monk. No way he's getting less than at least a 2 year MLE unless he does something beyond stupid (drugs, arrest etc) between now and FA. Even if he cools down and goes back to being a quality bench player, I see him being a player teams give the full MLE to.

Is this possible?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Is this possible?

Back of the envelope calculation

Lebron - 44.4
AD - 37.9
THT - 10.3
Nunn - 5.2
Reaves - 1.6
Cap-holds (8) - 12.8

Total: 114.2
Salary Cap : 119

I don't see how even giving away WB for free (which is a HUGE assumption for his $47 million, but let's go with it for a minute) and letting all other free-agents walk frees up any significant cap-space for Monk.
Unless at least THT is given away for free as well.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Is this possible?

Back of the envelope calculation

Lebron - 44.4
AD - 37.9
THT - 10.3
Nunn - 5.2
Reaves - 1.6
Cap-holds (8) - 12.8

Total: 114.2
Salary Cap : 119

I don't see how even giving away WB for free (which is a HUGE assumption for his $47 million, but let's go with it for a minute) and letting all other free-agents walk frees up any significant cap-space for Monk.
Unless at least THT is given away for free as well OR Monk is offered the MLE via the hard-capping route.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Is this possible?

It is possible but would hard cap the team making it hard to fill up the roster. It isn’t very probable in my opinion.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen [ at ] hmfaigen

By
Evin Demirel -
July 28, 2014

Quote:

It will be more than one year of cheapness. I love how fans think that these young athletes should accept less than they are worth.

I am thinking of some old school type contracts where it is guaranteed but backloaded

Is Luol Deng still on the roster this year?

Nobody should give up money.

I had a job I loved and was the best employee my boss ever had in that position but he told me if I ever find more pay go for it.. pay was already high.. He didn't want anyone to hold themselves back

Monk should do what benefits him the most.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen @ hmfaigen

Let's just say Bron knows it's not easy for us to keep Monk, and he knows exactly what to say to increase our chances
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject:

22 Points vs the Nets

Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:24 am    Post subject:

It’s such a shame. The lakers hit the lottery on this guy and can only keep him for one year, a year where roster construction is going to doom them.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject:

Monk is a good scorer, but man is he overrated right now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

He'd be great as a scorer off the bench for a contender
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

He's shooting .400+ from three for the second year in a row. He has become a passable defender, though not any kind of defensive star. He may be overrated in the sense that there are always some posters on LG who overreact to players, positively or negatively. But it looks like Monk is finally living up to the hype from his college days. He seems to be more mature and seems to have put the drug phase behind him.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

He is good shooter, with decent playmaking and defending skill now, can penetrate and create too. It’s good to have him and Melo, two sharp shooters the Lakers haven’t ever had before, this season
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

how far is he from Jordan Clarkson?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

Monk will be needed in the stretch Lebron is not playing, i hope he doesn't go cold like last night.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1489469878482268160

This should be an indication that Malik is at least telling Bron & the guys in the locker room that he intends to get paid.

He’s playing at a 14m valuation right now…

Quote:
Malik Monk is one of the few bright spots of the Lakers season. The fifth-year guard is averaging career highs in scoring, three-pointers, and efficiency. He’s been on a scoring tear since Christmas averaging 17.2 points and 3.2 three per game in the last 17 games and is currently playing with a Real-Time Contract of $14 million.

The Lakers will be able to re-sign Monk this offseason for up to the taxpayer mid-level exception projected to start at $6.3 million. Otherwise, the most they can give him next season is his minimum salary amount projected at $2.05 million, or his non-Bird amount at $2.46 million. It’s possible Monk returns to the Lakers at a one-year deal at any of these salary amounts and tests the market in 2023. The Lakers would hold his Early Bird rights then which would make it much easier for them to pay him something closer to his Real-Time Contract.

https://hoopshype.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/92/2022/02/Monk.png?w=918

https://hoopshype.com/lists/contract-watch-players-who-could-become-cap-casualties/

So if Russ/Nunn opts in (via player option) and we decide to keep Reaves/Stan (via team option), then we wound already be looking at team salary of 149m rostering only 7 players and staring down the 151.4m cap apron (which is triggered by the hard cap by using the fMLE of 10.1m). So all we can really offer dude is the non-hard cap triggering mMLE of 6.25m. As you can see that’s more than half of what his current projected value is.

Even if Russ opts out to re-up at 30m per so that Malik could take the 10.1m fMLE, we wound still be at 142m in team salary rostering only 8 players….with less than 10m to add at least 6 more vet minimum players before hitting the 151.4m cap apron.

So if Malik was to come back, he has to expect getting giving us a discount. The silver lining is, he would re-up on a chess as per deal for one more year earning his early bird rights with us that could get him paid in the 12mish range in the summer of 2023.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1489469878482268160

This should be an indication that Malik is at least telling Bron & the guys in the locker room that he intends to get paid.

He’s playing at a 14m valuation right now…

Quote:
Malik Monk is one of the few bright spots of the Lakers season. The fifth-year guard is averaging career highs in scoring, three-pointers, and efficiency. He’s been on a scoring tear since Christmas averaging 17.2 points and 3.2 three per game in the last 17 games and is currently playing with a Real-Time Contract of $14 million.

The Lakers will be able to re-sign Monk this offseason for up to the taxpayer mid-level exception projected to start at $6.3 million. Otherwise, the most they can give him next season is his minimum salary amount projected at $2.05 million, or his non-Bird amount at $2.46 million. It’s possible Monk returns to the Lakers at a one-year deal at any of these salary amounts and tests the market in 2023. The Lakers would hold his Early Bird rights then which would make it much easier for them to pay him something closer to his Real-Time Contract.

https://hoopshype.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/92/2022/02/Monk.png?w=918

https://hoopshype.com/lists/contract-watch-players-who-could-become-cap-casualties/

So if Russ/Nunn opts in (via player option) and we decide to keep Reaves/Stan (via team option), then we wound already be looking at team salary of 149m rostering only 7 players and staring down the 151.4m cap apron (which is triggered by the hard cap by using the fMLE of 10.1m). So all we can really offer dude is the non-hard cap triggering mMLE of 6.25m. As you can see that’s more than half of what his current projected value is.

Even if Russ opts out to re-up at 30m per so that Malik could take the 10.1m fMLE, we wound still be at 142m in team salary rostering only 8 players….with less than 10m to add at least 6 more vet minimum players before hitting the 151.4m cap apron.

So if Malik was to come back, he has to expect getting giving us a discount. The silver lining is, he would re-up on a chess as per deal for one more year earning his early bird rights with us that could get him paid in the 12mish range in the summer of 2023.

If Nunn opts in, he can still be traded. Ask Montrezl Harrell.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
defense wrote:

thi is true...wonder if monk can net the lakers a 1st from a team in need of shooting...

issue would be he is a free agent at year's end...
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject:

dino wrote:
danzag wrote:
defense wrote:

thi is true...wonder if monk can net the lakers a 1st from a team in need of shooting...

issue would be he is a free agent at year's end...

His lack of bird rights is the bigger issue and pretty much means no one will trade us good value (like a frp) for him despite his stellar play.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Start this man at PG, trade Westbrook for a few 3D wings...

I know indiana has like 20 wing players
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 20 of 31
Jump to: