KENDRICK NUNN Officially a Laker Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
“He’s making progress. He’s doing more and more on the court,” Vogel said. “I just talked to one of our assistant coaches about the work he did today. And he definitely looks like he’s getting closer to where we need him. Still don’t have a timetable on it, other than to say he’s getting close.” - Vogel

Vogel used to say Ariza was 'a ways away' and all of a sudden he came back onto the lineup. 'He's getting close' sounds more positive than 'a ways away' to me lol

It is HOWEVER I'd temper that with how he looked in the videos (posted in injury thread). He wasn't moving much while shooting and when he did he was clearly still limping. So... yeah... :/. Not sure on this one.

I didn’t see a limp? Same video? Link ?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Phil Handy posted something on Instagram about Nunn coming soon.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

i feel kendrick is close. he's still a kid. i don't think he'll be issued a walker anytime soon.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
“He’s making progress. He’s doing more and more on the court,” Vogel said. “I just talked to one of our assistant coaches about the work he did today. And he definitely looks like he’s getting closer to where we need him. Still don’t have a timetable on it, other than to say he’s getting close.” - Vogel

Vogel used to say Ariza was 'a ways away' and all of a sudden he came back onto the lineup. 'He's getting close' sounds more positive than 'a ways away' to me lol

It is HOWEVER I'd temper that with how he looked in the videos (posted in injury thread). He wasn't moving much while shooting and when he did he was clearly still limping. So... yeah... :/. Not sure on this one.

Not sure if I saw a limp, he actually looked OK-ish to me, but I 100% agree with tempering our expectations especially with the Lakers when it comes to injuries
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

All the Cali guys on the Bulls are going nuclear while all the Chicago boys are injured or underperforming. lol
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

I didn’t see a limp? Same video? Link ?

Did I not post that one? Let me find it again. And just to be clear in case I accidentally hit the panic button it wasn't like a bad "I'm still super injured" limp it was more like an "I'm recovering but I'm not 100%" mini limp
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Whatever is wrong with Nunn, I hope he recovers quickly, however I'm sorry to announce, there's nothing he can do to help this Lakers team.
If anything, I say once he's healthy, we package him in a trade with Russel Westbrook in hopes to leverage enough buying power to get a significant player in return.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Is John Wall significant?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

John Wall would be better on this team than Westbrook... John Wall at least plays more under control and a better finisher.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Man it's game 41, half way into the season. He better pick up his option next season to make up for it. Otherwise he's a (bleep).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

John Wall would be better on this team than Westbrook... John Wall at least plays more under control and a better finisher.

More importantly he's shown that he's willing to sit out and collect checks. That's addition by subtraction getting rid of Brodie.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

More importantly he's shown that he's willing to sit out and collect checks. That's addition by subtraction getting rid of Brodie.

QFT (both)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject:

The thing about WB. Even if AD returns and clears out the defensive side. The Lakers will be more competitive and they have figured some things out on offense. It will be better. However WB plays such a high usage and at times negative impact game, I just can't see us play better than .600 ball.

We're on pace for 42 wins, but the schedule is tougher in the 2nd half. We do have better execution and chemistry so that will help. Overall, I think unless we make a big move with WB, we're married to that 40-45 win window this year.

Can you imagine where we would be without Lebron? No one was counting on this Lebron to show up before the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Can't wait for this guy to be back. My hope is that once he returns, it takes about 5-6 mins away from RW.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

This dude and AD returning soon as well as the inevitable THT trade is the only hope we have to close the gap vs GSW/PHX.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

At 10 games back it would take GS and/or Phoenix collapsing to close the gap.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

^ That ship has sailed. The only saving grace is after the top 3, the rest of the West is still suspect. 4th-6th is probably attainable assuming AD is 100% (and hopefully Westbrook is benched).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^ That ship has sailed. The only saving grace is after the top 3, the rest of the West is still suspect. 4th-6th is probably attainable assuming AD is 100% (and hopefully Westbrook is benched).

there is no way vogel would bench westbrook. it's either trade or start because he will be worse than he is today by coming off the bench. maybe in the playoffs, but certainly not in the regular season.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

there is no way vogel would bench westbrook. it's either trade or start because he will be worse than he is today by coming off the bench. maybe in the playoffs, but certainly not in the regular season.

RW doesn't have to be benched. All we need is for his minutes to be reduced. It'll be sort of like how Vogel handled JaVale McGee during our championship run. McGee started, but didn't play that many minutes 1st or 2nd quarters. He'd again start the 3rd, and then he'd be on the bench. Another example is how the Clippers play Zubak; he starts, but he really doesn't play that many game minutes.

RW will be given enough time to see if he's "on". But if he's missing layups and committing unforced errors early in the game, look for him to find a nice spot on the bench to sit and contemplate things, while Monk, Reaves, Bradley and Nunn eat up those minutes.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Come back soon. Please.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes come back so you can take away RW’s minutes.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Not Coming Back Anytime Soon

Per McTen

Frank Vogel says Kendrick Nunn’s anticipated return has been delayed when his knee did not respond the way they hoped it would as they ramped up his activity. He did not provide a timeline beyond that.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1483255585025921024?s=21
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Trade this bum
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Good lord this dude has the worst bone bruise in recorded medical history
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 8 of 30
Jump to: