Potential Rotations and Starting Lineup Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The Lakers will move forward with DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard, but neither are likely to start.

Anthony Davis is expected to be the starting center allowing for a Russ, Ellington, Ariza, LeBron, AD starting lineup.

THT will compete for a starting spot.

(@ShamsCharania)

Today AD said he still prefers to play the 4...but he'll start some games at the 5...Dwight and Jordan will start other games based on match-up. This according to AD.

I see it the same way....it'll be based on match-ups.

As it should be.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
https://youtube.com/shorts/f4AhLDj5ZcQ?feature=share

LBJ mentioned 6 God, just for fun tried to match it with Comic Characters

LBJ - Superman
AD - Ironman
RW - Black Panther
Rondo - Captain America
Carmelo - Batman
Dwight - Hulk

I see it like this instead:

LBJ = Iron Man - Center of the LCU (Laker Championship Universe). Most weapons out of anyone.

AD = Thor - Potentially the most powerful out of everyone; young prince almost reluctantly bearing the mantle of future king.

RW = Captain America - Possibly the most freakish athlete out of all of them; will NEVER quit, "can do this all day."

Dwight = (Nice Guy) Hulk - Physically strongest hero. Most likely to dab with kids out in public.

Melo = Hawkeye - Nearly all he does is shoot, but dang, he can SHOOT.

Rondo = Black Panther - Unquestioned leadership presence and intelligence; can take over a game despite relatively smaller stature.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
DLaker wrote:

LBJ - Superman
AD - Ironman
RW - Black Panther
Rondo - Captain America
Carmelo - Batman
Dwight - Hulk

LBJ = Iron Man - Center of the LCU (Laker Championship Universe). Most weapons out of anyone.

AD = Thor - Potentially the most powerful out of everyone; young prince almost reluctantly bearing the mantle of future king.

RW = Captain America - Possibly the most freakish athlete out of all of them; will NEVER quit, "can do this all day."

Dwight = (Nice Guy) Hulk - Physically strongest hero. Most likely to dab with kids out in public.

Rondo = Black Panther - Unquestioned leadership presence and intelligence; can take over a game despite relatively smaller stature.

+1 better than my take
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

No starting lineups have been decided outside of LeBron, AD and Russ, said Frank Vogel. That will be determined as the days go on.

Per Mike Trudell

So please disregard the Athletic article
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Good. That directly answered my question as to why the Lakers would decide on two of the unknown five starters before training camp even began. It made no sense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for the lineup of:

RW
THT
HBK
LBJ
AD
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Frank said it will be more like 19-20 than last year. So AD will start at 4, move to 5 after 1-2 rotations. Definitely close at the 5.

I think they will adopt that defensive mindset and intimidation, and you can only do that with Vogel's schemes if you have 2 bigs. The 2 bigs give the Lakers that fear factor. So many talked about it last year, not being there.

Still saying it will be

DAJ/Dwight
AD
Bron
Westbrook
+ Best shooting wing that defends (Ellington, Baze, Monk, THT)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

RW
THT
HBK
LBJ
AD

You made me think a bit on who HBK was.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

AD at the 5 fits the theme of this year: Sacrifice. Its a great example for a leader to show he is taking his personal preference out of the way and going to do what’s best for the team.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
DLaker wrote:

LBJ - Superman
AD - Ironman
RW - Black Panther
Rondo - Captain America
Carmelo - Batman
Dwight - Hulk

+1 better than my take

Switching this up now to:
Rondo = War Machine - Veteran presence, a little beat-up due to injuries over the years, but still a backup with all the different tools that LBJ/ Iron Man brings.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
epic_ wrote:

RW
THT
HBK
LBJ
AD

I didn't realize Shawn Michaels played Basketball either.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

https://i.redd.it/zamd8tt6vwq71.jpg

Bruh, with HBK being #15, Dwight taking #14 would have been perfect!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Or Nunn (Like None) goes to #00 and Dwight goes back to #12. Austin could have then went #14.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

The jersey numbers add up to 99.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
epic_ wrote:

RW
THT
HBK
LBJ
AD

Yeah I still don't know, who is dishing out sweet chin music for the purple and gold?
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Rajon Rondo not being #9 is weird.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
DLaker wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
DLaker wrote:

LBJ - Superman
AD - Ironman
RW - Black Panther
Rondo - Captain America
Carmelo - Batman
Dwight - Hulk

+1 better than my take

Switching this up now to:
Rondo = War Machine - Veteran presence, a little beat-up due to injuries over the years, but still a backup with all the different tools that LBJ/ Iron Man brings.

LBJ - Captain America
Westbrook - Iron Man
AD - Hulk
Dwight - Thor

THT - Spiderman
Malik Monk - Ant-Man

Melo - Winter Soldier
Ariza - The Falcon
Rondo - Dr. Strange

Ellington - Hawkeye
Nunn - Black Panther
Bazemore - Loki

I like this game...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Vogel said Malik Monk’s versatility has stood out early in camp. His "shooting, cutting, moving without the basketball, catching lobs on the break and in the half court … initiating offense wiith certain actions.

Mike Trudell

This is why he should and IMO will play more than Ellington. Ellington is just a journey guy….10 teams in 12 years tells u all u need to know. None of those teams thought he was worth keeping.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard says they call Malik Monk “The Microwave” because “once he hits one shot, it’s over with."

Mike Trudell

And this!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Vogel said Malik Monk’s versatility has stood out early in camp. His "shooting, cutting, moving without the basketball, catching lobs on the break and in the half court … initiating offense wiith certain actions.

Mike Trudell

This is why he should and IMO will play more than Ellington. Ellington is just a journey guy….10 teams in 12 years tells u all u need to know. None of those teams thought he was worth keeping.

This is great to hear. If AD really is going to be starting at the 5 often, the domino effect will be Baze and THT spending a lot of time at the 3 and opening up a lot of minutes at the 2 for Monk with Ellington being his only competition otherwise. I imagine there will be at least 2 of LBJ/AD/Russ/Melo on the court at all times to divert a lot of attention away from Monk/Ellington.

AD (20), Dwight (16), DAJ (12)
Bron (16), AD (12), Melo (20)
Ariza (16), Bron (16), Baze/THT (16)
Ellington (16), Monk (16), Baze/THT (16)
Russ (32), Nunn (16)

A lot of players warrant more minutes of course but I expect that to be relieved with the inevitable injury bug and load management for many of our older frontcourt players.

Last edited by gng930 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Megaton wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
epic_ wrote:

RW
THT
HBK
LBJ
AD

Yeah I still don't know, who is dishing out sweet chin music for the purple and gold?

He's just a sexy boy.
He's not your boy toy.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Mike Trudell

No it doesn’t tell you all you need to know. This team is about championships not one players personal gains. I think monk should get more mins as well but I don’t think he should start over Ellington. But if coach thinks he’s the best fit then so be it. Robert Horry like other role players was a journey man as well. He just landed in championship situations
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Mike Trudell

No it doesn’t tell you all you need to know. This team is about championships not one players personal gains. I think monk should get more mins as well but I don’t think he should start over Ellington. But if coach thinks he’s the best fit then so be it. Robert Horry like other role players was a journey man as well. He just landed in championship situations

We’ll to me it’s pretty telling….I think Monk has much more to offer but in the end it’s who makes shots and may the best man win. Hell it could be Baze or THT…..we’ll see as the season progresses
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Mike Trudell

Ariza has now played for 13 teams, including helping the Lakers reach two NBA Finals and winning one of them with us. So about that correlation...
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Mike Trudell

Ariza has now played for 13 teams, including helping the Lakers reach two NBA Finals and winning one of them with us. So about that correlation...

Ariza has banked an entire career off of that Laker success and they even let him go on purpose right in his prime because they knew that Metta was who they needed for the Celtics matchup... He hasn't been that good in a longggg time so him being a journeyman completely makes sense. He's very valuable to have at the vet min but journeyman fits him perfectly imo and I love Ariza.

I see someone mentioning Horry as a journeyman but I don't agree with that at all as he only played for 4 teams in a 17 year career with stints of 7,5,4,1 (only played 32 games for Phoenix) years on teams. He only played for the Spurs after the Lakers success due to them seeing how clutch he was when the Playoffs rolled around. So after the age 26 he spent the next 12 seasons playing only for the Lakers and Spurs..

Monk has substantially higher potential then Ellington so i'd much prefer to see him start if the Coaching staff believes in his discipline and think he's ready for that which is really the only concern i'd have. Ellington is the safe choice but if Monk keeps his word as far as wanting to mature and become a man leaving his past mistakes behind him then he'll be a problem for the league imo. That is still very much of a question mark though so I get the hesitancy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12
Jump to: