Laker or Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think, without a doubt, the Nets are the greatest threat to a healthy Lakers team, but I truly believe the Lakers should have the edge if, again, healthy.

Your analysis is reasonable, but the catch is that health is an issue for both of these teams. We probably would have met them in the Finals this year if both teams had been healthy. The Nets lost to the Bucks in seven, but there was no game in which all three of their stars played (unless you count the 43 seconds that Harden played in Game 1). So while I like your analysis, if the betting choices were the Lakers, the Nets, or the field, the smart money might be on the field.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ESPN called the Lakers a Big 4....Lebron, AD, Russ and Melo. I am just the messenger.

Over 82 games, I would have to go with the Nets Durant, Harden and Kyrie....just because of Lebron's age. In a 7 game series, if healthy, I like the Lakers....ironically mostly because of Lebron's experience.

Why is health only a question for the Lakers? I see that a lot from sports media. The last 3 years Kyrie played 67 20 and 54 KD 78 0 and 35. Can KD and Kyrie deal with the physical play of the Bucks Miami and Lakers? Russ Lowry and Dru are the most physical PGs in the league. Is KD defending AD?

It wouldn’t be a shock if any or all of both big 3’s missed 20 games next season.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Nets are better. Here is how I rank the 6 stars next year :
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

They have the best player and we have the worst of the six. They fit better and are younger.

Does a PG THAT never lead a team to the playoffs become better than the one who has lead the league twice in.
scoring and avg a triple double 4 of last 5 seasons and carried his team to the playoffs?

How does past accomplishments affect how well they perform next year?

Bruh Kyrie hasn't Lead a team anywhere while Russ just lead a team to the playoffs and avg a triple dub stop this nonsense. Russ does everything better than Kyrie except shoot and maybe ball handle.

So Beal was not an important player that lead the Wizard into the playoff?

After Westbrook and Irving retire, Westbrook will be seen as the better player when you look back to their basketball career. As for next season, Westbrook has passed his prime whereas Irving is still at his peak (leave the injury issue aside). Irving’s offensive skill outweighs Westbrook’s overall impact. Westbrook’s athleticism will decline and it is likely his production will drop because of that. He has been traded so many times in the last few years. Just look at what the teams receive in return. He will be a good regular season player. It is his impact in the playoff that I’m questioning.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have an X factor in AD. That being said if LBj and Russ can’t hit free throws it’s going to hurt.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

They have the best player and we have the worst of the six. They fit better and are younger.

Does a PG THAT never lead a team to the playoffs become better than the one who has lead the league twice in.
scoring and avg a triple double 4 of last 5 seasons and carried his team to the playoffs?

Since no one can foretell the future, the reality is we don't KNOW how well any of them will perform next year. But all things being equal, past performance is a pretty good indication of future performance.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are flat out tougher than the Nets. They are bigger, stronger and more athletic. They are better defensively, on the boards and scoring in the paint. The only advantage the Brooklyn has over the Lakers is shooting.

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

thats all we have. The past shows us Kyrie is always injured late in the year, Harden seems to have excuses late in the year and KD has never done anything without russ, steph or klay.

Plus we dont know how well those 3 fit long term. they played 8 games together.

Flip that.

Russ dragged a wiz team to playoffs
AD has brought a team to playoffs and won a ring with only one superstar running mate.
Bron just does bron

I certainly feel lakers supporting cast is better but im bias. I definitely think our coach is better, and losing Mike D will have a little effect maybe.

I think Bucks win east again. Tougher more physical with bets player in league.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"At full strength, nobody can beat us. I’m just going to leave it at that."

- James Harden (Via http://SI.com)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1428366930029604875
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

I agree with him, but availability is part of the game.

These guys tried to take all regular season time off and then couldn’t stay healthy when they faced a sturdy, physical Bucks team.

It’s part of the game. You can’t just say “fully healthy.” Staying healthy is a skill too. That’s why we tend to get on Anthony Day to Davis.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

Since no one can foretell the future, the reality is we don't KNOW how well any of them will perform next year. But all things being equal, past performance is a pretty good indication of future performance.

Well, but one guy is turning year 33 and relies heavily on his physical tools and one guy is year 29 and at his peak. There are certain things you need to take into account.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

thats all we have. The past shows us Kyrie is always injured late in the year, Harden seems to have excuses late in the year and KD has never done anything without russ, steph or klay.

Flip that.

AD has brought a team to playoffs and won a ring with only one superstar running mate.
Bron just does bron

I certainly feel lakers supporting cast is better but im bias. I definitely think our coach is better, and losing Mike D will have a little effect maybe.

I think you are really biased when you don't consider KD as one of the best players in the NBA now by saying he hasn't done anything without the Golden States stars

You are also biased when you addressing their injury concerns and their fit together without mentioning injury was our biggest nightmare last season and the fit of Russ and LBJ is a bigger issue than their stars.

But hey, I might be biased too although I am a lakers fan.

Lastly, the Nets almost defeated the Bucks without a healthy Harden and Irving. There is a good reason why Nets is the favorite.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

Flip that.

Bron just does bron

I think you are really biased when you don't consider KD as one of the best players in the NBA now by saying he hasn't done anything without the Golden States stars

You are also biased when you addressing their injury concerns and their fit together without mentioning injury was our biggest nightmare last season and the fit of Russ and LBJ is a bigger issue than their stars.

But hey, I might be biased too although I am a lakers fan.

Lastly, the Nets almost defeated the Bucks without a healthy Harden and Irving. There is a good reason why Nets is the favorite.

you must be having lot of free time
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
1. KD
2. AD
3. LBJ
4. Harden
5.Irving
6. RW

Bruh Kyrie hasn't Lead a team anywhere while Russ just lead a team to the playoffs and avg a triple dub stop this nonsense. Russ does everything better than Kyrie except shoot and maybe ball handle.

So Beal was not an important player that lead the Wizard into the playoff?

After Westbrook and Irving retire, Westbrook will be seen as the better player when you look back to their basketball career. As for next season, Westbrook has passed his prime whereas Irving is still at his peak (leave the injury issue aside). Irving’s offensive skill outweighs Westbrook’s overall impact. Westbrook’s athleticism will decline and it is likely his production will drop because of that. He has been traded so many times in the last few years. Just look at what the teams receive in return. He will be a good regular season player. It is his impact in the playoff that I’m questioning.

Dude Chris Paul has been traded multiple times recently I guess we should all think he's not an impact player anymore
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ESPN called the Lakers a Big 4....Lebron, AD, Russ and Melo. I am just the messenger.

We shoot messengers down here in the south. Don't you know that?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

This article from The Athletic (pay wall) ranks the top 125 players in the league. The author breaks up the list into tiers, rather than giving a strict numerical ranking. This is how he ranks the players on the Lakers and Nets:

Durant 1A
Lebron 1A
Harden 1B
Davis 2A
Irving 2C
Westbrook 3C
Harris 4A
Brown 5A

Take it for whatever it's worth. By the way, the other 1A is Giannis, and the other 1Bs are Leonard, Jokic, and Curry. Caruso, KCP, and Schroder all got 5A.

The Athletic (Pay Wall)
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Carmelo's is practically a third string player at this point in his career
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

2nd string. 25 min a game last year with Portland. 13 points a game 41% from 3.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

I agree with him, but availability is part of the game.

These guys tried to take all regular season time off and then couldn’t stay healthy when they faced a sturdy, physical Bucks team.

It’s part of the game. You can’t just say “fully healthy.” Staying healthy is a skill too. That’s why we tend to get on Anthony Day to Davis.

Got to agree with James Whistle here. Which is why AD is such a crucial piece to the puzzle, he has to be healthy.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in fo'.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Come on he's not that bad. He pllayed 24 minutes last season and put up 13 and 3 boards on 40% shooting from 3.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Come on he's not that bad. He pllayed 24 minutes last season and put up 13 and 3 boards on 40% shooting from 3.

Yup. Ariza's probably closer to being 3rd string
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If he can play just a bit of D and give us those numbers this season. Phenomenal....
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
32 wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
If he can play just a bit of D and give us those numbers this season. Phenomenal....
With Ariza and Melo, they will be playing 15-20 MPG

Melo proved last year that he can still be efficient as a backup where superstars (from Dame to potentially LBJ/AD/Russ) will be giving wide open shots, hence eliminating the wear-and-tear of playing starter minutes and expectations

Ariza is a proven savvy team D player that LBJ trusts. With Gasol/Dwight being the last line of D, he will be great

Their reputations will have opposing teams not ignore them

———

A Lakers-Nets matchup in the NBA Finals could have stars on stars on stars
LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwight Howard have 52 All-Star appearances between them for the Lakers.

Kevin Durant, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, and Blake Griffin have 33 All-Star appearances between them for the Nets.

Only Davis will still be in his 20s by the time the playoffs roll around, but both the talent and the veteran experience in this matchup would be off the charts. Both of these teams will consider their season a failure if they don’t win the championship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2021/8/18/22629408/lakers-nets-nba-finals-2022-prediction
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Hard to argue with a guy who has done it before.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Nets play-in game is on Tuesday. This thread looks kind of funny in the light.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: