Magic Johnson Says LeBron James Has To Take The Blame For DeMar DeRozan Joining The Bulls

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Magic Johnson Says LeBron James Has To Take The Blame For DeMar DeRozan Joining The Bulls

Quote:
"When I think about it, the blame that he's gotta take is the fact that DeRozan ended up in Chicago and not with the Lakers," Johnson said on ESPN's Get Up on Monday morning. "DeRozan wanted to play for the Lakers, and when I got the call from his agent, I called the Lakers, said, 'Hey, he wants to come home.' And DeRozan could have been a Laker instead of a Bull. We could have made that deal, but when Russell and LeBron and them started talking, that's when they nixed that deal and went with Westbrook, and he became a Laker instead of DeRozan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magic-johnson-says-lebron-james-has-to-take-the-blame-for-demar-derozan-joining-the-bulls/

It seems like Jeanie Buss is doing her blame deflecting through the media; like she does. I could be wrong though, but it seems like her M.O. especially with her saying that she keeps in contact with Magic and Magic saying that he is gonna be involved in some capacity. Again, I could be wrong, but to me, this has Jeanie written all over it.

Last edited by Outspoken on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Johnson says LeBron James has to take the blame for DeMar DeRozan joining the Bulls

Outspoken wrote:
Quote:
"When I think about it, the blame that he's gotta take is the fact that DeRozan ended up in Chicago and not with the Lakers," Johnson said on ESPN's Get Up on Monday morning. "DeRozan wanted to play for the Lakers, and when I got the call from his agent, I called the Lakers, said, 'Hey, he wants to come home.' And DeRozan could have been a Laker instead of a Bull. We could have made that deal, but when Russell and LeBron and them started talking, that's when they nixed that deal and went with Westbrook, and he became a Laker instead of DeRozan.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magic-johnson-says-lebron-james-has-to-take-the-blame-for-demar-derozan-joining-the-bulls/

It seems like Jeanie Buss is doing her blame deflecting through the media; like she does. I could be wrong though, but it seems like her M.O. especially with her saying that she keeps in contact with Magic and Magic saying that he is gonna be involved in some capacity. Again, I could be wrong, but to me, this has Jeanie written all over it.

Maybe, but then its tough to pick and choose what one wants to believe. At this point everyone has a mouthpiece and everyone is in self-preservation mode. Magic didn't sound like he was throwing anyone under the bus. He sounded like he was glossing himself as being the conduit to a DD deal.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Johnson says LeBron James has to take the blame for DeMar DeRozan joining the Bulls

Halflife wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:

Maybe, but then its tough to pick and choose what one wants to believe. At this point everyone has a mouthpiece and everyone is in self-preservation mode. Magic didn't sound like he was throwing anyone under the bus. He sounded like he was glossing himself as being the conduit to a DD deal.

Yea, Magic is very self centered and very arrogant, but this seems so random and does come off at a shot at Bron and possibly Klutch. "Lakers are where they are at because of Bron," is what it says to me. And the timing....
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Johnson says LeBron James has to take the blame for DeMar DeRozan joining the Bulls

Outspoken wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Quote:

Yea, Magic is very self indulged and very arrogant, but this seems so random and does come off at a shot at Bron and possibly Klutch. "Lakers are where they are at because of Bron," is what it says to me. And the timing....

at least he's an equal opportunity flame thrower. the only one he hasn't scorched is reaves, rightfully so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: