RIP Gabriella "Gabby" Petito - 9.19.21; UPDATE: Brian Laundrie Autopsy shows he died by suicide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
To answer Cane’s question, there isn’t a warrant out because there is a lack of probable cause to charge, and the police must release a suspect in short order unless they have evidence to charge; so they don’t usually make arrests just because they have a pretty decent idea based on the circumstances. They need evidence. The body will certainly move them forward (establishing a crime and perhaps linking him to it). But remember, right now she’s missing and we don’t know what happened. Our suspicions are likely going to turn out correct but that’s not how the law works, for good reason.

They are 90% certain they found her body and have started searching the guy's home in Florida, which they wouldn't be doing without some solid sense of just cause, or else they'd be risking anything they find being tossed for illegal search and seizure.

Probable cause for a search and probable cause for an arrest are very different. The searches will hopefully turn up the evidence required to charge him. Then he can be arrested.

Yes, I am aware. That was pretty much my point, and one that I have been making all along. It's about appropriately building a case as you move along. Not slamming some dude in a cell on a whim at the start.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Bring in the family for questioning...its obvious at this point they are assisting in his disappearance or know more than they are letting on.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

GABBY PETITO
911 Call from Utah Stop ...
ALLEGES BF BRIAN SLAPPED HER

FOX obtained the 911 call in question, which was placed on August 12 near Moab, Utah -- not too far from where Gabby and Brian were eventually pulled over later that day by a city cop, whose body camera captured a distraught Gabby ... and Brian unseemly denying anything had happened between them.

Check out the audio ... you hear a man tell the operator he's calling to report a domestic dispute he says he saw in town, going on to paint a picture of the white van Gabby and Brian had been traveling in, while also providing a license plate number ... and descriptions of both of them.

When the operator asks point blank what he saw them doing ... the guy doesn't hesitate -- he says he saw the man slapping and hitting the female, then both of them running up and down the sidewalk ... and finally jumping into the van and driving off.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like she made a terrible decision to travel with that psychopath and when she finally had enough and maybe decided to call it off he killed her and dumped her body in that national park. Meanwhile he drove her vehicle back home like nothing happened.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sounds like she made a terrible decision to travel with that psychopath and when she finally had enough and maybe decided to call it off he killed her and dumped her body in that national park. Meanwhile he drove her vehicle back home like nothing happened.

Such a weird plan. It's like he's never watched Forensic Files.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
To answer Cane’s question, there isn’t a warrant out because there is a lack of probable cause to charge, and the police must release a suspect in short order unless they have evidence to charge; so they don’t usually make arrests just because they have a pretty decent idea based on the circumstances. They need evidence. The body will certainly move them forward (establishing a crime and perhaps linking him to it). But remember, right now she’s missing and we don’t know what happened. Our suspicions are likely going to turn out correct but that’s not how the law works, for good reason.

They are 90% certain they found her body and have started searching the guy's home in Florida, which they wouldn't be doing without some solid sense of just cause, or else they'd be risking anything they find being tossed for illegal search and seizure.

Probable cause for a search and probable cause for an arrest are very different. The searches will hopefully turn up the evidence required to charge him. Then he can be arrested.

Yes, I am aware. That was pretty much my point, and one that I have been making all along. It's about appropriately building a case as you move along. Not slamming some dude in a cell on a whim at the start.

Right, just clarifying for canes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

My guess is if this is what it looks like this was a crime of passion with no planning.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

My guess is if this is what it looks like this was a crime of passion with no planning.

I know that's a common term but in light of the #MeToo movement and the epidemic of violence directed at women, I would call it a crime of *rage.* We're likely to find he had a history of domestic violence and rage issues directed toward women. These sorts of issues are not usually stand-alone, one-off events. Basically "crime of passion" is an old-fashioned way of letting men off the hook for their violence and misogyny due to their *own* rage, and not something their partner deserved or provoked because he just had "so much passion" for her.

/not directed at you personally, just a context comment for everyone reading
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I know that's a common term but in light of the #MeToo movement and the epidemic of violence directed at women, I would call it a crime of *rage.* We're likely to find he had a history of domestic violence and rage issues directed toward women. These sorts of issues are not usually stand-alone, one-off events. Basically "crime of passion" is an old-fashioned way of letting men off the hook for their violence and misogyny due to their *own* rage, and not something their partner deserved or provoked because he just had "so much passion" for her.

I think "crimes of passion" is just so people understand that it happened in a relationship.

Crimes of rage have their own different connotation, like road rage incidents between strangers.

But yeah, they all involve rage/anger.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
GABBY PETITO

FOX obtained the 911 call in question, which was placed on August 12 near Moab, Utah -- not too far from where Gabby and Brian were eventually pulled over later that day by a city cop, whose body camera captured a distraught Gabby ... and Brian unseemly denying anything had happened between them.

Check out the audio ... you hear a man tell the operator he's calling to report a domestic dispute he says he saw in town, going on to paint a picture of the white van Gabby and Brian had been traveling in, while also providing a license plate number ... and descriptions of both of them.

When the operator asks point blank what he saw them doing ... the guy doesn't hesitate -- he says he saw the man slapping and hitting the female, then both of them running up and down the sidewalk ... and finally jumping into the van and driving off.

I flipped when the cops were telling him about their own DV issues

She looked way way way too scared for it to only be about the arrest
She was out of his league and he couldn't see how much she actually loved him and hehad to use put downs and I guess beatings to keep her in line?

The cop said she didn't stop crying or shaking the whole time they were there

Because she knew Brian was going to get REVENGE

She wasn't afraid of the police. She was deathly afraid of him.
Was her Desire for this trip so deep she kept imagining he would change? They built the van themselves and got engaged to be married. Mother said early that they cancelled that and chose to see how things go

One of the weirdest things to me was he supposedly left and went back to Florida to empty his storage unit and take the stuff to his home. From memory 17th-24th. Then killed her basically the next day or couple after.

What was he really doing leaving a frugal vanlife cross country journey to fly home and back? The two women's bodies were found the day after he left and murdered the night after their DV. The woman was working in the store where Gabby sat all day...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I think "crimes of passion" is just so people understand that it happened in a relationship.

Crimes of rage have their own different connotation, like road rage incidents between strangers.

But yeah, they all involve rage/anger.

The “passion” in crime of passion refers not to a relationship, but to a sudden impulse of rage, in the sense of not being premeditated. Because it doesn’t look like anything approaching a plan.

Last edited by Omar Little on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Was he proving to her he could dump her alone out there but only that time she had the van? ***The days gone back to Florida?

The dv fight was over him telling her she was too stupid to do the website and because she was fearful he would dump her on the side of the road alone. <<<Their words not mine.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
GABBY PETITO

She was out of his league and he couldn't see how much she actually loved him and hehad to use put downs and I guess beatings to keep her in line?

Was her Desire for this trip so deep she kept imagining he would change? They built the van themselves and got engaged to be married. Mother said early that they cancelled that and chose to see how things go

One of the weirdest things to me was he supposedly left and went back to Florida to empty his storage unit and take the stuff to his home. From memory 17th-24th. Then killed her basically the next day or couple after.

What was he really doing leaving a frugal vanlife cross country journey to fly home and back? The two women's bodies were found the day after he left and murdered the night after their DV. The woman was working in the store where Gabby sat all day...

Okay, I might have missed this. Which two women's bodies were found?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
GABBY PETITO

Okay, I might have missed this. Which two women's bodies were found?

Hmm.
Quote:
But Grand County Sheriff Steven White said in a news release the two cases are unrelated, without providing any details.
The two women killed, newlyweds Kylen Schulte, 24, and Crystal Turner, 38, had told friends they feared a “creepy man” they had seen nearby might harm them before their bodies were found Aug. 18.

First link. Sry bout Fox
https://fox4kc.com/news/gabby-petitos-disappearance-not-related-to-utah-double-murder-officials-say/
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

My understanding is she knew him very well. They went to high school together in NY, she resided with him and his parents for some period of time in FL, and they even worked together at the local Publix.

I think he is dead....but then sometimes guys that are the most violent against others are not able to end their own life.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Hmm.
Quote:
But Grand County Sheriff Steven White said in a news release the two cases are unrelated, without providing any details.
The two women killed, newlyweds Kylen Schulte, 24, and Crystal Turner, 38, had told friends they feared a “creepy man” they had seen nearby might harm them before their bodies were found Aug. 18.

First link. Sry bout Fox
https://fox4kc.com/news/gabby-petitos-disappearance-not-related-to-utah-double-murder-officials-say/

I am going to go out on a limb and say it is not that uncommon to run into a "creepy man" at a camp ground.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:
The more I hear about these two morons, the more I want them to be really gone.

^^LMAO - You bastid.. you are useful just for this alone! You are my Dark Humor Master

petito, potahto, let's call the whole thing off

Not before we air out the dirty Laundrie.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The “passion” in crime of passion refers not to a relationship, but to a sudden impulse of rage, in the sense of not being premeditated. Because it doesn’t look like anything approaching a plan.

That’s true. Crimes of passion is used for premeditation purposes.

But as far as changing it from crimes of passion to crimes of rage, I think rage is already inherent in these titles. I think the passion part does let you know that it’s based on a relationship.

You could become enraged against your mother/father, brother/sister in the heat of the moment and they wouldn't call it a crime of passion. I don't know what they'd call it. So I think crime of passion does let you know that it involves some sort of love crime.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Hmm.
Quote:

First link. Sry bout Fox

I am going to go out on a limb and say it is not that uncommon to run into a "creepy man" at a camp ground.

The reason it looked odd is because on the day the DV call was made they were scuffling etc right outside the store Moonflower CoOp where Kylen Schulte, one of the dead newlyweds, was working that day. And killed the very next night he was there

And this odd picture posted by Gabby of the book about the Zodiac Killer and Brians eyes being blurred .. just odd
https://www.nbatitlechase.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PHOTO-Gabby-Petito-Reading-The-Zodiac-Killer-While-Her-Boyfriend-Paints.jpg
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

The action or non-action that his parents took when Petito's parents asked for her whereabouts speaks volumes....they might have not have covered up the crime, but they didn't necessarily acted like they cared either.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Just read that one of the reasons the autopsy was put off until Tuesday is because the body is in pieces potentially because of Bears? Could be BS
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
GABBY PETITO

What we are seeing now is evidence trickling out of an abusive relationship and she didn't help herself by protecting the abuser. He most likely had a psychological hold on her making her feel insufficient and despite the fights she repeatedly returned to her abuser. They told he cops she was hitting him, when in fact the witness says it was the other way around. He was not a good person and ended up being the source of her demise.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The action or non-action that his parents took when Petito's parents asked for her whereabouts speaks volumes....they might have not have covered up the crime, but they didn't necessarily acted like they cared either.

The truth is most parents would act to protect their child.....it may be ugly and it may not be right, but that is what most parents would do in my opinion. I assume he likely told them she left and he could not find her or something....and they wanted to believe their child.

No decent adult son would put his parents in that situation.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

All of you are weird.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That’s true. Crimes of passion is used for premeditation purposes.

But as far as changing it from crimes of passion to crimes of rage, I think rage is already inherent in these titles. I think the passion part does let you know that it’s based on a relationship.

You could become enraged against your mother/father, brother/sister in the heat of the moment and they wouldn't call it a crime of passion. I don't know what they'd call it. So I think crime of passion does let you know that it involves some sort of love crime.

I get what you mean but that’s not what the definition means. Totally different use of the word passion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: