Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

LA football is back, baby!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2022/02/02/49ers-fan-beaten-into-a-coma-outside-sofi-stadium-after-rams-victory/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

C M B wrote:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2022/02/02/49ers-fan-beaten-into-a-coma-outside-sofi-stadium-after-rams-victory/

Sickening.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject:

Iirc, the last one of these to a Norcal fan was at Dodgers Stadium. SF Giants fan. He was a paramedic, iirc. I think he survived, but same coma type deal. You coldcock someone on pavement or concrete and your dumb ass could get 7-10 (if lucky) for manslaughter. Goons, however, never know to wait til the victim they're gonna typically suckerpunch is walking on grass at the time. Saw a couple of those 5 finger deathpunch vids just yesterday on YT. Bar and outside of bar.

I remember someone in here saying they were at a sportsbar in LA during the 08 Finals and he advised a Celtic-jersey to amscray as the seconds were ticking down in a Laker L. And the guy was smart enough to ditch the KG uni and hightail it outta there otherwise he would've been like one of those C fans in the gauntlet known at Staples during those 08 Finals road broadcasts. Idiots didn't know the diff between usual Staples attendees and RAIL Angelino fans who wanted a chance to see a game w/o the usual exorbitant ticket prices.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

ChickenStu wrote:
C M B wrote:

Sickening.

I thought that kind of L.A. football left with the Raiders.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

Im a 49er fan (I dont rep the bay Area but gravitated to the underdogs for the early 90s NFL rivalry of 49ers vs Cowboys as a kid) and I wouldnt dare go to a game like this in LA decked in niner gear even if there were more 49er fans around
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Are those 49er “fans” for real? Or just bunch of people likes to wear red and to been seen as different? I’m not aware 49er fan base has such huge Hispanic following.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately lowlifes like LA sports so I doubt this is team specific.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

I would never attend a sporting event in LA. I know that there are hundreds of good fans for every thug but considering the traffic, cost and garbage City government, my TV works just fine.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
C M B wrote:

Sickening.

The thugs and gangbangers never left and they tend to gravitate towards the local sports team. Theres plenty of youtube videos of them getting drunk and beating the crap out of somebody.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Are those 49er “fans” for real? Or just bunch of people likes to wear red and to been seen as different? I’m not aware 49er fan base has such huge Hispanic following.

Uh, believe it or not, there's a ton of latino people living in the bay area...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Uh, believe it or not, there's a ton of latino people living in the bay area...

Seriously, what is this post?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

LA is a tough crowd. Nothing to condone but if you are wearing the opponent's colors expect noise.

I flew up to Oakland for a bunch of games and before games even started it would pop off. Saw a bears/Vikings game in Minny and same deal.

Its part of sports culture.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

49ers fan base is huge in So Cal just in general. Think about all of us that grew up as kids through the 80s and 90s. All the talk was of the 49ers. Video games like Tecmo Bowl etc all featured them as one of the premier teams. Add that to the fact that the Rams up and left, you can see why the Rams are still trying to rebuild their fan base (which was already distant to the Raiders by the time the 90s were happening). Nobody I know in my age group cared about the Rams. Those kids now are all in their 40s and 50s with kids of their own...

A Super Bowl win would be HUGE for the Rams.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
C M B wrote:

Sickening.

It's not specific to any one LA team or sport. There have been bad actors in the LA fan base for decades and it takes place at all the venues. Outside of the standard (bleep) I'd see at Raiders games, I've seen disturbing stuff everywhere—Dodgers and Lakers included. Oddly enough, from the hundreds of in person sporting events I have been to in LA over the years, the only place I never saw any violence or disturbing behavior was at LA. Kings games. I'm sure it has happened, but hockey games have always had the best atmosphere when it come to tolerating opposing fans from my experience.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

^
This has been my experience also, as an LA Kings fan. I couldn't agree more.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

short for Fanatic....
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

ofcourse...
its a combination of SF being close enough for bay area people to drive or take a quick flight to LA and then the area just developed a bunch of 49er fans from back during those long years when there was no NFL team here
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
C M B wrote:

Sickening.

It's not specific to any one LA team or sport. There have been bad actors in the LA fan base for decades and it takes place at all the venues. Outside of the standard (bleep) I'd see at Raiders games, I've seen disturbing stuff everywhere—Dodgers and Lakers included. Oddly enough, from the hundreds of in person sporting events I have been to in LA over the years, the only place I never saw any violence or disturbing behavior was at LA. Kings games. I'm sure it has happened, but hockey games have always had the best atmosphere when it come to tolerating opposing fans from my experience.

I wager if we looked at the demographics of who attends Kings games versus who attends Lakers/Dodgers/Rams/Etc, the answer would be quite obvious as to "why" there isn't as much violence at Kings games.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Niners fan given the Dodger Stadium parking lot special after Sunday's game

Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
C M B wrote:

Sickening.

I wager if we looked at the demographics of who attends Kings games versus who attends Lakers/Dodgers/Rams/Etc, the answer would be quite obvious as to "why" there isn't as much violence at Kings games.

What do you mean by this, exactly?

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
A suspect was arrested and taken into custody after an altercation that badly injured a San Francisco 49ers fan in a parking lot outside SoFi Stadium

Butts said police sought the man who threw the punch based on a blurry video and the license plate of a car.

Luna, who owns a restaurant in Oakland, was mingling in a crowd of about 16 people at SoFi Stadium, most of them wearing what appeared to be 49ers jerseys, when he pushed a man wearing a Rams jersey from behind, Butts said after viewing the video.

Before that, Butts said, "there didn't seem to be any hostilities.

''

When Luna turned to walk away, the man pushed Luna back, the mayor said. When Luna turned, the man punched him in the mouth, causing Luna to fall to the ground and hit the back of his head, Butts said, estimating that the encounter lasted less than five seconds.

"It looked like a small altercation that went very bad,'' Butts said. "From one punch and someone falling, hitting their head on the ground. It wasn't like you had people ganging up on somebody and beating them.''

Luna's face was fractured and he was placed in a medically induced coma to prevent internal bleeding from swelling his brain, Butts added.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

Sounds like the 49er fan instigated it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Suspect arrested for alleged assault of 49ers fan at SoFi stadium that left him in coma

LINK
Quote:

Cifuentes allegedly punched Luna in the face, causing him to fall and strike his head, according to authorities. Luna had allegedly first pushed Cifuentes from behind

Quote:
Though Cifuentes has been arrested on suspicion of assault, Luna shoved first, the mayor said.

Quote:
Butts told reporters that video from the stadium – which won't be released – showed Luna pushing a person in a yellow jersey from behind first. Then that person, allegedly CiFuentes, shoves back and punches Luna once in "the mouth area," Butts said.

Quote:
According to Butts, Luna was wearing a white shirt and Cifuentes appeared to be wearing a yellow Rams jersey.

And the plot thickens.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Suspect arrested for alleged assault of 49ers fan at SoFi stadium that left him in coma

LINK
Quote:

Cifuentes allegedly punched Luna in the face, causing him to fall and strike his head, according to authorities. Luna had allegedly first pushed Cifuentes from behind

Quote:
Though Cifuentes has been arrested on suspicion of assault, Luna shoved first, the mayor said.

Quote:
Butts told reporters that video from the stadium – which won't be released – showed Luna pushing a person in a yellow jersey from behind first. Then that person, allegedly CiFuentes, shoves back and punches Luna once in "the mouth area," Butts said.

Quote:
According to Butts, Luna was wearing a white shirt and Cifuentes appeared to be wearing a yellow Rams jersey.

And the plot thickens.

Not that its the case here, but I always felt that many of the old Raider stadium fights were gang related and stoked by team rivalry.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

^
A push for a push is justified. I don't see how a push, followed by a push AND THEN A PUNCH, is a fair or appropriate reaction. That's still assault, is it not?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
A push for a push is justified. I don't see how a push, followed by a push AND THEN A PUNCH, is a fair or appropriate reaction. That's still assault, is it not?

I'm not a lawyer. I see it as self defense. Cifuentes may have been in fear of his life. A strange pushes him from behind. How could he know what that stranger had in mind?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: