Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Nationals starting pitcher's pitch count is 40 after 1 inning.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Buehler looks like trash
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I keep saying, Buehler just ain't it anymore.

Ever since he lost that 100mph fastball, he hasn't been the same. He's so much more hittable now.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Seeing this Josh Donaldson-Tim Anderson thing reminds me of the Yuli Gurriel-Yu Darvish incident. Again, MLB's handling of the 2 situations is inconsistent:

Quote:
Astros' Yuli Gurriel gets World Series reprieve for racist gesture aimed at Dodgers' Yu Darvish

HOUSTON – At the most intense time of the season and on baseball’s most visible platform, Yuri Gurriel and the Houston Astros eluded a bullet on Saturday.

The talented Astros first baseman was suspended five games for a racially insensitive gesture directed at Dodgers pitcher Yu Darvish in the second inning of Game 3 here on Friday night.

The key for the Astros and potentially for the competitive balance of this World Series – the suspension won’t take affect until the start of the 2018 regular season.

While seen in some quarters as a weak stance by MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, who made the call some four hours before the first pitch of Saturday’s Game 4, his options were limited.

Had the commissioner opted to suspend Guriel for one game of the World Series, the Astros surely would have appealed, which could have delayed any ruling anyway. And at that point, things could have become complicated.

Ultimately, MLB decided to save the World Series in the short term and will worry about saving face going forward.

“There is no question that it is a difficult decision as to when the right timing was,” Manfred said in a press conference to announce the suspension. “I used my best judgment.”

The wisdom of that judgment, of course, will be up for debate. But in this particularly sensitive time in North American sports, Manfred was never going to win and there is already a noisy argument that he missed an opportunity to make an influential and progressive statement.

Ultimately, though, the suspension was reached swiftly and approved by all parties – the commissioner’s office, both teams, both players and the all-important players’ union.

MANFRED’S REASONS

When making the call to defer the suspension of Astros first baseman Yuli Gurriel, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred made a list.

And when he got to four, he felt he had enough to justify the five game suspension (with pay) that begins at the start of next season.

Those reasons are as follows:

* The five-game suspension will cost Gurriel more than $320,000 US in salary. A one-game playoff suspension would have cost nothing.

* In Manfred’s words, “I felt it was unfair to punish the other 22 players on the Astros roster. I wanted the burden of discipline to fall primarily on the wrongdoer.

* Dodgers pitcher Yu Darvish told the commissioner he had “a desire to move forward. I felt moving the suspension to the start of the season would help in that regard.”

* Manfrad was concerned about the right of Gurriel to appeal the suspension. In deferring the punishment, the player agreed not to appeal.

https://torontosun.com/sports/baseball/astros-yuli-gurriel-apologizes-for-racist-gesture-aimed-at-dodgers-yu-darvish
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Man, Mookie is on fire. Two homers and he hit another flyout to the deepest part on the park.

Still only the 4th inning.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
SD: 7
SF: 0

At this point, I don't know if I should be rooting for SD or SF.

SD's right on our tails right now. Should they win today, they'd be 1/2 game behind. I think SD is this year's version of last year's SF Giants.

Dodgers: 27-13
Padres: 27-14 (should they win this game)

Well at least if the Giants keep struggling it turns into a 2 team race instead of the 3 team race I was worried about. I’m really happy to see the Giants with 5 straight losses and a 22-19 record. Has to be so frustrating for them after the magical year they had last year.

The Yankees record is a 29-13. Dodgers at 28-13. That surprises me after the Yankees record looked much better than any other team about a week ago.

Bal: 5
NYY: 4

bottom of the 7th

We might have the best record in mlb by the end of tonight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Man, Mookie is on fire. Two homers and he hit another flyout to the deepest part on the park.

Still only the 4th inning.

Worth every penny.

I was one of the loudest critics of the FO for not signing in big names in yesteryear or for continually going for reclamation projects. Shows what I know. They've found gem after gem in the dumpster and they knocked it out of the park with their two big signings (Mookie's extension and Freeman's FA contract)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Mookie now leads the league in home runs with 12.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

wow
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

The Price acquisition reminds me of Josh Beckett
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Shows how crazy Judge is wrecking the AL with 17
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
32 wrote:

Shows how crazy Judge is wrecking the AL with 17

Judge bet on himself this year and looks like he's going to get paid.

He turned down:

Quote:
The Yankees' offer was 7 years, $213.5 million

If he hits 50+ HRs, how do the Yankees let him go?

10 yrs $350M? Can the Yankees say no?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering if Mookie right now is playing better than he was in his prime Red Sox years.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I'm wondering if Mookie right now is playing better than he was in his prime Red Sox years.

He was a gold glove type center fielder at one point. That's alot of value.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I haven't had a chance to do much other than box score watch this season. Has he lost a step? During that WS run, he was a defensive dynamo. Him and Cody had a highlight reel every game.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I haven't had a chance to do much other than box score watch this season. Has he lost a step? During that WS run, he was a defensive dynamo. Him and Cody had a highlight reel every game.

Yeah, he still has the arm, that's it. His elite speed is gone. Now it's just above average speed.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

SF Giants up 8-2 on Mets. I thought it was over. Mets up 11-8 now, wowo

edit, man, 11-11 now. wth??

Wow, get this. Joc Pederson with 3 HRs today, and he just hit a 3 run bomb in the bottom of the 8th to tie it. wowo!

Should we be rooting for the Mets or the Giants? Giants won't catch us, but it's fun to see them suffer.

We're battling the Mets for the best record in the NL and home field advantage. We need them to lose as many as possible while Scherzer and deGrom are still out.

-----------------

12-11 Mets top of the 9th. I can't root for the Giants, just can't...

Joc Pederson RBI single in the 9th. What a game. 3 HR, 8 RBI

12-12 tied.

13-12 Giants. wow
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Joc Ruth got damn!!!!

Yeah better for us with the Mets choking aways games then with mediocre SF pulling game south of their asses
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:55 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Not quite if we are talking about that “prime within the prime” years…The fielding..more speed and with the bat? He was undisputed #1 that 1-2 year span. Yes, better than Trout.

Last edited by Snipes on Wed May 25, 2022 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Joc Ruth got damn!!!!

Yeah better for us with the Mets choking aways games then with mediocre SF pulling game south of their asses

The most (bleep) up part is SF is down 11-8 with TWO OUTS and nobody on. Walk walk homer. Then they’re down 1 with 2 outs again nobody on and single single single single. SF MAGIC IS BACK
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Ever since he lost that 100mph fastball, he hasn't been the same. He's so much more hittable now.

Yeah he can’t be our ace. I think Friedman knows that.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Yeah he can’t be our ace. I think Friedman knows that.

42 K in 52.2ip, wowo that's so low

Whip - 1.23, highest of his career by a wide margin (excluding his rookie year Sep call up).

Yeah, Buehler's getting out of alot of trouble to keep his ERA at 2.91 right now.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers: ESPN Insider Believes Trevor Bauer's Suspension Likely to be Reduced

ESPN's Jeff Passan believes that the most likely outcome from Trevor Bauer's appeal process is his suspension getting reduced.

“It could be reduced, which I think is probably the likeliest scenario because there is precedence. When you look at a suspension as enormous as this one, typically huge suspensions find some kind of reduction. I don’t know if it’s going to be a half-season, I don’t know if it’s going to be a full season. But MLB believes that it has a mountain of evidence against Trevor Bauer.”

If the suspension does get reduced, the Dodgers organization would have some big decisions to make about their future as it pertains to Bauer. LA could elect to cut him, but then would have to eat the remaining value of Bauer's contract. They could let him take the mound, but would then have to brace for what would presumed to be significant public blowback.

https://www.si.com/mlb/dodgers/news/dodgers-espn-insider-believes-trevor-bauers-suspension-likely-to-be-reduced
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Column: Where is Walker Buehler? Dodgers ace is still searching for old self

BY DYLAN HERNÁNDEZ
MAY 18, 2022

Where is Walker Buehler?

Buehler wants to know too.

“This is my eighth start,” Buehler said. “I should be in game shape by now.”

The pitcher of record in a 5-3 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks at Dodger Stadium on Wednesday, Buehler won for the fifth time this season and kept his ERA under 3.00.

The details were problematic, however.

Buehler required 91 pitches to navigate only five innings, as he was charged with two runs, six hits and two walks. The start was his sixth this year in which he pitched less than six innings. Last year, he failed to complete six innings in only four of his 33 starts.

The Dodgers’ No. 1 pitcher hasn’t performed like a No. 1 pitcher.

The two-time All-Star hasn’t looked like an All-Star.

He’s searching.

Specifically, he’s searching for the fastball that made him Walker Buehler, a pitch that has diminished in speed and spin rate.

The gas leak has resulted in him striking out fewer batters, 7.5 per nine innings this year compared to 9.2 last year and 10.3 the year before that.

“I think velocity is one thing and movement’s the other,” Buehler said. “Trying to get it to move a little later, move a little more, go a little faster, is always a thing.”

The average velocity of his fastball has dropped from close to 97 mph two years ago to 95 mph and spin rate from nearly 2,500 revolutions per minute last year to under 2,300.

Which could explain why manager Dave Roberts said before the game that Buehler should rely less on his signature pitch.

“For me, it’s when he decides to pitch and not throw, I think he’s better,” Roberts said. “When you let the bravado get into play and try to bully guys with just fastballs, I think that doesn’t go as well.”

Buehler has compensated by throwing fewer fastballs and more cutters.

Asked if he thought he could still deliver overpowering fastballs, he replied, “I think so. I mean, I threw a couple today that I really liked. I liked the way they came out of my hand.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2022-05-18/column-where-is-walker-buehler-the-pitcher-is-still-searching-for-his-old-self

Yeah, I think the sticky stuff ban caused Buehler to lose his 100mph fastball. It's very coincidental that he started losing velocity last year when MLB sent out a memo at the beginning of the season that they'll be looking closely at sticky stuff use.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

Betts jumped to 5th in WAR now, wow

1. Machado - 3.2
2. Trout - 3.0
3. Tommy Edman (St. Louis 2B) - 2.7
4. Arenado - 2.4
5. Betts - 2.4

22. Freeman - 1.7
54. Will Smith - 1.2
58. Trea Turner - 1.1
63. Bellinger - 1.1
73. Lux - 1.0
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 120 of 434
Jump to: