Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Did anyone mention that we called up Lamb, biting that $2.5MM bullet? His opt-out date was Friday, so I guess the Dodgers decided that he could legit help us. So far, so good.

I thought it was $1.5M?

Quote:
Lamb’s contract calls for a reported $1.5 million seasonal salary while in the majors.

Also, it's prorated.

He got called up on our 64th game, which means he missed the first 63 and he can play a max of 99 games.

So, 99/162 = 61%

So he can make $917k

Good stuff, not too bad, then. We're going to need every penny we can get if we're going to be able to afford Trout.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject:

Bellinger has managed to hit 5 homers in June, something he hasn't done in a month since August 2020. And while he's still a below-average hitter (OPS+ of just 80), his outstanding defensive work has him estimated as being worth 1.1 WAR overall. So he's on a pace of about 2.5 WAR for the season, which is actually useful. Still not worth what he would get in a final year of arbitration next year, so I think he's on a path towards being non-tendered next season, but at least it's not the absolute disaster that it was in 2021.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:30 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Bellinger has managed to hit 5 homers in June, something he hasn't done in a month since August 2020. And while he's still a below-average hitter (OPS+ of just 80), his outstanding defensive work has him estimated as being worth 1.1 WAR overall. So he's on a pace of about 2.5 WAR for the season, which is actually useful. Still not worth what he would get in a final year of arbitration next year, so I think he's on a path towards being non-tendered next season, but at least it's not the absolute disaster that it was in 2021.

Hes just a bad hitter now not the worst hitter in baseball. We got that covered with Muncy. After watching Michael Harris II on the Braves he looks a little more pedestrian. BTW j think that makes Rosario redundant and a trade price.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I think for 2.5 WAR, they'll keep him for his last year for the following reasons:

1) We have no one who can replace him in CF. Betts? Taylor? Lux? Doesn't seem like good options

2) I think he gets $20M next year? He's making $17M this year.

3) We can pick up someone like Lorenzo Cain, who was just released by the Brewers. He can't hit either. How much will he cost? $5M? $10M? Probably better to stick with Bellinger.

4) There's still that chance that he improves. He's improved this year, just not by as much as we'd like. But the talent is still there. I just don't know what's wrong with him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

We play the Padres tonight. Huge game, huge series.

Musgrove vs. Mitch White

I think we're underdogs tonight.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

Through all the injuries and ups and downs, the Dodgers have the best record in the NL.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Through all the injuries and ups and downs, the Dodgers have the best record in the NL.

You're right. I'm still worried about the Mets once deGrom and Scherzer comes back.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

You're right. I'm still worried about the Mets once deGrom and Scherzer comes back.

Yeah if they are healthy.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Cody has all had so many big moments for us - and is such an outstanding defensive player - that I’m completely fine having him be the worst hitter in our lineup. He delivers in the field and, frequently enough, when it matters most.

The problem this year is he is our third worst hitter lol.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cody has all had so many big moments for us - and is such an outstanding defensive player - that I’m completely fine having him be the worst hitter in our lineup. He delivers in the field and, frequently enough, when it matters most.

The problem this year is he is our third worst hitter lol.

And he's making 17 million
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Did anyone mention that we called up Lamb, biting that $2.5MM bullet? His opt-out date was Friday, so I guess the Dodgers decided that he could legit help us. So far, so good.

Lamb was great yesterday - Contributed on his first day with the team.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lamb was great yesterday - Contributed on his first day with the team.

It's mutton time.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

In the midst of the Kevin Durant bombshell, I noticed this pop up on my Twitter, regarding Juan Soto...

Héctor Gómez
@hgomez27
· 19m
SOURCE: Talks are intensifying between the #Nationals and Juan Soto regarding a second offer from the team to the star for a 13-years, $425 million extension, which will increase the initial $350 million offer by $75 million.

@z101digital @ZDeportes
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
In the midst of the Kevin Durant bombshell, I noticed this pop up on my Twitter, regarding Juan Soto...

Héctor Gómez
@hgomez27
· 19m
SOURCE: Talks are intensifying between the #Nationals and Juan Soto regarding a second offer from the team to the star for a 13-years, $425 million extension, which will increase the initial $350 million offer by $75 million.

@z101digital @ZDeportes

I read this as "Talks are intensifying between the #Nationals and Juan Soto regarding a second team" and popped one so hard I almost lost consciousness
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mookie Betts was able to take part in BP, running and playing catch today. Roberts said he’s ahead of what the Dodgers expected, and he could be back by early next week, possibly playing some second base. It’s mostly about pain tolerance.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Freddie Freeman's former agent: Atlanta Braves furthering 'false narrative' on negotiations

Agent Casey Close accused the Atlanta Braves of perpetuating a "false narrative" regarding the departure of first baseman Freddie Freeman from the organization, saying in a statement to ESPN that he "will not stand by" as allegations about his role in Freeman joining the Los Angeles Dodgers continue in the wake of the months-long fallout from the move.

Questions surrounding Close's part in Freeman leaving Atlanta for the Dodgers came to a head Wednesday, when radio host Doug Gottlieb accused Close in a tweet of withholding the Braves' final offer from Freeman. In a previous statement, Close called that "a wholly inaccurate characterization" and said Excel Sports is "evaluating all legal options to address the reckless publication of inaccurate information."

In a follow-up statement Thursday, Close said: "I will not stand by as the circumstances surrounding Freddie Freeman's departure from Atlanta are mischaracterized. Since March, the Braves have fostered a narrative about the negotiations which, stated plainly, is false. Part of that false narrative is the suggestion that I did not communicate a contract offer to the Freemans. To be clear, we communicated every offer that was made, as well as every communication Excel had with the Braves organization throughout the entire process. I have a 30-year reputation in this business for integrity and honesty, and I have always operated with the utmost character. At Excel, we are privileged to represent many exemplary athletes, some of whom have chosen to spend their entire careers with one franchise. We always put the player's goals and best interests first and will always continue to do so."

Negotiations on a contract extension between the Braves and Freeman, who was with the organization from the 2007 draft through their World Series win in 2021, started in earnest last season. After the parties couldn't come to an agreement after the trade deadline, Freeman filed for free agency but did not sign before the Dec. 1 lockout. The disconnect Close describes regards what occurred following the reopening of free agency.

In a phone conversation, Close told ESPN three previous offers -- one toward the beginning of the 2021 season and two in August, the final one for five years and $135 million -- were communicated formally via email. Close said the Braves never made a formal offer for Freeman, 32, during free agency and that the purported final offer -- for five years and $140 million -- was floated March 12 by Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos as a possibility. Close said he relayed the discussions about the potential offer to Freeman but insisted it was not firm.

While the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays had expressed interest in Freeman, discussions had centered on parameters of a potential deal, not offers. Multiple media reports said Close issued an ultimatum to the Braves: They had one hour to accept either a five-year, $165 million deal or six-year, $175 million contract. Close told ESPN: "I never issued an ultimatum to the Braves or put a deadline on the negotiations."

On March 14, two days after the discussions ended, the Braves traded a prospect-laden package to Oakland for All-Star first baseman Matt Olson, whom they soon signed to an eight-year, $168 million contract. On March 17, Freeman agreed to a six-year, $162 million deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Braves have not publicly addressed in detail the Freeman discussions and declined comment when reached by ESPN.

The soap opera continues.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Big game against the second-place Padres, and we put Lux out of position in the outfield, and our starting pitcher gives up two 0-2 basehits in the inning. Just gotta love it!

Oh, and we have Muncy/Turner/Bellinger hitting 4-5-6. Sometimes this team makes me want to throw something at the TV.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and Mookie may come back at 2B initially because "he doesn't want to DH", God forbid, and, guess what, we're also going to put him back in the leadoff spot, says Roberts.

We always have to make things more difficult than they need to be. Pathetic. Genuinely pisses me off, I can't lie.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Freddie Freeman's former agent: Atlanta Braves furthering 'false narrative' on negotiations

Agent Casey Close accused the Atlanta Braves of perpetuating a "false narrative" regarding the departure of first baseman Freddie Freeman from the organization, saying in a statement to ESPN that he "will not stand by" as allegations about his role in Freeman joining the Los Angeles Dodgers continue in the wake of the months-long fallout from the move.

Questions surrounding Close's part in Freeman leaving Atlanta for the Dodgers came to a head Wednesday, when radio host Doug Gottlieb accused Close in a tweet of withholding the Braves' final offer from Freeman. In a previous statement, Close called that "a wholly inaccurate characterization" and said Excel Sports is "evaluating all legal options to address the reckless publication of inaccurate information."

In a follow-up statement Thursday, Close said: "I will not stand by as the circumstances surrounding Freddie Freeman's departure from Atlanta are mischaracterized. Since March, the Braves have fostered a narrative about the negotiations which, stated plainly, is false. Part of that false narrative is the suggestion that I did not communicate a contract offer to the Freemans. To be clear, we communicated every offer that was made, as well as every communication Excel had with the Braves organization throughout the entire process. I have a 30-year reputation in this business for integrity and honesty, and I have always operated with the utmost character. At Excel, we are privileged to represent many exemplary athletes, some of whom have chosen to spend their entire careers with one franchise. We always put the player's goals and best interests first and will always continue to do so."

Negotiations on a contract extension between the Braves and Freeman, who was with the organization from the 2007 draft through their World Series win in 2021, started in earnest last season. After the parties couldn't come to an agreement after the trade deadline, Freeman filed for free agency but did not sign before the Dec. 1 lockout. The disconnect Close describes regards what occurred following the reopening of free agency.

In a phone conversation, Close told ESPN three previous offers -- one toward the beginning of the 2021 season and two in August, the final one for five years and $135 million -- were communicated formally via email. Close said the Braves never made a formal offer for Freeman, 32, during free agency and that the purported final offer -- for five years and $140 million -- was floated March 12 by Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos as a possibility. Close said he relayed the discussions about the potential offer to Freeman but insisted it was not firm.

While the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays had expressed interest in Freeman, discussions had centered on parameters of a potential deal, not offers. Multiple media reports said Close issued an ultimatum to the Braves: They had one hour to accept either a five-year, $165 million deal or six-year, $175 million contract. Close told ESPN: "I never issued an ultimatum to the Braves or put a deadline on the negotiations."

On March 14, two days after the discussions ended, the Braves traded a prospect-laden package to Oakland for All-Star first baseman Matt Olson, whom they soon signed to an eight-year, $168 million contract. On March 17, Freeman agreed to a six-year, $162 million deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Braves have not publicly addressed in detail the Freeman discussions and declined comment when reached by ESPN.

The soap opera continues.

seems like Freeman had a little too much wine when he dined with the Braves... a "possible offer" is a non-offer, something he fired his agent over.

lol.. lost some respect for Freddie over this. his emotions got too him a little bit.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Muncy is most likely out.. beats the throw but pops off the bag with the tag on... a stupid rule.. like a lot of MLB rules

"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Muncy is most likely out..

Even when Muncy hits a ball hard, he still sucks this year. Literally jumps off he bag as he comes out of his slide. Yeah, not good. And before anyone says "that's an unintended consequence of instant replay", look, you have to stay on the base. If you can't stay on the base with your slide, you deserve to be out.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

JT just forgot something there.. he thought there were 2 outs already lol
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Turner with a brain fart voiding the double play
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Mitch White is useful. Our worst starter this year has been Buehler, who would have thought:

Kershaw
Urias
Anderson
Gonsolin
Mitch White
Heaney

Buehler

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Interesting game - good pitching and defense from both teams...Prob a bit of bad offense, as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 167 of 434
Jump to: