Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

for a non-bearing game, that was exciting...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Strange series.

I see TT rounding into his playoff form from last year. Yikes.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Really doubt somebody with the money that Kershaw makes would really have to worry about the school systems. He can put his kids in the best school in LA if he wanted to.

I truly think, for any athlete, it comes down to the comfortability of their spouses. If you think about it, the athlete has to spend just about ALL of their time training so I can imagine Kersh would want his wife to be somewhere where she's comfortable and has friends and family around as opposed to being, mostly, alone in LA.

I think it's more of a compromise for them to all come when school isn't in session and then go back when it is.

Yeah, it's something. But I mean, it seems to be taking a toll on Kershaw. It's basically him having to decide between the Dodgers or his family. So that's why I don't understand the decision. I get trying to make your spouse happy, and your parents and in laws happy. I get all that. But, at what cost?

It seems like being away from his kids is very hard on him. Surely, his wife understands this. So, that's what I can't understand. Do the pros of having his kids live in Dallas outweigh the cons of him being away from his kids and missing all their "firsts" and just being with them.

I can't see it. But obviously, it's worth it for the Kershaws.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Strange series.

I see TT rounding into his playoff form from last year. Yikes.

Yikes. And yes, last 4 games have been strange. We could/should have lost all 4.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Really doubt somebody with the money that Kershaw makes would really have to worry about the school systems. He can put his kids in the best school in LA if he wanted to.

I truly think, for any athlete, it comes down to the comfortability of their spouses. If you think about it, the athlete has to spend just about ALL of their time training so I can imagine Kersh would want his wife to be somewhere where she's comfortable and has friends and family around as opposed to being, mostly, alone in LA.

I think it's more of a compromise for them to all come when school isn't in session and then go back when it is.

Yeah, it's something. But I mean, it seems to be taking a toll on Kershaw. It's basically him having to decide between the Dodgers or his family. So that's why I don't understand the decision. I get trying to make your spouse happy, and your parents and in laws happy. I get all that. But, at what cost?

It seems like being away from his kids is very hard on him. Surely, his wife understands this. So, that's what I can't understand. Do the pros of having his kids live in Dallas outweigh the cons of him being away from his kids and missing all their "firsts" and just being with them.

I can't see it. But obviously, it's worth it for the Kershaws.

I think us regular folk just won’t get it to be honest. Simple solution is stay in LA…go to school in LA..make friends here..etc. Me or you won’t understand why Dallas..especially because he’s wealthy and when you have a lot of money the LA>>>>Texas debate is pretty much over lol.

Also it’s temporary - you’re not going to pitch forever and especially now it’s something that is year to year. Oldest one is in grade 2. Do you know how many kids change cities and schools at that age?

Rich people problems and I don’t want to sound like a jerk - it’s his and Ellen’s life and I’m biased being a Dodger fan.

Just funny how the kids and family are such an excuse. Dallas is so close. They can go to grade 2 in LA it’s not the end of the world - but hey that’s just me.

Honestly after the cluster (bleep) the Rangers just went through there’s no way Kersh is going there. They are SEVERAL pieces away from even making the playoffs let alone contending. At the end of the day Kersh has to negotiate his next contract too so for all we know Ellen dgaf if he stays in LA. Heck maybe she even prefers him out of the way for those few months. I think his agent and he knows his only other hand is signing to be home. He’s not going anywhere else and he needs to squeeze as much as he can. No way he signs another $18mill deal.

Anyways like I said it’s a rich athlete problem. Brady is apparently going through the same drama with his family. Weird. Would be different in my family - if I get to earn top dollar and do what I love every day and compete my wife would move anywhere for me - and vice versa.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

With Heaney on the mound, it’s a good night to place a bet on Pujols belting one
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Finally a game against a team not named dbacks or padres. Was really getting sick of it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

We picked up Hudson's $6.5MM club option for next season, and also added a $6.5MM club option for '24 too. Similar to how we handled Treinen, although Treinen seems iffy for '23 now if he ends up requiring surgery, which the Dodgers apparently wanted him to have months ago.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Tonight's line up against Jose Quintana LHP 5-6 3.16 ERA

1 Betts RF
2 T Turner SS
3 Smith C
4 J Turner DH
5 Muncy 3B
6 Taylor LF
7 Thompson CF
8 Vargas 1B
9 Alberto 2B

Andrew Heaney on the mound
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Kershaw is close to being done I think. He is pretty much year to year, no longer commanding max dollars, no longer the ace of the staff. Besides trying to get a second world series ring, I don't know what other personal goals he is still playing for.

1. Play one last season with the Dodgers, do a league wide retirement tour

2. Retire and pursue business opportunities, to stay home near Dallas

3. Go to the Rangers if offered more money, punch the clock and cash the checks for 1-2 more seasons. If the Rangers offered him 2 years $25-30 million a season guaranteed, I think he would take it.

My guess is that is his preferences too, in that order.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Kershaw is close to being done I think. He is pretty much year to year, no longer commanding max dollars, no longer the ace of the staff. Besides trying to get a second world series ring, I don't know what other personal goals he is still playing for.

3. Go to the Rangers if offered more money, punch the clock and cash the checks for 1-2 more seasons. If the Rangers offered him 2 years $25-30 million a season guaranteed, I think he would take it.

Close to done? He has a 2.39 ERA, a 2.50 FIP, an incredible .933 WHIP, is still averaging over a strikeout per inning, and he's still only walking 1.6 batters per 9 innings. We know he isn't going to be a workhorse ever again with the back issues, but he's still been very effective.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Close to done? He has a 2.39 ERA, a 2.50 FIP, an incredible .933 WHIP, is still averaging over a strikeout per inning, and he's still only walking 1.6 batters per 9 innings. We know he isn't going to be a workhorse ever again with the back issues, but he's still been very effective.

Yeah, only thing I can think of is he meant Kershaw's close to calling it quits.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Yeah, only thing I can think of is he meant Kershaw's close to calling it quits.

Oh yeah, I suppose it could have been that simple. I went to the other place of done as in, not good anymore. My apologies to waterman40.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
#Dodgers Dave Roberts confirmed the obvious /inevitable — Craig Kimbrel won’t be closing games any more. Will look for other roles to use him in for rest of regular season. Wouldn’t speak to postseason
4:27 PM · Sep 23, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
#Dodgers Dave Roberts confirmed the obvious /inevitable — Craig Kimbrel won’t be closing games any more. Will look for other roles to use him in for rest of regular season. Wouldn’t speak to postseason
·Twitter for iPhone

Yeah it was only a matter of time. Kimbrel was walking on thin ice.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

Honestly, I didn't think this day would come. What's this game 151 tonight?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

Yes it is. I still hope he makes the post season roster though. I think he'll be okay in the middle relief.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

Yes it is. I still hope he makes the post season roster though. I think he'll be okay in the middle relief.

I'd have to see who gets cut.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

If his velo is going to stay in the 94-95 range, what little confidence I would have had in him is gone, so why even carry him as a middle reliever?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

If his velo is going to stay in the 94-95 range, what little confidence I would have had in him is gone, so why even carry him as a middle reliever?

Yeah, especially since the excuse for him struggling last season with the White Sox was that he only does well as a closer in pressure situations.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well looky here...

Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr
·Twitter for iPhone

Yeah, especially since the excuse for him struggling last season with the White Sox was that he only does well as a closer in pressure situations.

Well since you guys put it that way I change my mind. lol
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Miss Freddie already
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Miss Freddie already

Let's just continue to play Vargas out of position! It's like a blind spot for this organization.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I’ll cheer for that 699
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Heaney had to walk a batter before that 699. Damn.

Still great seeing that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 312 of 434
Jump to: