Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Will he hit #700 at Dodger Stadium?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Will he hit #700 at Dodger Stadium?

yes
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Immortality
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow he did it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow he did it.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Well that was nice. Lol
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Ok Dodgers let’s put some runs on the board
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Ok Dodgers let’s put some runs on the board

Now that Albert had his celebration lets win this game.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

can we pull our starters
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Bickford …. home run machine
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Guess they just showed up tonight to watch Pujols get 700.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I knew our pitchers were going to do "Tio" a solid and pitch him some cookies.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Man, our 4th starter in the playoffs might be a bullpen game now.

Gonsolin - nope
Heaney - nope
May - nope

Bullpen game it is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

2 more errors today plus another HBP. Boy we've been playing badly since that double header vs. Arizona.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:

middle middle meatballs... props to Pujols... still what a feat.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

middle middle meatballs... props to Pujols... still what a feat.

Looks like we're trying to give more players a head start on 700
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
2 more errors today plus another HBP. Boy we've been playing badly since that double header vs. Arizona.

its flat out embarrassing right now. Not just today but like you said since the double header. I know we are locked in pretty much for the best record but still there's no excuse for the way this team is performing right now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Let's just hope tonight's game was an aberration, not a good look going into the postseason losing by such a big margin.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers organization and the fanbase are very classy. Everyone including Dodgers fans were up on their feet giving standing O to Pujols. Even made the lights flicker with background music and showed Pujols on the big screen. They even let them celebrate for some time.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Dodgers organization and the fanbase are very classy. Everyone including Dodgers fans were up on their feet giving standing O to Pujols. Even made the lights flicker with background music and showed Pujols on the big screen. They even let them celebrate for some time.

Not often you go to a baseball game and end up seeing a rare moment of history. Every fan in attendance will remember this game. It also helps that he was a Dodger last year and credited us for rekindling his love for the game. So lots of Dodger fans are glad that he got 700 in LA even though it was against us.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Not often you go to a baseball game and end up seeing a rare moment of history. Every fan in attendance will remember this game. It also helps that he was a Dodger last year and credited us for rekindling his love for the game. So lots of Dodger fans are glad that he got 700 in LA even though it was against us.

Very well said.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject:

I told my husband about Pujols hitting the #700 milestone, and his limited knowledge of him is just what he knows about his Angels career, basically that he really slowed down in the last few years with the Angels and that he was also hurt quite a bit during those years. Anyway, he said "what have the pitchers been doing all year, throwing him easy pitches because they feel sorry for him? He's like 60 years old!"

In all seriousness, he's a legend, and this is quite a swan song. The dude is slugging .764 against left-handed pitching this season, with an 1.168 OPS!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

I feel a bit guilty, but I was kinda happy to hear this news, seeing as how we've been hit so hard by injuries these last 2 years. But then, it's not right to wish injury on another player.

Quote:
The Atlanta Braves have placed right-hander Spencer Strider on the 15-day injured list with a strained left oblique muscle.

The move is retroactive to Sept. 21 and Strider has not pitched since last Sunday. After that 5-2 win over the Philadelphia Phillies, Strider told the team he didn't feel right. The Braves said Tuesday they would push back Strider's next start in the hopes of avoiding a trip to the IL.

Strider has been excellent in his first full season with Atlanta, going 11-5 with a 2.67 ERA and 202 strikeouts in 31 appearances (20 starts). He has recorded 10 or more strikeouts in a game six times this season, including twice this month -- striking out 16 against the Colorado Rockies on Sept. 1, and 10 in his most recent start Sunday against the Phillies.

Strider broke the record for fastest to 200 strikeouts in a single season, doing so in 130 innings, two-thirds of an inning quicker than Hall of Famer Randy Johnson in 2001.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I feel a bit guilty, but I was kinda happy to hear this news, seeing as how we've been hit so hard by injuries these last 2 years. But then, it's not right to wish injury on another player.

Quote:
The Atlanta Braves have placed right-hander Spencer Strider on the 15-day injured list with a strained left oblique muscle.

The move is retroactive to Sept. 21 and Strider has not pitched since last Sunday. After that 5-2 win over the Philadelphia Phillies, Strider told the team he didn't feel right. The Braves said Tuesday they would push back Strider's next start in the hopes of avoiding a trip to the IL.

Strider has been excellent in his first full season with Atlanta, going 11-5 with a 2.67 ERA and 202 strikeouts in 31 appearances (20 starts). He has recorded 10 or more strikeouts in a game six times this season, including twice this month -- striking out 16 against the Colorado Rockies on Sept. 1, and 10 in his most recent start Sunday against the Phillies.

Strider broke the record for fastest to 200 strikeouts in a single season, doing so in 130 innings, two-thirds of an inning quicker than Hall of Famer Randy Johnson in 2001.

I admit this type of news does make me a bit happy inside but we're not wishing an injury on a player that is fine. That would be bad.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

Good news on Gonsolin:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Dodgers are running short on time to get pitchers healthy, but Tony Gonsolin and David Price both took a step toward returning by participating in a simulated game at Dodger Stadium on Thursday.

They faced the quartet of Hanser Alberto, Gavin Lux, Chris Taylor and Miguel Vargas, with Gonsolin doing the most throwing at an estimated 30 pitches over two innings. He has been on the 15-day injured list with a right forearm strain since Aug. 29.

“Encouraging,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts described the exercise for Gonsolin. “It was the first up-down he’s had in quite some time. Just watching him, I thought the stuff look good, I thought the arm speed was good. He used his entire pitch mix, which was great.”

In addition to Gonsolin throwing the most he’s had since suffering the forearm strain, he did so at full intensity in what was a change from recent bullpen sessions.

“I didn’t see any guarding. I was specifically looking for that second inning to see if there was some pullback or some guarding,” Roberts said.

“I didn’t see the radar gun, but just my eyes were telling me that it was a really good effort considering the environment.”

Next for Gonsolin, assuming he doesn’t experience any setback, is a bullpen session in the coming days and another opportunity to face batters. The hope would be for Gonsolin to stretch to three innings of work.

Roberts reiterated the Dodgers aren’t yet certain what role Gonsolin will have come the postseason due to not being fully stretched out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 313 of 434
Jump to: