Carmelo Anthony vs Kuzma
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have right now, independent of salary?
Carmelo
58%
 58%  [ 20 ]
Kuzma
41%
 41%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 34

Bravefellow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

So, when the 3ball… heck all balls aren’t dropping, do you like having D to fall back on?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I voted for Carmelo but this poll isn’t fair, Carmelo Anthony would have owned Kuzma in his prime the only thing Kuzma has right now is more bounce to his step due to being younger.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Kuzma is younger and more diverse in his skill set.

Melo is a great guy who is on more of a shoot streak. Not sure if he can sustain his 3 point shooting percentage. Without his 3 point shooting, other than a bit of rebounding, there's not much more he offers. And again, we don't know how long the 3 point shooting streak will last.

Kuz doesn't do any one thing great, but he does a lot of little things good.

I don't like to quote myself, but I was right in my assessment. Melo is/was simply on a hot streak. It wasn't as if he was shooting in a way that was a normal part of his offensive attack. Melo was just in one helluva streak. Sadly, all streaks come to an end.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
troy wrote:
Kuzma is younger and more diverse in his skill set.

Melo is a great guy who is on more of a shoot streak. Not sure if he can sustain his 3 point shooting percentage. Without his 3 point shooting, other than a bit of rebounding, there's not much more he offers. And again, we don't know how long the 3 point shooting streak will last.

Kuz doesn't do any one thing great, but he does a lot of little things good.

I don't like to quote myself, but I was right in my assessment. Melo is/was simply on a hot streak. It wasn't as if he was shooting in a way that was a normal part of his offensive attack. Melo was just in one helluva streak. Sadly, all streaks come to an end.

Well if you were right about that, then tonights performance was also way below average. He missed some wide open ones and kept missing all game

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

No way Kuz would be motivated to play here. He checked out 2 months before last season ended, and the fanbase turned on him. Social media really ruined the kid. I do miss 2017-2018 Kuz though. Dude had fire and played his heart out.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
No way Kuz would be motivated to play here. He checked out 2 months before last season ended, and the fanbase turned on him. Social media really ruined the kid. I do miss 2017-2018 Kuz though. Dude had fire and played his heart out.

Kuz is ballin in DC.

Getting away from this toxic fan base was exactly what he needed.

Also helps that coaching staff clearly believes in him & have made him big part of what they're doing.

First in the East.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Kuz is ballin in DC.

Getting away from this toxic fan base was exactly what he needed.

Also helps that coaching staff clearly believes in him & have made him big part of what they're doing.

First in the East.

Yup. Young players and LA do not mix at all. I was always a BI and Zo guy, but I predicted Kuz would thrive on a team that gave him more flexibility on offense (see his 2017-2018 numbers). Lebron-ball is great for players like JR Smith, but Kuz is way too skilled to be standing in the corner all night. The frustration in his body language was evident last season, and some of the blame goes to Vogel for not utilizing him better.

In terms of LA not being able to develop young talent, you are spot on about the toxic fanbase, but I'd also like to add that other squads have more well-rounded player development units.

It was different when Bynum was here, because he had the benefit of twitter not being a mainstream thing. KAJ was also instrumental to his success.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

So Kuz is averaging 15ppg on .433 shooting. That is in line with his career averages of 15.2/.447. Only difference this year is his rebounding is up, which we saw glimpses last year. I am not sure that is "balling" as some have said. Unfortunately the Kuz/Melo comparison has no merit. The options were trade for Westbrook or trade for Hield. Kuz was gone either way. I didn't love either trade, preferred the Hield trade. Personally I would have preferred a S&T with Dennis. Team opted for LBJ protection. Knowing they managed to sign Nunn & Monk + Dwight, you could have rolled it out again with that team adding those three guys and been better. Add in Melo perhaps on top.

The reality is if LBJ isn't healthy doesn't matter. Further you don't know what this roster is until he is either.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Kuz being the younger guy has more upside and better defense than current Melo but Melo fits his role with this team better since he can catch and shoot (I think he'll be around 40% three pointers this year, align with his recent seasons) and Melo showing some fight on defense too, I'm good with Melo as 6th man of our team instead of Kuz
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

Curious to see where people stand on this now that we are at the half way point in the season. Some people dont want Melo to be playing more than 10 minutes now.

Melos 3 ball from earlier in the season has dropped from his ridiculous 55% shooting down to 38%. Kuzma shot 36% with us last season, although hes shooting around 32% from 3 this year

Melos stats: ------------- 13pts/43%fg/38%3pt/4.2r/1a in 27 minutes
Kuz stats (with lakers) - 13pts/44%fg/36%3pt/6.1r/2a in 28 minutes
Kuz stats (with wizards) 16pts/45%fg/32%3pt/9.0r/3a in 33 minutes

Kuz got a lot of (bleep) for his playoffs performance against the Suns but he was a versatile player and a good defender for us.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject:

Neither. At the end the day, kuzma couldn’t perform consistently on this team especially during the playoffs. He has a better role in Washington.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kuz being the younger guy has more upside and better defense than current Melo but Melo fits his role with this team better since he can catch and shoot (I think he'll be around 40% three pointers this year, align with his recent seasons) and Melo showing some fight on defense too, I'm good with Melo as 6th man of our team instead of Kuz

Still good with Melo as our sniper off the bench but I've accepted that his defense is not good and will be hunted
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject:

Kuz had motivation issues and was never going to stay here long term, especially with all of Lakers twitter wanting him traded. Dude checked out mentally and physically 2 months before the season ended. He's living proof that players need to get off of social media. It's not even the least bit surprising he's thriving in DC.

At least Melo wants to play here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: