ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
This team sucks!!
The coaching staff sucks!!

I love the Lakers and I am not loving this at all...
We are bottom feeders in the biggest nba…
Team just whines after every call…
No one communicates…defense is horrible…
3rd quarter lapses are killing us..

Players body language is bad…
Chemistry is horrible…

Thats what happens when you do a major overhaul letting go off all the perimeter defense we had for i cant even comprehend what the (bleep) was going through Pelinkas mind when he made those trades

Blackmail or some (bleep)
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
By the way this started 2 seasons ago

Dismantling a team of defensive team oriented players for selfish chuckers. You asked for it LG. Now drink it in.

Check the thread I made last season... “Why did the Lakers break up a championship team”... it was a bad decision and it’s gonna haunt us most likely.

Oh just stop the nonsense. You were all over the LG praising Rob for bringing DS and Trez. even this year, you were jumping with joy after WB trade...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Lets trade away our d, play at a higher pace, and bring in a guy who cant reliably shoot jumpers. Formula for success right there. Our 30+ year old legs will outgun them youngens!
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:
bertrome wrote:
If they can't win on Sunday, it's looking like an 0-5 trip.

Warriors just beat Detroit with Wise, Klay, Dray, Otto, Iggy, and Steph out today.

SURELY we have a chance...

If we beat Detroit it's just a patch up job. They're going to feel good for about a day and come out with no sense of urgency next game and we're back to being crappy.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:

Dismantling a team of defensive team oriented players for selfish chuckers. You asked for it LG. Now drink it in.

Check the thread I made last season... “Why did the Lakers break up a championship team”... it was a bad decision and it’s gonna haunt us most likely.

Lebron and AD are not as good, so championship or not, it wouldn’t matter

Not enough in season rest for Bron and AD; like the championship year?

Possibly. Lebron went off a cliff since the ankle injury, maybe he will get back to attacking the rim. AD basically fell in love with his jumpers even more since the championship and his defense is way too aggressive for this team.

LeBron will not be attacking the rim consistently throughout the season. It’s harder for him to get there and he leaves himself open for injury. Which is why he stays on the perimeter much more. AD is in his prime and should be carrying this team in the regular season. He has young legs.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bazemore - 5 points
Ellington - 0 points
Bradley - 6 points
THT - 2 points
Monk - 9 points
Rondo - 0 points

All sucked today!!!

Last edited by anth2000 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Looking at everything it seems like this team is beyond fixing. Collective basketball IQ is too low and effort is abysmal. I am genuinely thinking they might lose to the Pistons.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

AD started great. His laziness in the second half, especially the 3rd quarter is a main reason this happened. He hustled in the first, but there were multiple time in the 3rd when he was the last man down the court on offense and defense and several time that he made no effort to rebound.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1. Wouldn't it be nice to see that kind of ball movement from the Lakers?

2. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Lebron has gotten awfully quick to settle for a three. I don't just mean tonight, either. He makes a decent percentage, for sure, but I think most defenses would rather see him shoot threes than drive to the rim. I hope this isn't a sign that age is catching up with him.

LBJ is a shell of himself, No longer do we see that bullet entry in thge lane where he finishes STRONG.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

youcantguardme wrote:
AD started great. His laziness in the second half, especially the 3rd quarter is a main reason this happened. He hustled in the first, but there were multiple time in the 3rd when he was the last man down the court on offense and defense and several time that he made no effort to rebound.

Davis is the least of the problems….
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:

Possibly. Lebron went off a cliff since the ankle injury, maybe he will get back to attacking the rim. AD basically fell in love with his jumpers even more since the championship and his defense is way too aggressive for this team.

Again... AD taking too many jumpers is a myth. A career high of his attempts are at the rim.

It's just that the frequency of his jumpers coincides with the point the Lakers are losing (the second half), thus drawing ire. But by the second half (and even by the second quarter) he's consistently facing doubles.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

D fish may as well be an LG poster he is parroting our loss of identity comments
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

[quote="JerryWest_44"]
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
1. Wouldn't it be nice to see that kind of ball movement from the Lakers?

2. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Lebron has gotten awfully quick to settle for a three. I don't just mean tonight, either. He makes a decent percentage, for sure, but I think most defenses would rather see him shoot threes than drive to the rim. I hope this isn't a sign that age is catching up with him.

LBJ is a shell of himself. No longer do we see that bullet entry in the lane where he finishes STRONG.

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:

that team had great chemistry you don’t break that up, Danny Green and JaVale McGee should be more appreciated by Laker fans because they bought that winning passion.

I am not going to even waste my time arguing with you about how DG and McGee would made a difference last season or this season. Chemistry or not, you can’t contend when your super stars dropped off.
Just look at how Trezz and DS played this season, and that would tell you we made the right moves, but they just didn’t fit. Same can be said for Westbrook. Whether it is pelinka or lebron, I could care less.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
TDRock wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Warriors just beat Detroit with Wise, Klay, Dray, Otto, Iggy, and Steph out today.

If we beat Detroit it's just a patch up job. They're going to feel good for about a day and come out with no sense of urgency next game and we're back to being crappy.

Golden State is a very good team. We are only a group of guys wearing the same uniform
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I wish Vogel would punch AD in the chest to man up like Phil Jackson did to Pau Gasol....Then again, AD would probably get injured and miss a month....
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

LBJ is a shell of his former self
AD plays outside and is never aggressive inside
RW just does not FIT
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
TDRock wrote:
bertrome wrote:

Golden State is a very good team. We are only a group of guys wearing the same uniform

I fear you are correct Fam

Hopefully we're A Team by mid season
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
defense wrote:

This is true

Stop bring up the team from 2 years ago, majority of them are still here, they just didn’t age well. Can’t we all agree lebron and AD were just that much better that season?

KCP-Caruso-Kuz aren't here and WB and a bunch of selfish chucking no defense having players are here instead. Lebron looked good last season before the injury. Im not going to judge him based of off his first game back from an injury.

But really it doesn't matter. We won win crap with this core.

AD is the one chunking with them. The other team was just praying for us to take the jump shot.

Dude are other teams idiots to let AD attack paint all game? he scored 31 points . what the hell are you complaining about
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:

LeBron will not be attacking the rim consistently throughout the season. It’s harder for him to get there and he leaves himself open for injury. Which is why he stays on the perimeter much more. AD is in his prime and should be carrying this team in the regular season. He has young legs.

But plays like he is traumatized from being injured. He should be dominating downlow and statistic show that he is the most effective closer to the rim. Hell even the eye test, but he plays soft as hell and floats around the perimeter, taking fade away jump shots.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

AD “we can be an elite defensive team”

Yep- after you make some trades!
Zillethai
Star Player
Star Player

I can't stand WB sprinting up court and backing down his man, while the rest of his teammates haven't even made it past halfcourt yet. How is anyone supposed to get a rebound if he misses?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

DrDent wrote:
AD “we can be an elite defensive team”

Yep- after you make some trades!

I had to mute him rn

Not in the mood for excuses
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TMG wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
defense wrote:

This is true

Stop bring up the team from 2 years ago, majority of them are still here, they just didn’t age well. Can’t we all agree lebron and AD were just that much better that season?

KCP-Caruso-Kuz aren't here and WB and a bunch of selfish chucking no defense having players are here instead. Lebron looked good last season before the injury. Im not going to judge him based of off his first game back from an injury.

But really it doesn't matter. We won win crap with this core.

AD is the one chunking with them. The other team was just praying for us to take the jump shot.

Dude are other teams idiots to let AD attack paint all game? he scored 31 points . what the hell are you complaining about

not an effective 31 points, that changes the dynamics of the game. It was more so empty. I didn't even know he scored that many points. He was more so the most effective in the 1st quarter.

Last edited by Outspoken on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:

that team had great chemistry you don’t break that up, Danny Green and JaVale McGee should be more appreciated by Laker fans because they bought that winning passion.

I am not going to even waste my time arguing with you about how DG and McGee would made a difference last season or this season. Chemistry or not, you can’t contend when your super stars dropped off.
Just look at how Trezz and DS played this season, and that would tell you we made the right moves, but they just didn’t fit. Same can be said for Westbrook. Whether it is pelinka or lebron, I could care less.

how do you call DS and TREZ right moves when they don't fit?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27
Jump to: