Vogel will pay the price for Pelinka's lack of vision
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Some of the blogger types like Pincus seem to think that Fizdale could take over as interim head coach

Source/link to Emplay saying this?

Fizdale is a disaster.

Pelinka didn't learn a damn thing in two years. He went after the shiny object (Montrezl) instead of sticking with Howard (and then had to trade Javale) to get another mistake (Marc).

Then... the following year... not to have learned but to actually outdo his "head in the sand" philosophy.... he snagged big name Westbrook, instead of Buddy, and let Caruso, KCP, etc... go or didn't do enough to convince Jeannie to keep them... or didn't fine defensive talent to replace them.

If the Lakers had a top 5 defense, they would be in first place in the West. The problem isn't scoring, its throwing away all your defensive players (Caruso, Bradley, Green, Morris, KCP, etc.) and replacing them with offensive players who give you nothing on the defensive end (Monk, Ellington, Anthony, etc.).

If that is the philosophy Pelinka is going to stick with... he needs to be replaced.

Vogel has proven he can win with a roster that fits, bring defensive talent, etc... and while he (like most good coaches) is not perfect...80% of the blame goes to the FO.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

It was Dwight's decision to go to Philly. We could have had him AND Montrezl. Put that on Dwight.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
This does not fall on Vogel.

This is on Pelinka.

He chose the players for this team and need to bear the blame.

If Vogel is fired Pelinka definitely should be too. Who is available to take over his role?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if there's more to this.

Maybe Vogel isn't standing for anymore of Rob and Jeanie's BS. Maybe Vogel resents the position they put him in by fk'ing up the team, or maybe he resents Klutch's influence. Maybe he's tired of not being in the loop. Maybe he and Rob had it out recently, and now Rob's leaking this game to game stuff to intimidate him.

I don't put nothing passed Rob Pelinka. Whether you like Magic Johnson or not, we all know Pelinka was able to scheme his way into breaking up Magic's and Jeanie Buss's decades long friendship, and causing Magic to resign, almost in tears. I think Rob is a snake and Vogel is sick of it. If Vogel goes, then it may be a blessing in disguise for him.

Magic quit live on air. Magic, by all accounts didn't want to work. magic and jeanie are still friends. Magic seems like a snake. Going on live TV the day after he quit slandering rob.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
laker4life wrote:

This is on Pelinka.

If Vogel is fired Pelinka definitely should be too. Who is available to take over his role?

Linda Rambis.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

2x post.

Last edited by joeblow on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:
laker4life wrote:

This is on Pelinka.

Linda Rambis.

Sources: 'No current plans' to replace Frank Vogel, but Kurt Rambis makes voice heard

It might be her husband.

"Rambis then attended the Lakers’ pregame coaches meeting Monday at Crypto.com Arena for the first time this season, after previously only attending meetings virtually. Rambis advocated for the Lakers to use larger lineups with Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan, according to people with knowledge of the situation."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sources-no-current-plans-replace-013836990.html

This would be a disaster!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Fizdale is a hobo and has been proven a loser when entrusted to be the head coach in NY, MEM, or in LA...Vogel leaps and bounds better than what is available out there.
Pray tell, basketball savants: who is a better coach that isn't already coaching?
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

Pelinka is the problem not Vogel.

Pelinka keeps overhauling the roster every year.
He is a terrible GM.

But Vogel will probably pay the price for Pelinka mistakes
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Pelinka is the problem not Vogel.

Pelinka keeps overhauling the roster every year.
He is a terrible GM.

But Vogel will probably pay the price for Pelinka mistakes

There's blame to go all around really, but I think Vogel is at the bottom of the list of who to blame.

Jeannie - claiming not to interfere with basketball operations, but then having Kurt Rambis installed to be a member of the front office and also interfere with coaching decision making. Also, unwilling to spend more (I can't totally blame her for this, but it's definitely her call).

Pelinka - the ridiculous turnover year over year. Also being essentially a yes man to Klutch and Lebron.

Klutch/Lebron - taking the passive approach of "I'm just a player and going to lead my team the best I can" while really working to get the coaches and players he wants through the influence he/Klutch have in the game now.

Vogel - playing some horrible lineups game over game, particularly in some his small ball and clutch time lineups, and making poor adjustments in game. I imagine a lot has to do with contractual/veteran obligations, but a strong coach would have been able to fight against that or just ignore it altogether.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

Maybe Vogel isn't standing for anymore of Rob and Jeanie's BS. Maybe Vogel resents the position they put him in by fk'ing up the team, or maybe he resents Klutch's influence. Maybe he's tired of not being in the loop. Maybe he and Rob had it out recently, and now Rob's leaking this game to game stuff to intimidate him.

I don't put nothing passed Rob Pelinka. Whether you like Magic Johnson or not, we all know Pelinka was able to scheme his way into breaking up Magic's and Jeanie Buss's decades long friendship, and causing Magic to resign, almost in tears. I think Rob is a snake and Vogel is sick of it. If Vogel goes, then it may be a blessing in disguise for him.

Magic quit live on air. Magic, by all accounts didn't want to work. magic and jeanie are still friends. Magic seems like a snake. Going on live TV the day after he quit slandering rob.

I have to disagree. We don't know what Magic's work day was like except for what Rob "Game of Thrones" Pelinka has said, and there's no way I'm going by what that dude says. Say what you want about Magic; he does love the Lakers as true fans do. Pelinka just loves himself.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

I have to disagree. We don't know what Magic's work day was like except for what Rob "Game of Thrones" Pelinka has said, and there's no way I'm going by what that dude says. Say what you want about Magic; he does love the Lakers as true fans do. Pelinka just loves himself.

Facts are he quit live on air before telling his boss, then went on live TV and went nuclear on Rob. The organization stood behind one of them. Rob saying magic never showed up, or never did anything was never refuted. Does that mean its true? no but its certainly more believable than not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: