Lakers sign Darren Collison and Stanley Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point….

LOL
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

IT CAN’T HURT!!!
HC: Riley
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Can’t wait for that IT/Collisson/Rondo/Westbrook/Johnson line-up…
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

If Collinson ends up making a difference it will be more easier throwing Rondo in trade scenarios, Collison is more then capable of handling the back up PG duties.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point….

Too funny if not too true
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pelinka has no idea what he is doing

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Soft spot for dc. I ain’t mad at it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Is there a rule that all Laker signings have to be over 32, washouts or rookies? How in the hell would either of these guys help? Jemarrio Jones has a better chance of helping than Stanley Johnson

The worst "rule" to me is how we refuse to bring on someone that is the size of a traditional SF or PF.

Stanley Johnson

Pretty much. Lets hope Fitzdale plays him. I actually wanna see him in action as a laker, to see if he could be valuable.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Let's hope IT doesn't play tomorrow. lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
MJST wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Is there a rule that all Laker signings have to be over 32, washouts or rookies? How in the hell would either of these guys help? Jemarrio Jones has a better chance of helping than Stanley Johnson

The worst "rule" to me is how we refuse to bring on someone that is the size of a traditional SF or PF.

Stanley Johnson

Pretty much. Lets hope Fitzdale plays him. I actually wanna see him in action as a laker, to see if he could be valuable.

He's the kind of player Fizdale loves so we'll see.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

1) I liked Stanley Johnson back in 2015. I still remember him saying he was the best player in the draft. Crazy how time flies. If he does stay on the floor, it will be because of his defense. That has to be his calling card. Low risk, high reward move and he's 24 years old.

2) Collison is a good vet presence, but we kinda have that with Rondo. He's a good PnR player from what I remember, so who knows... he may stick around. He's only a few inches taller than IT, so there's that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Stanley Johnson was a South Bay Laker before he signed a 10 day contract with the Bulls. Unfortunately he tested positive for COVID and never contributed.

Maybe he can make an impression here; if not, hopefully he goes back to South Bay. Good luck to him and DC.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
MJST wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:

Stanley Johnson

6'6" is SG size. Kobe was 6'6", as was Jordan. Most small forwards including Lebron, Bird, Dr. J, Durant, and Pippen were taller than that.

Last edited by joeblow on Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
1) I liked Stanley Johnson back in 2015. I still remember him saying he was the best player in the draft. Crazy how time flies. If he does stay on the floor, it will be because of his defense. That has to be his calling card. Low risk, high reward move and he's 24 years old.

2) Collison is a good vet presence, but we kinda have that with Rondo. He's a good PnR player from what I remember, so who knows... he may stick around. He's only a few inches taller than IT, so there's that.

One thing about Collison when he played was he was scrappy and can actually shoot unlike Rondo... But I'm not getting my hopes up since he has not played in in 2-3 years.

Stanley Johnson had a potential when drafted looking like he was on the rise with Detriot. But he just seems to not able to put it together for some reason. Very inefficient guy but a dog on the defensive end.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

One thing about Collison when he played was he was crappy and can actually shoot unlike Rondo... But I'm not getting my hopes up since he has not played in in 2-3 years.

Stanley Johnson had a potential when drafted looking like he was on the rise with Detriot. But he just seems to not able to put it together for some reason.

Very inefficient guy but a dog on the defensive end.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

One thing about Collison when he played was he was crappy and can actually shoot unlike Rondo... But I'm not getting my hopes up since he has not played in in 2-3 years.

Stanley Johnson had a potential when drafted looking like he was on the rise with Detriot. But he just seems to not able to put it together for some reason.

I welcome anyone who can hit a shot and play some defense
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

My goodness. This can ACTUALLY happen.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

At this point I only care about defense. Offense be damned. We have LeBron who will figure that out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

At this point I only care about defense. Offense be damned. We have LeBron who will figure that out.

Hasn't the last few games of LeBron showed you that LeBron just "figuring out" offense, without an actual offense flowing doesn't do anything for us?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah but if he proves he can still play close to what he used to, it'd make Nunn highly expendable in. a trade for a guy like Justin Holiday or potentially a Cam Reddish if picks were involved.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Hasn't the last few games of LeBron showed you that LeBron just "figuring out" offense, without an actual offense flowing doesn't do anything for us?

I really don’t think offense is the issue. The Spurs scored over 30 points in every quarter last night. That’s just a microcosm of this season. Our offensive system is not the best and I acknowledge that. And I also acknowledge that we don’t have a full squad out there, but we should still be able to handle the Spurs. But again, not worried about that as long as the defense is there. Remember, in 2020 our offense was very much stagnant at times with everyone standing around. AD’s dominance overshadowed that Achilles heel that season.

I’m depending on LeBron and AD to figure that out again offensively. They did it last postseason too until AD got hurt.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Collinson ends up making a difference it will be more easier throwing Rondo in trade scenarios, Collison is more then capable of handling the back up PG duties.

It's easy throwing Rondo into trade scenarios right now. The hard thing is getting another team to think that receiving Rondo in a trade scenario is somehow a positive for them
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It's easy throwing Rondo into trade scenarios right now. The hard thing is getting another team to think that receiving Rondo in a trade scenario is somehow a positive for them

he was valuable with his experience and leadership when the Clippers made there run at the WCF.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The thing with the Lakers right now is that they NEED someone who can make a difference off the bench.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

At least these two ten days make sense, unlike the random IT pickup. THT has been terrible, Rondo has been a (bleep) flaming hardcore disaster basically every game he’s played in except one or two, and every other guard is out with injury or Covid right now. DC, if he has even a drop of ability left, is worth a ten day to try him out. And Johnson, while he really sucks at anything to do on offense, at least is a wing who has the potential to play some defense, which we desperately needed after Rob decided to go hard on small guards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: