Soap Operas

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you watch Soap Operas?
YES-MAN
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
YES-WOMAN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NO-MAN
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
NO-WOMAN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60318
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Soap Operas

Do any in the forum watch Soap Operas?

I watch The Young & The Restless. Hooked since 1990. No one knows who you are, be honest.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 25780
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Soap Operas

jodeke wrote:
Do any in the forum watch Soap Operas?

I watch The Young & The Restless. Hooked since 1990. No one knows who you are, be honest.


Ha, I no longer watch anything in this direction. However, my ex was like you, he loved Y&R and watched it daily, so when we were together I would see bits and pieces of it and kind of knew what was happening. And when I was growing up, I saw Days Of Our Lives quite a bit because that was my mom's show she's watched literally every day of her adult life.

Are Victor and Jack still the arch-enemies on Y&R? Inquiring minds want to know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60318
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Soap Operas

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Do any in the forum watch Soap Operas?

I watch The Young & The Restless. Hooked since 1990. No one knows who you are, be honest.


Ha, I no longer watch anything in this direction. However, my ex was like you, he loved Y&R and watched it daily, so when we were together I would see bits and pieces of it and kind of knew what was happening. And when I was growing up, I saw Days Of Our Lives quite a bit because that was my mom's show she's watched literally every day of her adult life.

Are Victor and Jack still the arch-enemies on Y&R? Inquiring minds want to know.


Not so much arch but still at odds. Victor and Jack will always be arch enemies.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 24015

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I grew up on soap operas and then took a break from not watching any of them and now I'm watching them again.

Not as good as they used to be but its nice to watch something familiar and in a weird way I feel close to my mom watching it because she's the one who introduced me to soaps in the first place and she's long gone now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 12930

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

My sister and I watched some soaps when we came to the United States as a way to learn English. It was effective. The characters spoke slowly and nothing was complicated.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 25780
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

My mom was delighted to tell me a week or two ago that Marlena is possessed again on Days Of Our Lives. The key word there is again. I actually remember that storyline from the 90's where she was first possessed. Gotta love soaps!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 May 2001
Posts: 5934

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I watch a couple British soaps.. Coronation Street and Eastenders...

I enjoy them because they're a bit more down to earth than american ones..

They have characters that are more working class and deal with more grounded problems and situations.. still like all soaps it seems most everyone doesn't know how to tell the truth and it leads to a lot of melodrama..but it can be mildly entertaining... especially during the long winter of lockdowns and extended home time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50402
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My sister and I watched some soaps when we came to the United States as a way to learn English. It was effective. The characters spoke slowly and nothing was complicated.


Not a soap person, but I know many, many people have watched for that very same reason.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60318
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
I watch a couple British soaps.. Coronation Street and Eastenders...

I enjoy them because they're a bit more down to earth than american ones..

They have characters that are more working class and deal with more grounded problems and situations.. still like all soaps it seems most everyone doesn't know how to tell the truth and it leads to a lot of melodrama..but it can be mildly entertaining... especially during the long winter of lockdowns and extended home time


Are they still on? I'm not a soap fan per se. I just got hooked on Y&R. You mentioned something of interest. Most of the soaps in America center around the wealthy. I'd like to take a peek at some British soaps. I have ACORN the British TV app. I'll try to take a peek there?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141078
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
My mom was delighted to tell me a week or two ago that Marlena is possessed again on Days Of Our Lives. The key word there is again. I actually remember that storyline from the 90's where she was first possessed. Gotta love soaps!


My mom watched that one too so I gave it a shot when I started working at home. I saw that storyline and never tuned in again. I do catch Y&R when I can (watching it now).
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 60318
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
My mom was delighted to tell me a week or two ago that Marlena is possessed again on Days Of Our Lives. The key word there is again. I actually remember that storyline from the 90's where she was first possessed. Gotta love soaps!


My mom watched that one too so I gave it a shot when I started working at home. I saw that storyline and never tuned in again. I do catch Y&R when I can (watching it now).
See there VLF. That's why you and I get along. 🧑🏾
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 May 2001
Posts: 5934

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Murdock wrote:
I watch a couple British soaps.. Coronation Street and Eastenders...

I enjoy them because they're a bit more down to earth than american ones..

They have characters that are more working class and deal with more grounded problems and situations.. still like all soaps it seems most everyone doesn't know how to tell the truth and it leads to a lot of melodrama..but it can be mildly entertaining... especially during the long winter of lockdowns and extended home time


Are they still on? I'm not a soap fan per se. I just got hooked on Y&R. You mentioned something of interest. Most of the soaps in America center around the wealthy. I'd like to take a peek at some British soaps. I have ACORN the British TV app. I'll try to take a peek there?


I know both Coronation Street and Eastenders are on Britbox and Coronation Street is also on Hulu..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 12548

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

nope... not counting a few series i download to watch (walking dead, insecure) I cant remember the last time I watched anything on TV that wasnt a sports game.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB