FACE IT, We are not going to be able to rid ourselves of Westbrook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2001
Posts: 1608
Location: 321321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: FACE IT, We are not going to be able to rid ourselves of Westbrook

We have no takers and nobody wants to help us. Even moreso, is that Westbrook has become quite the horrible player in his aging years.

At this point, I would trade him for John Wall, who can actually shoot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9110

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

John Wall can shoot? News to me.

Just move the guy to 6th man once Nunn comes back.

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
THT, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2580
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
John Wall can shoot? News to me.

Just move the guy to 6th man once Nunn comes back.

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
THT, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook


Reaves should start, then you've got a deal.
_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 8077

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

He's not going anywhere. Don't mind all the LG fantasized WB trade scenarios. They're only for entertainment purpose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32775

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: FACE IT, We are not going to be able to rid ourselves of Westbrook

monster_montego wrote:
We have no takers and nobody wants to help us. Even moreso, is that Westbrook has become quite the horrible player in his aging years.

At this int, I would trade him for John Wall, who can actually shoot.


it's weird how so many people today are starting new threads where they only repeat opinions about Westbrook that have been expressed 100 times in other threads without adding anything new.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Oct 2012
Posts: 11161

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

We can’t not pay him. But we can make him stay home.

Addition by subtraction. Just don’t play him!

My goodness. He still starting!! Smh
_________________
"I bought the Lakers so I could beat the Celtics" - Dr. Jerry Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Sep 2020
Posts: 288

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: FACE IT, We are not going to be able to rid ourselves of Westbrook

activeverb wrote:
monster_montego wrote:
We have no takers and nobody wants to help us. Even moreso, is that Westbrook has become quite the horrible player in his aging years.

At this int, I would trade him for John Wall, who can actually shoot.


it's weird how so many people today are starting new threads where they only repeat opinions about Westbrook that have been expressed 100 times in other threads without adding anything new.


That’s why you can visit this site once a week and never miss a beat. Same (bleep) different day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 7390

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
John Wall can shoot? News to me.

Just move the guy to 6th man once Nunn comes back.

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
THT, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook


compare to Russ, John Wall is like Steph Curry. Wall has a decent midrange game and he can actually finish at the rim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersruhl
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: the sad thing is there sre two more years afewr this

the sad thing is that there are two more years of Westbrook after this season meanwhile Monk and Reeves will be gone because we have no cap room and they can make more money elsewhere. This is what Lebron wanted and he is stuck with Russ for for at least 1 more year, We might find someone to take him as a 47 million dollar expiring contract
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 2493

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: the sad thing is there sre two more years afewr this

lakersruhl wrote:
the sad thing is that there are two more years of Westbrook after this season meanwhile Monk and Reeves will be gone because we have no cap room and they can make more money elsewhere. This is what Lebron wanted and he is stuck with Russ for for at least 1 more year, We might find someone to take him as a 47 million dollar expiring contract


He has a player option for next year.

So just one year after this season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 7390

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: the sad thing is there sre two more years afewr this

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
lakersruhl wrote:
the sad thing is that there are two more years of Westbrook after this season meanwhile Monk and Reeves will be gone because we have no cap room and they can make more money elsewhere. This is what Lebron wanted and he is stuck with Russ for for at least 1 more year, We might find someone to take him as a 47 million dollar expiring contract


He has a player option for next year.

So just one year after this season


he ain't opting out because he knows once he does that, all he's able to get are yearly vet minimums like Melo's getting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Just be a real laker fan and root for him the rest of the year because we don’t have much of a choice. I have made peace with that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 7723

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Merge this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
2019 wrote:
John Wall can shoot? News to me.

Just move the guy to 6th man once Nunn comes back.

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
THT, Reaves
Monk, Bradley
Nunn, Westbrook


compare to Russ, John Wall is like Steph Curry. Wall has a decent midrange game and he can actually finish at the rim.

He shot worse than Russ last year, and he didn’t recover well at all from Achilles injury. I would not trade for him. If you hated Russ, imagine an injury prone Russ who can’t even rebound nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11644

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
compare to Russ, John Wall is like Steph Curry. Wall has a decent midrange game and he can actually finish at the rim.


Not really though...

FG% by Distance this season:

John Wall:


0-3': 56.8%
3-10': 38.6% (+0.5%)
10-16': 38.5%
16'-3P: 31.5%
3P: 31.7% (+2.9%)

Russell Westbrook:

0-3': 58.8%
3-10': 36.1%
10-16': 42.6% (+4.1%)
16'-3P: 40.9% (+9.4%)
3P: 28.8%


FG% by distance career:

John Wall:


0-3': 61.2% (+1.7%)
3-10': 32.8%
10-16': 36.4%
16'-3P: 35.6%
3P: 32.3% (+1.8%)

Russell Westbrook:

0-3': 59.5%
3-10': 34.2% (+1.4%)
10-16': 39.2% (+2.8%)
16'-3P: 38.6% (+3%)
3P: 30.5%

It would be a lateral move, at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 13631
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I think RW will be here this season and next. The basketball
world is seeing him struggle.
_________________
Lakers !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
compare to Russ, John Wall is like Steph Curry. Wall has a decent midrange game and he can actually finish at the rim.


Not really though...

FG% by Distance this season:

John Wall:


0-3': 56.8%
3-10': 38.6% (+0.5%)
10-16': 38.5%
16'-3P: 31.5%
3P: 31.7% (+2.9%)

Russell Westbrook:

0-3': 58.8%
3-10': 36.1%
10-16': 42.6% (+4.1%)
16'-3P: 40.9% (+9.4%)
3P: 28.8%


FG% by distance career:

John Wall:


0-3': 61.2% (+1.7%)
3-10': 32.8%
10-16': 36.4%
16'-3P: 35.6%
3P: 32.3% (+1.8%)

Russell Westbrook:

0-3': 59.5%
3-10': 34.2% (+1.4%)
10-16': 39.2% (+2.8%)
16'-3P: 38.6% (+3%)
3P: 30.5%

It would be a lateral move, at best.

Except he doesn’t rebound and even worse in terms of athletic ability, and is injury prone. I get the frustration with Russ, but trading him for wall wil only bring us more frustration
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139570
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Just be a real laker fan and root for him the rest of the year because we don’t have much of a choice. I have made peace with that


That is all we can do
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Just be a real laker fan and root for him the rest of the year because we don’t have much of a choice. I have made peace with that


That is all we can do

I said lakers, not clippers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32775

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
monster_montego wrote:
We have no takers and nobody wants to help us. Even moreso, is that Westbrook has become quite the horrible player in his aging years.

At this int, I would trade him for John Wall, who can actually shoot.


it's weird how so many people today are starting new threads where they only repeat opinions about Westbrook that have been expressed 100 times in other threads without adding anything new.


That’s why you can visit this site once a week and never miss a beat. Same (bleep) different day.


That I get. I just wonder about all these people who have a generic thought that has already been said on LG 100 times, but somehow they think their version of that generic thought is so special it needs to be its own thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2001
Posts: 1608
Location: 321321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Swagron12 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
monster_montego wrote:
We have no takers and nobody wants to help us. Even moreso, is that Westbrook has become quite the horrible player in his aging years.

At this int, I would trade him for John Wall, who can actually shoot.


it's weird how so many people today are starting new threads where they only repeat opinions about Westbrook that have been expressed 100 times in other threads without adding anything new.


That’s why you can visit this site once a week and never miss a beat. Same (bleep) different day.


That I get. I just wonder about all these people who have a generic thought that has already been said on LG 100 times, but somehow they think their version of that generic thought is so special it needs to be its own thread.


Keep wondering and....FACE IT, we will not rid ourselves of Westbrook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 2897

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Won’t his contract become in next years trade deadline?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 33034
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Finally get out of Deng’s contract just to be stuck with Westbrook’s.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 315

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Just be a real laker fan and root for him the rest of the year because we don’t have much of a choice. I have made peace with that


Dont know if that is a good idea. If we root for him he might wanna stay....do we really want that
_________________
Go DODGERS !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 8439
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook at $20 million is much easier to stomach than Westbrook at $44 or $47 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB