*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Utah Jazz (01/17/22 @ 7:30 pm PT) Gm#44 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 20791

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Stu’s analysis is so basic, can he explain why the defense was so much better this game compared to last game beyond the fact that the Nuggets were making every open three and the Jazz were airballing those same shots?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 11867

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win 101-95 vs the Jazz. Best win of the season, IMO.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 15490

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Really shows why the top teams don't fear the Jazz in a 7 game series. Smart teams know how to attack Rudy Gobert lineups.

I am not saying Lakers would beat them as they have to prove they can become a good team this season. This is just 1 game. We need to see if AD is going to come back as one of the best players in the NBA or just a very good player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Posts: 12006
Location: Deep Space 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Nice win. Something to build on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

just bench Ariza ass and play stan more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 5074

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
None us believed we were gonna comeback down 10 don’t lie y’all!!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂


Nope, didn't think we would. Glad I was wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 15948
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The Jazz have fumbled the ball like ten times in the final five minutes.


Lakers been tipping quite a few of those.


They have been playing great... but the Jazz have looked like a lottery team in the fourth. Lost all their composure.


I think a mixture of Lakers playing desperate...but smart (for once), helped, combined with the Jazz just not being as good tonight. Jazz also seem to have a tendency even in the playoffs to fold when pressure put on them.



Lebron and Stanley small ball completely took Rudy out of the game.

THT, Reeves, and Monk applying pressure on the Jazz perimeter.

Benching Russ and going with the small ball feisty defensive lineup finally paid off.

Not sure if it’ll work on other elite shooting teams though..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37701
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
This game deserves a Worthy slow clap


He just did it complete with theme music lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9262

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

No Melo today. Has Melo been the defensive cancer that's been affecting the team? Very nice win btw.

Stan da man >>> Melo


Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 11867

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Really shows why the top teams don't fear the Jazz in a 7 game series. Smart teams know how to attack Rudy Gobert lineups.

I am not saying Lakers would beat them as they have to prove they can become a good team this season. This is just 1 game. We need to see if AD is going to come back as one of the best players in the NBA or just a very good player.


Just as a side note, this win even more impressive considering AD was not playing.

Stanley Johnson game ball?
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 7951

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1483319764558630912


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14770

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No Melo today. Has Melo been the defensive cancer that's been affecting the team? Very nice win btw.

Stan da man >>> Melo

They didn’t have melo last game nor the game before
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 2844

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

The Jazz have fumbled the ball like ten times in the final five minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Stanley Johnson is a stud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37701
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1483319764558630912




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 15948
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/1k8craCGpgs

I guess our Lakers are the small town girl in this scenario!!!

DONT STOP BELIEVING BABY 💛💜💛💜💛
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 9742

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Theseus wrote:
This game deserves a Worthy slow clap


He just did it complete with theme music lol


Haha I walked away, too bad I missed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No Melo today. Has Melo been the defensive cancer that's been affecting the team? Very nice win btw.

Stan da man >>> Melo


Nope we still need Melo's shooting. Vogel just need to bench russ more often. An I think THT step up on D in this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3367

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The Jazz have fumbled the ball like ten times in the final five minutes.


Lakers been tipping quite a few of those.


They have been playing great... but the Jazz have looked like a lottery team in the fourth. Lost all their composure.


I think a mixture of Lakers playing desperate...but smart (for once), helped, combined with the Jazz just not being as good tonight. Jazz also seem to have a tendency even in the playoffs to fold when pressure put on them.



Lebron and Stanley small ball completely took Rudy out of the game.

THT, Reeves, and Monk applying pressure on the Jazz perimeter.

Benching Russ and going with the small ball feisty defensive lineup finally paid off.

Not sure if it’ll work on other elite shooting teams though..........


The jazz are elite shooting team and 40% of their offense is from 3pt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Posts: 777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Nice win!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 2108

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Glad I was so wrong about this game. Quality win against an elite team.

Johnson with a team-best +18 tonight. Geez just sign him for the rest of the season already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The Jazz have fumbled the ball like ten times in the final five minutes.


Lakers been tipping quite a few of those.


They have been playing great... but the Jazz have looked like a lottery team in the fourth. Lost all their composure.


I think a mixture of Lakers playing desperate...but smart (for once), helped, combined with the Jazz just not being as good tonight. Jazz also seem to have a tendency even in the playoffs to fold when pressure put on them.


Not tonight, I don't know if it's because of Lakers D or just not a night for jazz shooting.

Lebron and Stanley small ball completely took Rudy out of the game.

THT, Reeves, and Monk applying pressure on the Jazz perimeter.

Benching Russ and going with the small ball feisty defensive lineup finally paid off.

Not sure if it’ll work on other elite shooting teams though..........


The jazz are elite shooting team and 40% of their offense is from 3pt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3766

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Imagine being Gobert. 7 feet tall and they’re switching guards onto you the whole 4th and you don’t get the ball once.

Geez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
The Jazz have fumbled the ball like ten times in the final five minutes.


Lakers been tipping quite a few of those.


They have been playing great... but the Jazz have looked like a lottery team in the fourth. Lost all their composure.


I think a mixture of Lakers playing desperate...but smart (for once), helped, combined with the Jazz just not being as good tonight. Jazz also seem to have a tendency even in the playoffs to fold when pressure put on them.


Lebron and Stanley small ball completely took Rudy out of the game.

THT, Reeves, and Monk applying pressure on the Jazz perimeter.

Benching Russ and going with the small ball feisty defensive lineup finally paid off.

Not sure if it’ll work on other elite shooting teams though..........


The jazz are elite shooting team and 40% of their offense is from 3pt


Not tonight, I don't know if it's because of Lakers D or just not a night for jazz shooting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 3511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Everytime Russ got bench before the crucial minutes of the 4th, the Lakers always has a run, until westbrook goes back in, not tonight though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB