OOT Scoreboard / The Quest for the Play-In Tournament
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: OOT Scoreboard / The Quest for the Play-In Tournament

RANK TEAM RECORD GR GB

10th SPURS (32-45) 5 30
11th LAKERS (31-46) 5 31

UPDATED: APR 2/22 @ 6:43AM PST

Last edited by Killer_Z on Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:07 am; edited 43 times in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Memphis isn't much easier than GSW or Phoenix. I'd rather we load manage Lebron and AD than try to wear them out chasing the 6th seed. Our schedule is insane for the 2nd half of the season. We won't get the 6th seed.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

The benefit of 6th is to avoid the play-in tournament. This team is not good enough to intentionally load manage Bron and AD. We can’t even get them a few minutes off in the 4th by blowing out a team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are 3.5 behind the Nuggets, they would have to have a long losing streak. And that doesn’t include what the Clippers and Wolves do.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I’d just take the 7/8 seed so we get 2 chances in play in
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: OOT Scoreboard / The Quest for 6th in the West

Killer_Z wrote:
With 28 games left, I thought it time to start this thread.

6 - Nuggets (29-24) 13.5
7 - Timberwolves (28-25) 14.5
8 - Clippers (27-27) 16
9 - Lakers (26-28) 17
10 - Blazers (21-32) 22

Denver and Minnesota both with with wins tonight. Let’s hope that the Bucks do us a favour and knock off the Clippers before likely doing the same to us tomorrow.

The Bucks did us a favor and beat the Clippers.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

The best strategy is to rest LBJ and AD and not worry about the play in tournament.

If they can't win two games against the worst playoff teams, they aren't going to beat Phoenix or GSW.

Health and Russ getting hot at the right time is the only thing that matters.

The one thing they have going for them is that no one expects them to do well, so there is less pressure on them.

If they win, it's still terrible team management... but the big three are talented enough to make it happen in spite of their poor personnel decisions.

I'd be okay with the team if Klutch disappeared and we had a strong GM who had the power to override LBJ.

But we don't so I'm afraid they will make a deep run and we will sign a 38 year old LBJ to a long extension and Russ along with him if we do well in the playoffs.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

We really do need to go on a win streak.

4-5 game streak so we can at least solidify a play in spot and afford to rest AD and Bron a bit
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
We really do need to go on a win streak.

4-5 game streak so we can at least solidify a play in spot and afford to rest AD and Bron a bit

The time for that was when we had the easiest schedule in the league. Though AD and Lebron got plenty of rest.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: OOT Scoreboard / The Quest for 6th in the West

Killer_Z wrote:
With 28 games left, I thought it time to start this thread.

6 - Nuggets (29-24) 13.5
7 - Timberwolves (28-25) 14.5
8 - Clippers (27-27) 16
9 - Lakers (26-28) 17
10 - Blazers (21-32) 22

Denver and Minnesota both with with wins tonight. Let’s hope that the Bucks do us a favour and knock off the Clippers before likely doing the same to us tomorrow.

Well done, let's do this!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
The best strategy is to rest LBJ and AD and not worry about the play in tournament.

If they can't win two games against the worst playoff teams, they aren't going to beat Phoenix or GSW.

The one thing they have going for them is that no one expects them to do well, so there is less pressure on them.

If they win, it's still terrible team management... but the big three are talented enough to make it happen in spite of their poor personnel decisions.

I'd be okay with the team if Klutch disappeared and we had a strong GM who had the power to override LBJ.

But we don't so I'm afraid they will make a deep run and we will sign a 38 year old LBJ to a long extension and Russ along with him if we do well in the playoffs.

You do realize the Lakers are one of those “worst playoff teams” you are describing.

Until they prove otherwise they are just another bad team. Up to the players to prove what they ant this season to be.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

You do realize the Lakers are one of those “worst playoff teams” you are describing.

Until they prove otherwise they are just another bad team. Up to the players to prove what they ant this season to be.

Would I bet a large amount of money on them?

Absolutely not.

But if the big three are healthy... they can do anything from being eliminated in the play in to winning a title.

Phoenix and GSW are the biggest obstacles... and especially GSW with their title experience would be the favorite if everyone stays healthy.

But LBJ, AD, and Russ playing with playoff intensity could beat anyone if they got hot.

Again, I think this is a poorly constructed team... and I want Klutch to leave so if we don't win a title... I'd rather just get booted in the play in or first round. But anything can happen... and I'm not talking Miracle on Ice level miracle... they could go on a run and upset one of those teams.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject:

Our trio of stars haven't shared the court for even 20 games, the play-in can be a blessing.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

Not even thinking about 6th. Think this will require 45 wins. We’re going to need to go 19-9 rest of the way.

Likely we will hit 40-41 wins, and all I hope is we her two cracks at the play ins, so an 8th seed at lowest would be where I wanna end up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Would I bet a large amount of money on them?

Absolutely not.

But if the big three are healthy... they can do anything from being eliminated in the play in to winning a title.

Phoenix and GSW are the biggest obstacles... and especially GSW with their title experience would be the favorite if everyone stays healthy.

But LBJ, AD, and Russ playing with playoff intensity could beat anyone if they got hot.

Again, I think this is a poorly constructed team... and I want Klutch to leave so if we don't win a title... I'd rather just get booted in the play in or first round. But anything can happen... and I'm not talking Miracle on Ice level miracle... they could go on a run and upset one of those teams.

I’m not rooting against my Lakers. Just being realistic about what they alhave shown themselves to be after 50 games.

I’ll agree if they are all healthy, all get hot, all play with playoff intensity and chemistry they could be a dangerous team. They have to prove they can be that team though.

So far they haven’t. And the teams that matter have been proving that they can play at that level all season long. I’m guessing all the other play-in teams are “hoping” all the pieces fall into place and they get hot too.

I certainly hope they find the magic it takes to make a deep playoff run. Because this all-in win now plan was supposed to produce more then hopefully winning a play-in game or two.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

The young upstart Grizz are doing us a solid. Win tonight and we take 8th!
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers don't make the playoffs. I stand by that
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:02 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:

Killer, with the way or team is going, I'm *this* close to replacing your infamous Kuzma quote in my sig with a just a simple "Our team stinks"...just...yuck. My guess is at best a play in team, and wont win that.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Killer, with the way or team is going, I'm *this* close to replacing your infamous Kuzma quote in my sig with a just a simple "Our team stinks"...just...yuck. My guess is at best a play in team, and wont win that.

Hang in there my friend …… I know it’s been a repulsive run but it’s not over yet.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Updated to “the Quest for 8th” …….might as well be realistic
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lakers are 3.5 behind the Nuggets, they would have to have a long losing streak. And that doesn’t include what the Clippers and Wolves do.

Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Need the Mavs to and Heat to take care of business today.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Nice seeing the Lakers beat the Nets tonight
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We play Saturday and then next game is next Wednesday.

After that we have the all star break and don’t play again until the next Friday.

Lots of rest and time off coming ahead.

Also…bucks can’t make crap tonight lol. Way different than their insane shooting against us
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I see them finishing 11-15 for 37 wins. Good enough for the 8 seed?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: