Lakers to sign 6'9 Wenyen Gabriel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Wenyen rationalization

Per Starkand (quote from Ham at link)

For those of you wondering why Wenyen Gabriel has been out of the rotation, here is what Darvin Ham told @jovanbuha pregame:

https://twitter.com/dstarkand/status/1621289295029112832?s=46&t=BGFXsWlTXzmk8biecpQdyw
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TB has been averaging about 19 MPG in the 3 games that AD has played in since his return. Wenyen has controversially been a DNP-CD.

I would love to see TB's minutes drop to 10 MPG (a 5 minute shift per half), so that Darvin could give Wenyen the other 9 minutes. Then, reduce LeBron's load a bit to about 34 MPG (he has 35, 39, and 38 minutes played in regulation, not counting OT, in the 3 games AD has played since his return) and give Wenyen the difference in minutes.

That should give Wenyen around 14 minutes per game. That is 14 minutes of Lakers basketball with the highest levels of energy and hustle, as well as competent defense and rebounding. I truly believe this will help the Lakers maintain and even extend leads (and avoid these nail-biting finishes).

Just decrease Pat Bevs or RW minutes.

I know they've both been playing quite a bit of 3 lately, but with Rui, I would worry about spacing if we are swapping 1/2 minutes for Wenyen. (And yes, I understand that Russ can't shoot, but his playmaking from the perimeter can't be replicated by Wenyen either.)

I would look to find minutes at the 4/5 for Wenyen, especially since Austin will be back soon and likely eating a lot of minutes at the 2/3.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

DD20045 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TB has been averaging about 19 MPG in the 3 games that AD has played in since his return. Wenyen has controversially been a DNP-CD.

I would love to see TB's minutes drop to 10 MPG (a 5 minute shift per half), so that Darvin could give Wenyen the other 9 minutes. Then, reduce LeBron's load a bit to about 34 MPG (he has 35, 39, and 38 minutes played in regulation, not counting OT, in the 3 games AD has played since his return) and give Wenyen the difference in minutes.

That should give Wenyen around 14 minutes per game. That is 14 minutes of Lakers basketball with the highest levels of energy and hustle, as well as competent defense and rebounding. I truly believe this will help the Lakers maintain and even extend leads (and avoid these nail-biting finishes).

I know they've both been playing quite a bit of 3 lately, but with Rui, I would worry about spacing if we are swapping 1/2 minutes for Wenyen. (And yes, I understand that Russ can't shoot, but his playmaking from the perimeter can't be replicated by Wenyen either.)

I would look to find minutes at the 4/5 for Wenyen, especially since Austin will be back soon and likely eating a lot of minutes at the 2/3.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

DD20045 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

DD20045 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

DD20045 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject:

play him...
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Wenyen rationalization

Per Starkand (quote from Ham at link)

For those of you wondering why Wenyen Gabriel has been out of the rotation, here is what Darvin Ham told @jovanbuha pregame:

https://twitter.com/dstarkand/status/1621289295029112832?s=46&t=BGFXsWlTXzmk8biecpQdyw

I read that whole twitter post, and learned absolutely squat. That's a prime example of saying a lot, while saying nothing at the same time. Is there a problem with playing Bryant at the 5, with Wenyen at the 4?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Best 2-man lineup this season, believe it or not, belongs to LeBron and Gabriel, yes you read that right. It’s not LeBron and AD, but LeBron and Gabriel.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Best 2-man lineup this season, believe it or not, belongs to LeBron and Gabriel, yes you read that right. It’s not LeBron and AD, but LeBron and Gabriel.

Source?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject:

such a waste of hustle and enegetic player just sitting in the bench.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Have they tried using him to guard bigger 2's or even 1's?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Have they tried using him to guard bigger 2's or even 1's?

ham will try pat and brook guading 6' 8" players than that. 🤣🤣🤣
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Do you know that they’re doing this because they’re trying to get rui comfortable

But there’s gotta be a way to get him back on the court. He was playing too well to sit.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Do you know that they’re doing this because they’re trying to get rui comfortable

But there’s gotta be a way to get him back on the court. He was playing too well to sit.

I'd rather Reaves (when he's back) and Wenyen/both TBs to get Russ' minutes. Rui, DS, Lonnie and T.Bryant can cover WB offensive production
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/JVando/status/1624178494552023053

I didnt know he went to KU with Vandy.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Whenever I see Wenyen I get sad for some reason. Dude should be playing more minutes.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 am    Post subject:

I think he’ll get some run against smaller ball lineups.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:04 am    Post subject:

ThreePointBomber wrote:
Whenever I see Wenyen I get sad for some reason. Dude should be playing more minutes.

Gotta love his energy and effort, but his limitations are clear. He's a nice borderline rotation player to have, but he shouldn't be playing more than spot duty minutes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:49 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
I think he’ll get some run against smaller ball lineups.

Agreed; Wenny has shown steady improvement & he should be able to def get PT in certain situations as well as against small ball lineups.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Kid is putting in the effort, love him

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Wenyen did all he could. This game was not his fault, at all. Needed more help out there, he can't play the whole game with the kind of effort he brings
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

This is the one advantage to games like this... He found more in himself than he had been previously thinking he was capable of...

Thank you Gabriel for showing why we have kept you.. he was a rabid dog tonight.. did not give two (bleep) who he was playing against or how many people he had to outrebound or take the ball back from... He made a serious impact without disturbing the flow

He must be working on his game..
Keep it up...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I've gotta say, having not watched many games in the Westbrick era, I didn't really understand why Lakers fans were so infatuated with Wenyen. But after today I get it. He's definitely a guy you want to root for.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Wenyen is homegrown and a glue guy/utility man you wanna keep .
That being said....wouldn't be surprised if he's gone next year. Smh
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: