Time To Blow it Up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade LeBron/AD?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 32 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Bron has no market. Yes trade AD

oh he has plenty of value. He just scored 50+ points, and he can fill up an arena. Trade him to a team in a win-now mode and the Lakers can get future assets. The question is does LBJ want to be traded, because more and more it seems like his goal is to win the all-time scoring record, and playing with his son. If his goal was to win a championship, he would be demanding a trade by now.

AD, I would wait. His trade value is low, need to see him play next season and remind people of what he is capable of

To my knowledge, he doesn't have a no-trade clause, so this is moot.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I’d like to keep AD here, but he is injured consistently way more often than not. I think they’d be better off trading him.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
Halflife wrote:

oh he has plenty of value. He just scored 50+ points, and he can fill up an arena. Trade him to a team in a win-now mode and the Lakers can get future assets. The question is does LBJ want to be traded, because more and more it seems like his goal is to win the all-time scoring record, and playing with his son. If his goal was to win a championship, he would be demanding a trade by now.

AD, I would wait. His trade value is low, need to see him play next season and remind people of what he is capable of

To my knowledge, he doesn't have a no-trade clause, so this is moot.

yes, but no team would trade away assets for a player like LeBron if he doesn't want to be there. He needs to be on board.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

yes, but no team would trade away assets for a player like LeBron if he doesn't want to be there. He needs to be on board.

No team would trade for Lebron James?
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

would they trade for a disgruntled James which was the point I was making. If he says hell no, I'm not coming, you think the trade happens ?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

would they trade for a disgruntled James which was the point I was making. If he says hell no, I'm not coming, you think the trade happens ?

LeBron to OKC for a basket of first rounders, who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
paymonM wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

If LeBron says no, it's not going to happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
paymonM wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

Unless LBJ asks for that, that is one bush league move that will hurt the Lakers reputation (already tattered, front office wise).
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject:

No way James is going to Oklahoma

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah it's past time
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:06 am    Post subject:

Cant trade Lebron. He worth nothing. No one will give up anything for him.
AD on another hand is tradeable. We are not going to get half for him what we gave away but anyway better something than nothing.
I am all in for trading AD. Move that injury prone lazy ass from the Lakers.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:21 am    Post subject:

The way I see it is like this:
We can either be stupid (which I'm sure is what Jeannie and CO will do) and close are eyes and pretend that there is still a window with this Bron/AD duo and just try to retool the team around them with limited flexibility. This will only lead to more seasons like this one where our best hope is somewhere between a 6th place in the west finish and missing the play-ins all together. Another season like this and Lebron walks away after next season anyway and I'm sure AD walks in 3-4 years or whenever his next option is up. With no draft capital at this point and losing Bron and AD for nothing this will leave us in the gutter until like 2030 minimum.
Or the alternative is for our FO to realize it's over with this group and stop star chasing and try to build a sustainable team. Trade AD and Bron and get as much back in young pieces and more importantly draft capital and begin the rebuild process early. We're not going to get anything close to what we gave up for AD but we can get a nice haul of picks and maybe a younger piece or two. Bron can also get us some more draft capital. Yes we will probably suck for the next 3-4 years after trading these 2 but we're gonna suck with them anyway (there is no pride in just making the playoffs at LakerNation) and by ripping off the band-aid now we have flexibility in terms of roster management and cap space to potentially sprinkle in a star free agent down the line as we rebuild through the draft and younger pieces. The whole point is accelerating the rebuild and obtaining roster flexibility. IF we keep Bron/AD we have no flexibility and aren't competitive either.
It's time to blow it up
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers and James want to see him break Kareems record as a Laker....I could see him wanting to do that as a Cav and they might give us some "ok" pieces in return....

But if we are going to reboot it's got be AD going out...he is the only one who will get us more than "ok" players...not Top Top shelf players but good young players and a pick, I could see that...which would likely mean next season is the LBJ scoring show....but I think most Lakers fans would be ok, with probably 1 more blah season if we had some youth and picks in hand to set up for a post LBJ rebuild after next season along with more cap flexibility ...I know next year may not be great in FA, but still nice to have the room.

What they can't do is stretch WB or make a stupid deal around WB and cough more future 1sts....I'd rather they just keep him for a year if we are going to be out of the chip running anyway.

Moving on from AD will be a bummer because we are definitely going to get a lot less than what we gave up, but we brought him in and got a chip so I can see it as the price of doing business....and I think at this point it seems pretty clear AD is never going to be Alpha AD he is more like a top shelf number 2, like Pip was...the lakers will need to set things up so they can get "that guy" at some point, which likely means we are heading to a few average or below average years as we reload.

Hopefully the Lakers learned something here...chemistry matters, consistency matters....
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I think the Lakers and James want to see him break Kareems record as a Laker....I could see him wanting to do that as a Cav and they might give us some "ok" pieces in return....

But if we are going to reboot it's got be AD going out...he is the only one who will get us more than "ok" players...not Top Top shelf players but good young players and a pick, I could see that...which would likely mean next season is the LBJ scoring show....but I think most Lakers fans would be ok, with probably 1 more blah season if we had some youth and picks in hand to set up for a post LBJ rebuild after next season along with more cap flexibility ...I know next year may not be great in FA, but still nice to have the room.

What they can't do is stretch WB or make a stupid deal around WB and cough more future 1sts....I'd rather they just keep him for a year if we are going to be out of the chip running anyway.

Moving on from AD will be a bummer because we are definitely going to get a lot less than what we gave up, but we brought him in and got a chip so I can see it as the price of doing business....and I think at this point it seems pretty clear AD is never going to be Alpha AD he is more like a top shelf number 2, like Pip was...the lakers will need to set things up so they can get "that guy" at some point, which likely means we are heading to a few average or below average years as we reload.

Hopefully the Lakers learned something here...chemistry matters, consistency matters....

The fact that for our front office it's important to see Lebron break Kareem's record as a Laker is another indication of just how bleak situation is for the Lakers. Jeannie doesn't have what it takes to lead a top franchise, for her owning the Lakers is about status and not winning. Her whole identity is through Lakers ownership which means she'll never sell it. The issue is leadership and we have none and Jeannie won't hire non lakers family people to run the organization so we are doomed as we have losers like Kurt Rambis calling the shots.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

<snip>

That's the irony of it - these are basics, college coaches/managers know and practice these principles; for a storied franchise like the Lakers to "hopefully learn" it is akin to a grown man forgetting and then re-learning how to drive a car.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Halflife wrote:

AD, I would wait. His trade value is low, need to see him play next season and remind people of what he is capable of.
it depends how you define value.
You cant just put him on a contending team and say fit in. Thats not him.

In regards to return, what is a contending team going to give up?

Suns for example? Any subtraction for him makes them worse.

GSW? Maybe wiggins but you are taking the ball out of other guys hands.

who else?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Love and respect that AD and LeBron bought us a championship less then 2 years ago but if you want to take advantage this summer in a trade market were a lot of players are expected to be available this is the time to see what we can get for our main guys, you don’t necessarily need to blow it up and rebuild you can still get guys like Donovan Mitchell or Jimmy Butler and still be a contender
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

I would blow it up, but I wouldn't trade Lebron unless Lebron publicly comes out and asks. Bad look if you trade him now without his blessing. AD, Russ, get what you can but the market is low. In fact I would tell Russ to run Russ' offense, pad his stats and then raise his market value. AD will have a market even with the health issues, Russ who in their right mind would trade for him at this point?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
I would blow it up, but I wouldn't trade Lebron unless Lebron publicly comes out and asks. Bad look if you trade him now without his blessing. AD, Russ, get what you can but the market is low. In fact I would tell Russ to run Russ' offense, pad his stats and then raise his market value. AD will have a market even with the health issues, Russ who in their right mind would trade for him at this point?

LeBron has asked out in every stop that he was in, he made the public announcement to go to Miami he left Miami to Cleveland by making a announcement on the Player Tribute, the dude is a attention seeker and as much as I love him as a player .. it’s the truth, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a similar thing this summer.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

LeBron has asked out in every stop that he was in, he made the public announcement to go to Miami he left Miami to Cleveland by making a announcement on the Player Tribute, the dude is a attention seeker and as much as I love him as a player .. it’s the truth, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a similar thing this summer.

life in LA is kind.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

For good value? Absolutely not.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
paymonM wrote:

For good value? Absolutely not.

totally agree, but I do think 2 teams would without giving up anything. Clippers, Kings.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

You fire Pelinka.

You need to keep Lebron and AD. At least we have a chance to win.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
You fire Pelinka.

You need to keep Lebron and AD. At least we have a chance to win.

And the rambii/Phil will hire someone as equally bad. It reeks from the top down
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject:

I can see Lebron want to join a playoff team like Hawks where they have young star players like Trae and Collins, who will fit well with LeBron.
Gallo, Bogdan, Hunter and picks would be the package.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: