*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (03/16/22 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#69***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3367

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I heard a report that some Lakers are just waiting for the season to end.
Lakers Nation reported that….

If so, that’s bad, real bad!!


Waiting for?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41268

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I heard a report that some Lakers are just waiting for the season to end.
Lakers Nation reported that….

If so, that’s bad, real bad!!


Not like its surprising why AD and LeBron wanted the FO to bring in help during the trade deadline, to turn the season around they knew they had a bunch of lousy players on the team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37703
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Guys - I am thinking the locker must really suck. No fight.

The young Vet min guys aren’t even playing hard, Stanley, monk, etc. I don’t know why they think this is ok


I don't know that I think they aren't playing hard but they certainly aren't being affective. So whether they feel like they don't know what to do or they don't feel supported or what but...

Just watch next game. See how slow they are at getting back, and they don’t box out either. Melo, lebron, Russ all do that, this team is a joke.


Well I know the old guys don't either because they're too old and tired or you know who knows what but I don't agree that the young guys do that necessarily all the time. Like there a play that happened... it wasn't like he made an egregious mistake but the play just didn't work out and Bron started yelling at Reaves about something and I could just see defeat in Reaves face. So I don't know what's going on back there but something ain't right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9576
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject:

They should at least fight with what they have.
Lazy defensively
Terrible offensively
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 3703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I heard a report that some Lakers are just waiting for the season to end.
Lakers Nation reported that….

If so, that’s bad, real bad!!


If true then why is Vogel playing them?? Whoever's saying that needs to turn in their jersey and (bleep) their ass down. Seriously. Just shows the 0 balls of Vogel. You got players who've given up and he's still playing them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9576
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Ariza worthless
Bazemore worthless
Ellington worthless
Bradley worthless
Gabriel weak
Johnson weak
THT weak
Westbrook horrible
Howard old
Melo inconsistent and old
Davis made of glass
Lebron trying to do it all and old

Monk is ok
Reaves is ok

That’s your roster folks…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14770

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Guys - I am thinking the locker must really suck. No fight.

The young Vet min guys aren’t even playing hard, Stanley, monk, etc. I don’t know why they think this is ok


I don't know that I think they aren't playing hard but they certainly aren't being affective. So whether they feel like they don't know what to do or they don't feel supported or what but...

Just watch next game. See how slow they are at getting back, and they don’t box out either. Melo, lebron, Russ all do that, this team is a joke.


Well I know the old guys don't either because they're too old and tired or you know who knows what but I don't agree that the young guys do that necessarily all the time. Like there a play that happened... it wasn't like he made an egregious mistake but the play just didn't work out and Bron started yelling at Reaves about something and I could just see defeat in Reaves face. So I don't know what's going on back there but something ain't right.

The thing is that Russ, melo and bron already made bank, the young guys are gunning for big contracts, there should be zero possessions they took off in a game. AC would’ve been a great example, even in our dog days in 2019, he was playing hard no matter what happened
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3367

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
They should at least fight with what they have.
Lazy defensively
Terrible offensively


They don’t like each other, it’s pretty simple

Every casual fan knows that Westbrook trade was bad, only bron/Jeanie didn’t


Last edited by Dennis100mtrash on Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 3818

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

How the hell this team won 29 games?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 4190

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

and to think the 12th pick goes to Memphis

projected pick

jalen duren
18 yrs, 6'11", 250lbs,

17.4 PTS 11.5 REB 1.8 AST 3.1 BLK 1.2 STL


Last edited by paymonM on Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 3703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141631
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
TMG wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hate to say it but Lakers are turning into the league's punching bag.


Turning into?

Bruv we've been that for about 90% of the season.

(bleep) W took Lebron scoring 50 twice

Last years of Kobe all over again.

Gonna surround Lebron with Huertas brother Marcelinho next season.


I hated the last Kobe years.
Embarrassing that the FO didn’t try to put anything decent around him.
It was sad.


Nash and Howard?
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37703
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Guys - I am thinking the locker must really suck. No fight.

The young Vet min guys aren’t even playing hard, Stanley, monk, etc. I don’t know why they think this is ok


I don't know that I think they aren't playing hard but they certainly aren't being affective. So whether they feel like they don't know what to do or they don't feel supported or what but...

Just watch next game. See how slow they are at getting back, and they don’t box out either. Melo, lebron, Russ all do that, this team is a joke.


Well I know the old guys don't either because they're too old and tired or you know who knows what but I don't agree that the young guys do that necessarily all the time. Like there a play that happened... it wasn't like he made an egregious mistake but the play just didn't work out and Bron started yelling at Reaves about something and I could just see defeat in Reaves face. So I don't know what's going on back there but something ain't right.

The thing is that Russ, melo and bron already made bank, the young guys are gunning for big contracts, there should be zero possessions they took off in a game. AC would’ve been a great example, even in our dog days in 2019, he was playing hard no matter what happened


Well, CaruGOAT. I mean... He's special and we let him go so yeah...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9576
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
TMG wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hate to say it but Lakers are turning into the league's punching bag.


Turning into?

Bruv we've been that for about 90% of the season.

(bleep) W took Lebron scoring 50 twice

Last years of Kobe all over again.

Gonna surround Lebron with Huertas brother Marcelinho next season.


I hated the last Kobe years.
Embarrassing that the FO didn’t try to put anything decent around him.
It was sad.


Nash and Howard?


I meant after the 2012 season. The last 4 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20629

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Forget the Lakers embarrassing situation…KAT is setting himself up to get clowned in the playoffs (by another team).

Perennial losers shouldn’t start talking (bleep) until they have won something.
_________________
Rule #1 for Beginner GM: Do not trade FRPs for role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3367

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Forget the Lakers embarrassing situation…KAT is setting himself up to get clowned in the playoffs (by another team).

Perennial losers shouldn’t start talking (bleep) until they have won something.


Haha yeah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41268

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3367

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes


💯
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141631
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
TMG wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hate to say it but Lakers are turning into the league's punching bag.


Turning into?

Bruv we've been that for about 90% of the season.

(bleep) W took Lebron scoring 50 twice

Last years of Kobe all over again.

Gonna surround Lebron with Huertas brother Marcelinho next season.


I hated the last Kobe years.
Embarrassing that the FO didn’t try to put anything decent around him.
It was sad.


Nash and Howard?


I meant after the 2012 season. The last 4 years.


Gotcha
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37703
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes


Pretty confident change is coming regardless. The thought was that we'd be a championship contender not fighting to maybe make the play-in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 3818

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Might be unpopular here... Starters has not been that good since we insert Reeves/Monk in the starting line-up.

Reeves seems like better coming off the bench. Monk really has not been the same since the ASB.

Lets give the vets a try...

Dwight
Lebron
Melo
Baze
Westbrook

Monk
Reeves
THT
Gabriel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41268

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes


Pretty confident change is coming regardless. The thought was that we'd be a championship contender not fighting to maybe make the play-in.


The difference between making the play in and missing out is the FO factor, I think Pelinka will 100% get canned if we miss the play in were as if we made the play in and made some noise might make it more desirable to keep the FO intact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11920

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes


Pretty confident change is coming regardless. The thought was that we'd be a championship contender not fighting to maybe make the play-in.


The difference between making the play in and missing out is the FO factor, I think Pelinka will 100% get canned if we miss the play in were as if we made the play in and made some noise might make it more desirable to keep the FO intact.

Unfortunately we don’t control our destiny. As hard as we try to fail, we need others to win
_________________
"He's been told by people—and I know this—LeBron doesn't want to be coached." - Wilbon

"I mean it's not a failure," James said "We came to work every day...we tried... the results just didn't happen. But it's not a failure." - Bron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3951

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TMG wrote:
We ain't making the play in folks. Gotta say im letting out a sigh of relief.


Good, I don’t want the team to make the play in, missing out will force a lot of major changes


Pretty confident change is coming regardless. The thought was that we'd be a championship contender not fighting to maybe make the play-in.


Enter Coach Rambii and PBO Phil Jackson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
TMG wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Hate to say it but Lakers are turning into the league's punching bag.


Turning into?

Bruv we've been that for about 90% of the season.

(bleep) W took Lebron scoring 50 twice

Last years of Kobe all over again.

Gonna surround Lebron with Huertas brother Marcelinho next season.


I hated the last Kobe years.
Embarrassing that the FO didn’t try to put anything decent around him.
It was sad.


Nash and Howard?


I meant after the 2012 season. The last 4 years.


After the achilles Bryant barely played the next two seasons IIRC. Even his last year he was average starter level. Not sure who could've righted the ship to get him a proper last leg in LA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB