MAGIC JOHNSON CONFIRMS LEBRON KILLED DEMAR TRADE IN OFFSEASON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:06 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
The only thing Magic, our former PoBO, confirmed was that he has no understanding of the salary cap

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

Exactly!!!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:10 am    Post subject:

1. The Lakers didn’t have to the cap space to sign Derozen outright so it would have had to be a sign and trade.

2. Once a sign and trade is done, that automatically triggers a hard cap. Meaning the Lakers would not have been able to keep Caruso.

3. In order to do a sign and trade, some of, if not all of the same guys that were traded for Russ would have had to be in the trade.

4. And if they would have been used in the trade, they would t have been able to trade for Buddy.

I love Magic but, his need to always want to be the center of attention is annoying but, he’s always been that way so, I’m use to it.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject:

Magic Johnson is as narcissistic a former athlete as they come.

I honestly can't think of another great who has so much trouble with humility and he finds it impossible not to make any conversation about "me".

I despise the LBJ Lakers era as much as many here do - but I can't think of anything more self-serving and low than for a former Lakers great to come out and effectively say "I wanted to hand deliver Derozan to the Lakers, but Lebron decided for Westbrook" (even if true!).

@#$@ you Magic. It's time you recede into the shadows please.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

This story isn't really about DD vs Russ. This is about Bron being the main cog in getting Russ, which is what's triggering the bron fans. We don't know the intricacies of what it would have taken to get DD. On the surface sure but we had pieces FRP etc to play with.

Bron fans tried to discredit this story when someone with zero inside connections to the lakers wrote how Brons involvement was overblown.

According to a guy, with deep deep laker connections who actually put his name on story says otherwise. That in fact this is on bron
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
OP: I get the clickbait but what's up with all caps and alarming choice of words? Bad news much?

Fans really need to check the source thoroughly before foaming at the mouth.

You can’t rely on an unreliable aggregator.

Magic actually said nothing wrong other than his Buddy/DD cap defying partnership.

Frank is most likely fired and will be scapegoated & we will be forced to run it back and it’s a bad look to attach our remaining draft capital just to rid ourselves of Russ’s contract. (However I would definitely attach our ‘27/‘29 picks to Russ’s deal to bring in Myles/Brogdon…but gut punch to the soul, will Pritchard even answer a call from Rob?)

Anyways, other than the hypothetical DeRozan stuff, I see no lies in what Magic said.

Folks really need to put more ‘spect on his name. Dude helped us to 5 rings even without any credit in bringing Bron here. #GetFamiliar with his statue out front and his fit up in the rafters.

Meanwhile that other dude wasn’t with Kob shooting in the gym. It’s wild how folks ish on the Magic man, while letting that other guy disappear whenever the blame pie comes around. Dude deserves a slice! Now where did that knife go? #FOh
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
nshid wrote:
OP: I get the clickbait but what's up with all caps and alarming choice of words? Bad news much?

Fans really need to check the source thoroughly before foaming at the mouth.

You can’t rely on an unreliable aggregator.

Magic actually said nothing wrong other than his Buddy/DD cap defying partnership.

Frank is most likely fired and will be scapegoated & we will be forced to run it back and it’s a bad look to attach our remaining draft capital just to rid ourselves of Russ’s contract. (However I would definitely attach our ‘27/‘29 picks to Russ’s deal to bring in Myles/Brogdon…but gut punch to the soul, will Pritchard even answer a call from Rob?)

Anyways, other than the hypothetical DeRozan stuff, I see no lies in what Magic said.

Folks really need to put more ‘spect on his name. Dude helped us to 5 rings even without any credit in bringing Bron here. #GetFamiliar with his statue out front and his fit up in the rafters.

Meanwhile that other dude wasn’t with Kob shooting in the gym. It’s wild how folks ish on the Magic man, while letting that other guy disappear whenever the blame pie comes around. Dude deserves a slice! Now where did that knife go? #FOh

Loved magic on the court and for what he did in the LA community but he has slandered the team/players on public platforms which do create perception because of his megaphone. He did quit live on air and went nuclear on Rob. Whether you like Rob or not its a bit of dirty laundry.

He has a Doc coming out so we knew he would be making the rounds. I actually think his latest appearance (thread) was his most honest and didn't seem to have an agenda. He was real matter of fact about coach being fired more as a scape goat, and what team will likely look like.

First time I didn't cringe. I am also happy he made it clear Bron demanded russ.

A far cry from his dismantling of Russ which was unnecessary and just playing to the sheep.

Last edited by Halflife on Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

Magic is not fan of the Lakers. he just like every other sport media person out there, using Lakers to draw readers/followers. only difference is he's doing it under the assumption he actually "cares" about the team and Jeannie Buss. i'm about to puke.

the day these ex-Laker can just enjoy their retirement and not worry and talk about the lakers in public is a first step to rebuild this franchise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

Why is LBJ wanting Russ news? We all know that. The truth is a lot of us were against the Russ trade and Rob and the FO should have known this would end poorly by giving up our awesome role players that fit LBJ/AD so well.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Magic is not fan of the Lakers. he just like every other sport media person out there, using Lakers to draw readers/followers. only difference is he's doing it under the assumption he actually "cares" about the team and Jeannie Buss. i'm about to puke.

the day these ex-Laker can just enjoy their retirement and not worry and talk about the lakers in public is a first step to rebuild this franchise.

Magic wants to own (more) the Lakers.

A dysfunctional Lakers organization is a means to an end and he's more than willing and able to stoop to the cowardly level he has for the last many years to provide that dysfunction - whether inside the ropes or outside them. He's a snake, and if Jeanie doesn't see through it, he may get his way.

Makes me sick.

(my last post on the subject, as I had said the same with how he handled his stint as president)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I don't know about this. The lakers and him are 1. he clearly has an amazing relationship with the owner. The problem is he is too much of a fan. He sounds like a lot of posters here where he lives and dies with the team and every move.

Too emotional when talking about lakers which can be a fault when you have a megaphone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject:

I mean Magic….

Quote:
Laker Nation, the blockbuster trade that’s bringing Russell Westbrook to the @Lakers is VERY exciting and will definitely make the Lakers a championship contender next season!

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1420909078939770883?s=21&t=XBBTxPjPRfuQj5JJuRpBSg
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why is LBJ wanting Russ news? We all know that. The truth is a lot of us were against the Russ trade and Rob and the FO should have known this would end poorly by giving up our awesome role players that fit LBJ/AD so well.

Because once Russ really started to stink it up Klutch started leaking this narrative that Lebron really wanted Derozan but the Lakers made the Westbrook trade.

Magic is wrong but he's not that far off. We could've had a roster with Lebron/AD/Hield/DeRozan as the core. It would've still cost us Caruso, Kuz, KCP, Trezz, etc - but that's a much better fitting roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because once Russ really started to stink it up Klutch started leaking this narrative that Lebron really wanted Derozan but the Lakers made the Westbrook trade.

Magic is wrong but he's not that far off. We could've had a roster with Lebron/AD/Hield/DeRozan as the core. It would've still cost us Caruso, Kuz, KCP, Trezz, etc - but that's a much better fitting roster.

I think Popovich would trade DROZ to the Lakers over his dead body. Dude is still mad over the Gasol trade.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Magic certainly is an attention wh*re who enjoys yapping anytime a microphone is nearby. And he tends to spin things with an eye to how it will make him look.

While he was a great player, he doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb about basketball in general. He was a crappy coach, GM, and commentator. There has never been a time when I was particularly interested to hear Magic's opinion about anything. He strikes me as an inarticulate guy who speaks off the cuff without a lot of thought. Kind of the opposite of Kareem.

How much he cares about the Lakers from an existential standpoint is anyone's guess.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Magic certainly is an attention wh*re who enjoys yapping anytime a microphone is nearby. And he tends to spin things with an eye to how it will make him look.

While he was a great player, he doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb about basketball in general. He was a crappy coach, GM, and commentator. There has never been a time when I was particularly interested to hear Magic's opinion about anything. He strikes me as an inarticulate guy who speaks off the cuff without a lot of thought. Kind of the opposite of Kareem.

How much he cares about the Lakers from an existential standpoint is anyone's guess.

My guess is at least more than LeBron stans.

LBJ will put up 60 against the Thunder and all will be well in the world and everything will be Pelinka and Vogel's fault.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I disagree. Magic is very interested in the Lakers just like how most retired players who used to play the majority of their career for one team are. They would like their team to succeed but also have unrealistic expectations of how to achieve them. This is why he comes up with these crazy trade scenarios to get certain players to come to his team.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I mean Magic….

Quote:
Laker Nation, the blockbuster trade that’s bringing Russell Westbrook to the @Lakers is VERY exciting and will definitely make the Lakers a championship contender next season!

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1420909078939770883?s=21&t=XBBTxPjPRfuQj5JJuRpBSg

He had faith; like many of us and he was giving faith to the Laker fan base. I don't see anything wrong with this tweet.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

LBJ will put up 60 against the Thunder and all will be well in the world and everything will be Pelinka and Vogel's fault.

I find it weird that there are a handful of posters on LG who are so consumed by the scoring title -- I suspect you guys think about it way more than Lebron does.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I mean Magic….

Quote:

He had faith; like many of us and he was giving faith to the Laker fan base. I don't see anything wrong with this tweet.

It shows the lack of talent evaluation and disingenuous nature of his remarks.

He later turns on Russ, then he now says that we could have had DROZ instead of Russ...just a guy who sticks his finger to see which way the wind blows. He was a visionary on the court; off of it, basketball wise, not so much.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
TMG wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
2019 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I don't think Magic did a great job while he was President but it's still shocking the lengths people will go to defend the player who has led us to 10th place, 1st place, 7th place 11th place while simultaneously sh*tting on a legit Lakers legend who won us five titles and never finished lower than 2nd and won less than 53 games during every season he was here.

If you are LeBron first fan... I understand this... but if you are a Lakers fan and are crapping all over Magic... I don't get it at all... when LBJ's record here is truly abysmal by Lakers standards.

I don't really like the culture of the Lakers under Lebron.

This isn't the culture under LeBron. Its the culture under Jeanie.

How'd LeBron in Miami go? Arison, Riley and Spo ran the show.

The leader creates the culture on the court.

Culture extends beyond the basketball court. It starts with ownership and down.

On the court, it is the leaders, and I don't like Bron's.

Again pre Lebron this team was a disaster for years.

We can agree to disagree to that statement because the Lakers were rebuilding, but even by that logic, who was the leader on the floor? A leader changes the dynamic of a team on the floor; like Chris Paul on the Suns. It can be the extension of the coach Ala Pop and Duncan or the leader on the floor is bigger than the coach Ala Lebron, or a combination of the 2 Ala Phil and Kobe. The leader can drive the team to success. Lift them up, when things get rough. To be honest, I don't know if Bron ever wants to be the leader
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I find it weird that there are a handful of posters on LG who are so consumed by the scoring title -- I suspect you guys think about it way more than Lebron does.

Well, then let's see what happens.

Does he play 58 games?

Does he statpad if we are mathematically eliminated instead of resting?

My guess is yes, but sure... LBJ is oblivious according to you.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
Agreed, but it's as I said originally, some people have an absolute hatred for Magic Johnson, as some do for Lebron James. I don't know why, but it's there. So, objectivity takes a back seat in discussions about these legends.

Call it hate if you want, but Magic talks out of his posterior. A lot. Many of us are tired of his bluster and attention seeking. We'll always honor Magic as a player and as a Lakers icon, but sweet Jesus, he can be annoying.

Well said. I loved Magic the player. I consider current Magic a blowhard who is constantly seeking attention, even though he has nothing to say. However, I don't hate Magic; I just think he's pathetic.

Agree with a lot, but as far as nothing to say, isn't he typically in the role of a Jeannie surrogate when he gets on the shows?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

why are these ex-laker players attach to the Lakers like leech? you don't see MJ making comments on the state of the Bulls, Duncan about the Spurs, Larry Bird and Paul Pierce about the Celtics, do you? i want an ownership change so bad, i want Lakers to be run like a modern fortune 500 company, not like a mom and pop shop where every relative gets to voice their opinion about the business.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
why are these ex-laker players attach to the Lakers like leech? you don't see MJ making comments on the state of the Bulls, Duncan about the Spurs, Larry Bird and Paul Pierce about the Celtics, do you? i want an ownership change so bad, i want Lakers to be run like a modern fortune 500 company, not like a mom and pop shop where every relative gets to voice their opinion about the business.

MJ is the only one who can afford to buy his own NBA team. Plus MJ is the one who realizes that the greatness of the Bulls is solely due to him getting drafted there....he doesn't get drafted there they don't win any championships. The Bulls as a basketball team were getting outdrawn by the Blackhawks in their own arena prior to MJ.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I love how when magic says something that bums people out, he's "not really a fan" of the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: