LBJ P&M Doomsday Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

These guys saying one out of four are acting like it's not going to end up one out of eight if we are forced to watch the combined farewell/Bronny reunion tour.

If it stops now... Sure, one out of four isn't bad.

But it seems more likely we are going to be stuck with one out of seven or eight by the time this is over.

I didn't enjoy the Kobe farewell tour... but I understood it because he helped win us five titles... and we were getting draft picks

I have no use for watching five years of sh*t for one bubble title
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KobeIsTheOne wrote:
MJST wrote:
Mostly a failure and "won a Championship in 1 year, would have won 2 if not for injuries" isn't mostly a failure.

Every season that "failed" came down to injuries.

Be real. It's not JUST injuries.

Any of the other problems wouldn't have cost us more than injuries did.

Even last season, if AD and LeBron aren't hurt, we repeat as Champions.

The first season, we also got injuries at vital periods of time and didn't make the Playoffs. This season a disaster especially as our big 3 never ever played 4 consecutive games together all season.

No matter what other 'problems and drama'. Nothing cost this team more than injuries.

See this is the thing. People keep saying “if we didn’t have AD injuries”. And just then give us the championship. If we play the “if we didn’t have injuries”, then play that same game for Nuggets and Clippers. And the Lakers with a healthy AD and LBJ showed they could not beat a healthy Clippers team.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Our title was fluky imho since Miami made it to 4 straight Finals with Bron & the Cavs 2.0 also made it to 4 straight Finals.

We were mostly a non title threat that needed to exploit a pandemic with Bron’s 4 years here. Yikes!

Our FO failed and there’s no other way to look at it….at least from my vantage point.

we did have the best record in the west before the pandemic hit. I think the Clippers were our biggest hurdle but Doc Rivers is known for choking in the playoffs.

I wouldnt call it fluky at all. I really thought we were favs to win it along with the Bucks before the pandemic hit. Now if we were like a 6th or 7th seed, yeah then fluky can be said...that team chemistry wise was special and really reminded me of the 09 team. we blew out so many teams and no loss was a blowout for us.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
we did have the best record in the west before the pandemic hit. I think the Clippers were our biggest hurdle but Doc Rivers is known for choking in the playoffs.

Not only that but they won their last two games against the Clippers that season.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Our title was fluky imho since Miami made it to 4 straight Finals with Bron & the Cavs 2.0 also made it to 4 straight Finals.

We were mostly a non title threat that needed to exploit a pandemic with Bron’s 4 years here. Yikes!

Our FO failed and there’s no other way to look at it….at least from my vantage point.

I wouldnt call it fluky at all. I really thought we were favs to win it along with the Bucks before the pandemic hit. Now if we were like a 6th or 7th seed, yeah then fluky can be said...that team chemistry wise was special and really reminded me of the 09 team. we blew out so many teams and no loss was a blowout for us.

And what happened the season before?

AD “that’s all folked” it up in Nawlins, while Bron was also effectively shut down experiencing gro’in pains with our kiddies.

They both had lengthy offseasons to get right and ride that wave. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but that season also had our strength of schedule toughen up on the back end after a much softer opening.

Either way you look at it, that 2019/20 roster was a contingency after we had a kawhiet 2019 free agency. And then after winning in the bubble, the manufacturer of that roster blew it all up the first chance he got. You gotta wonder why that was…maybe running Bron at fulltime point wasn’t really sustainable.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:41 pm    Post subject:

We won a championship in the last 4 years.

That is a success.

We could have been more competitive if we had a competent front offices.

If you get two superstars, it is up to the FO to put the pieces around these players.

The FO failed.

This falls on Pelinka and Buss for making these decisions.

I appreciate that Lebron came here and helped us win one championship.

It is so hard to win. Look at the Suns and Jazz in the West. They have competed but never won anything.

Look at the Bulls, Celtics, Pistons, and Spurs that won in the late 1990 and early 2000.

They have not won.

It is not a failure.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Year 4 was the biggest disappointment by far.

Trading for Russ while giving up KCP and Kuzma was horrible.
Not bringing back Caruso was ridiculously stupid.
We didn’t make an effort to bring back Drummond, Wes, and Keef. Wes and Keef being guys that were dying to come back if called (along with Caruso).

Making Frank a lame duck coach with a half azz extension while bringing in guys that are slow or can’t play defense.

If they were not gonna support their coach they should’ve canned him and just promoted J kidd.

Year 4 is by far the most disappointing from a coaching and organizational standpoint.

Also hyping up THT and not including him in trades to turn around and trade all our assets for a guy who plays the same style and will hinder the kids growth.

This year has been a mess all around and so is this post of mine. Just needed to vent lol.

Agreed 100 percent.

This falls on the organization.

Terrible extension.

Did not even make an offer to Caruso.

Terrible trade.

This is not on Lebron and AD.

Pelinka, Rambis and Jeannie.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

And what happened the season before?

AD “that’s all folked” it up in Nawlins, while Bron was also effectively shut down experiencing gro’in pains with our kiddies.

They both had lengthy offseasons to get right and ride that wave. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but that season also had our strength of schedule toughen up on the back end after a much softer opening.

Either way you look at it, that 2019/20 roster was a contingency after we had a kawhiet 2019 free agency. And then after winning in the bubble, the manufacturer of that roster blew it all up the first chance he got. You gotta wonder why that was…maybe running Bron at fulltime point wasn’t really sustainable.

although I agree they did screw up their assets with the kawhi dream that year and the following year, it still doesnt take away from what they accomplished pre pandemic. They had a 5 game lead on the 2nd team in the west (clippers) on March 10th. pretty much wrapped up the number one seed. Both AD and and Lebron were healthy for the most part. yeah a freak injury could have occurred again with AD but they also had time to rest both of them with a large lead in the west...

I think you're more upset with the way they screwed up their assets and I'm with you. The Lakers FO kinda lucked into that season but the pandemic did not really help them win it. there was a great chance it was happening regardless of the time off.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Him, Jeanie and Pelinka have ruined our great franchise. I can't wait til everyone is gone.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject:

We won a chip.

Anyone saying franchise sold it's soul to Lebron/klutch whatever the hell clearly hasn't been watching the (bleep) that has been the Lakers pre Lebron. Spoiler alert. They had no soul or identity. We were the leagues punching bag.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:42 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We won a chip.

Anyone saying franchise sold it's soul to Lebron/klutch whatever the hell clearly hasn't been watching the (bleep) that has been the Lakers pre Lebron. Spoiler alert. They had no soul or identity. We were the leagues punching bag.

Lakers are still the league's punching bag my guy. One successful season doesn't change that.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
TMG wrote:
We won a chip.

Lakers are still the league's punching bag my guy. One successful season doesn't change that.

But if the suns, nets flame out we will get temporary relief until draft order comes out
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We won a chip.

Right we had no identity except we created the opportunity for 3 max slots..drafted DLO..BI..Lonzo..Kuz..Hart and Randle. Pretty damn good tank. You think Klutch came here to save us? They came here because we had a near impeccable rebuild.

I’m guessing you’re part of the crowd that thinks if Nunn was around this year things would be different.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Him, Jeanie and Pelinka have ruined our great franchise. I can't wait til everyone is gone.

Preach.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

This thread and his player thread are going to be crazy if he plays 2 more games, now that the Lakers are officially eliminated. Why would a veteran superstar come back for meaningless games if he is injured?

On another note, we haven’t heard a lot about LeKnee since that live footage of LeAnkle.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

This gonna be a long offseason
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This thread and his player thread are going to be crazy if he plays 2 more games, now that the Lakers are officially eliminated. Why would a veteran superstar come back for meaningless games if he is injured?

On another note, we haven’t heard a lot about LeKnee since that live footage of LeAnkle.

Why wouldn't he? It's not like if he gets injured it risks any postseason plans for the team, there's really 0 conflict of interest with team interests.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
XTC wrote:
1 title in 4 seasons? I’ll take that every time, especially when the Lakers won it for Kobe.

That other team that has 17 titles….? They’ve only won 1 title going back 30 years.

Unfortunately they are closer to a title currently and in the future than the Lakers are. Unless we get actual NBA pros in the FO it could be a dry spell. That is partially what turned the tide for Boston.

Closer doesn't mean squat if they don't win it.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject:

I’m totally disgusted with this Laker team. Embarrassing and unlikeable they are... However, the circumstances of the championship and other factors keep me from turning against LeBron.

We lost Kobe, nothing can make up for that, winning a championship in that aftermath was special

LeBron played PG, he didn’t just do well or have good games with assists, LeBron led the fricking league. Let that sink in. Basically LeBron went beast mode and choked out the NBA to win a ship for us

The Lakers sucked for many years before Lebron, we suffered through a lot of embarrassing seasons, that team in green looked poised to increase it’s lead but then, out of the ashes of the Magic debacle we are now tied at #17, so the tie breaker can be invoked... appearances, which we by far lead, so we are now unquestionably the best.

LeBron is (was) leading the league in scoring. Now of course there are stat padding critics... but not just anyone can decide, “you know what? I think I want to lead the league in scoring so I’ll pad my stats to get it done”. That is bs, you have to be exceptionally skilled to do as such. I’d rather have wins, but I also respect the effort to try to contribute to such at his age in the best way he can...LeBron has done his part.

LeBron can’t force Rob or Jeanie to do anything and it’s absurd to imply as much. They all had to agree. LeBron at pg won us a ship but it was not sustainable. We tried to fix that with Shroeder but he dissed us, and when he tried to come back at vet min to be Westbrook’s back up we dissed him. We got Westbrook instead of Derozan or Hield because we needed at pg, not sg. Yes; it was a mistake, can’t even say “in hindsight” because so many said it when it first happened. But still, I can see how the FO and LeBron make the mistake, logically.

I believe the best chance to get another championship in the next 7 or so years even if the chances aren’t great, is to try to get the right pieces around LBJ and AD.

A championship is worth more than we Laker fans take for granted, we need only look around the league at the Clippers x 2 (lob city and now), Houston, Brooklyn, Philly, Green team, maybe others that don’t have 1.

I’m pissed, embarrassed, humiliated, disgusted... but that won’t erase the appreciation on #17.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Why wouldn't he? It's not like if he gets injured it risks any postseason plans for the team, there's really 0 conflict of interest with team interests.

Because if you are injured for must win games, you don’t come back to play 2 meaningless games less than 5 days later just to win a scoring title. You are either injured…or you are not…
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Because if you are injured for must win games, you don’t come back to play 2 meaningless games less than 5 days later just to win a scoring title. You are either injured…or you are not…

OK, so injuries can and do heal. We all are not his medical team, how can we external observers know one way or another?
Frankly I don't care whether he plays or not, the season has ended for me, I was just trying to understand the point being made.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

OK, so injuries can and do heal. We all are not his medical team, how can we external observers know one way or another?
Frankly I don't care whether he plays or not, the season has ended for me, I was just trying to understand the point being made.

Here is the point. Say we are in the same situation, but Lebron is not in the scoring title race…would he play those 2 games he needs to qualify?

My answer is hell no. He would shut it down like he did in 2018-19. I expect nothing less from LeCalculated and a guy who had the decision years ago. I’ll actually tip my hat with respect if he doesn’t come back this season.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

Not exactly a complaint but it is wrong that I read the thread title as:

PB&J P&M?

I actually like PB&J.........LBJ (at 37), not so much....
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

I don’t see any prob with LeBron going for the scoring title. Why not? It doesn’t make up for the wasted season, doesn’t sooth any ruffled feathers sure...but it doesn’t create any probs either. Again...why not? Would it be just to pout with us after missing the post season? As if “you didn’t lead us to the post season so you don’t deserve it”.

I get that it’s meaningless without making the post season...but I see it as meaningless to pass up on the opportunity. It doesn’t hurt anything so try to make it into the record book.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
We won a chip.

And now we are the league’s punching bag
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: