Season's Over: What Are Your Plans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I’m watching a Korean television drama on Netflix right now and will probably add others to the list when I’m done. Squid Game and Parasite got me into Korean television.

I just finished Vincenzo and Crash Landing haha.

I’m hooked.

How strongly do you recommend them? I might watch those next if they’re that good.

I’m watching a show called Private Lives right now. It’s also on Netflix. Haven’t finished yet so can’t recommend for sure yet.

If you like action then Vincenzo is a must watch.

Crash landing only if you’re a hopeless romantic lol.

Both are very good.

I watched a movie called “Of Love and Leashes” (NSFW) a couple of weeks ago. I think it’s worth the two hours.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I’m watching a Korean television drama on Netflix right now and will probably add others to the list when I’m done. Squid Game and Parasite got me into Korean television.

I’ve got some shows that I need to catch up on too. Also I might buy that Horizon Forbidden West game on PlayStation.

Do you play any online multiplayer PS5? I would play something with you and anyone else here who does.

Thinking of trying the Grand Theft Auto re-release.

I’m still rocking the PS4. 😆

What games do you play? I highly recommend Final Fantasy VII remake and Resident Evil 2 remake.

Usually just NBA2K22.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Dodgers, F1 racing, maybe a couple golf tournaments to see how Tiger is doing.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

I can't say I'd root for the Clippers but I know if the Clippers somehow won that Jeanie would be more motivated to actually do something to change things.

I'm rooting for regime change so whatever takes place to get rid of Klutch will be the result I'd prefer.

Don't think it will happen, but that's what I'm hoping for.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Watch the Celtics and Clippers burn

i'm not hating on the Celtics like most of you guys do. i'd rather Celtics than Nets or Sixers comes out of the East
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I can't say I'd root for the Clippers but I know if the Clippers somehow won that Jeanie would be more motivated to actually do something to change things.

I'm rooting for regime change so whatever takes place to get rid of Klutch will be the result I'd prefer.

if it's between Clippers and Suns, i'd definitely root for the clips.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
danzag wrote:

i'm not hating on the Celtics like most of you guys do. i'd rather Celtics than Nets or Sixers comes out of the East

I like the Celtics players... but I don't want them to have more titles than us therefore I can't root for them.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

if it's between Clippers and Suns, i'd definitely root for the clips.

Yeah I don't have an irrational hatred of the Clippers because I'll be dead before they could ever catch us in titles. (Probably the world ending has a higher chance of happening before the Clippers could win 17 titles)

Much more worried about the Celtics winning than the Clippers.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Continue working on my handicap. Officially down to a 0.3 and want to get it to a + (plus) handicap.

Hit bombs.

Wow! Do tell. How many times you olayin’ / practice a week?
How old are you? Do you have a job? Married?

Just curious. I can’t play as much as I used to. Got down to a 2.3 at my peak. Kids and married life did away with the golf, although i just shot 76 / 75 on a florida trip at 53 years old this past January so i am happy!

Gonna shut out most of the NBA playoffs. No Lakers, no interest.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

I’m heading to Jersey/NY in a few weeks so hoping to catch a Nets playoffs game if I can get tickets.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I’ve got some shows that I need to catch up on too. Also I might buy that Horizon Forbidden West game on PlayStation.

Do you play any online multiplayer PS5? I would play something with you and anyone else here who does.

What games do you play? I highly recommend Final Fantasy VII remake and Resident Evil 2 remake.

Usually just NBA2K22.

I just finished Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, main story at least, and now I'm just mopping up on side quests, artifacts, errands.

I assume you've played Horizon Zero Dawn already? Awesome game, story, and storytelling particularly if you take in the messages you come across. It's a good backdrop to have before playing Forbidden West.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

My plans: Cheer for anyone who's playing the Celtics, first and foremost. Cheering against the Clips as well, sorry VLF, not a fan.

As for other plans, finish up a job I took on about a year ago, start enjoying more free time, hopefully a trip or two to see some NHRA drag racing events and maybe some rocket launches if SpaceX gets their BFR airborne this summer.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject:

More exercising, sleeping, golfing, fishing, reading, etc.

Just got back from a wedding up north and my golf game needs serious work. And I'd like to see CP3 win a ring this year.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Usually just NBA2K22.

I just finished Horizon Forbidden West on PS5, main story at least, and now I'm just mopping up on side quests, artifacts, errands.

I assume you've played Horizon Zero Dawn already? Awesome game, story, and storytelling particularly if you take in the messages you come across. It's a good backdrop to have before playing Forbidden West.

I think I'll pick it up. Complete set is like $15 bucks for PC...seems like a great deal.

I know it's sacrilege but I'm starting out RDR 2 right now and I just can't seem to get into it. Slogging around in the snow and the NPC's slow speaking drawl has been such a bore to start the game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Def always rooting against the Paperclips. I resent them more than the Cs at this point. The Cs are a historic and worth rivalry. The Paperclips are a joke that's gone on too long and I can't stand Balmer.

I plan to watch all the Playoffs through to the end (unless by cruel fate it's the Paperclips). I love BBall and it's different when the Lakeshow isn't in it because I don't care who wins/loses and I can just enjoy amazing athletes playing the game at the highest level.

Then enjoy my summer cos summer in California is a beautiful thing. (Outdoor concerts baby! 💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾💃🏾)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
My plans: Cheer for anyone who's playing the Celtics, first and foremost. Cheering against the Clips as well, sorry VLF, not a fan.

As for other plans, finish up a job I took on about a year ago, start enjoying more free time, hopefully a trip or two to see some NHRA drag racing events and maybe some rocket launches if SpaceX gets their BFR airborne this summer.

No need to be sorry, I’m not a big Clipper fan, they are local so it’s easy to catch their games. Space X has a launch from VSFB on the morning of the 15th. I was there last week and am hoping to get a link to their launch pad feed.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Usually just NBA2K22.

I think I'll pick it up. Complete set is like $15 bucks for PC...seems like a great deal.

I know it's sacrilege but I'm starting out RDR 2 right now and I just can't seem to get into it. Slogging around in the snow and the NPC's slow speaking drawl has been such a bore to start the game.

RDR 2 had it's good moments once it gets going but yeah there was some slogging. It's a solid game, but both Horizon games blow it away IMO.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

No need to be sorry, I’m not a big Clipper fan, they are local so it’s easy to catch their games. Space X has a launch from VSFB on the morning of the 15th. I was there last week and am hoping to get a link to their launch pad feed.

Quite a few youtube channels dedicated to SpaceX in particular and launches in general, they're starting to pick up on Vandenberg more and more. Awesome when they capture the sonic boom live as the booster is landing.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Going to watch the NBA playoffs. Nothing hits like the Lakers in the playoffs but there are some fun matchups.

Thinking about starting Ozark or Winning Time. Season 6 Peaky Blinders will definitely take my attention.

Will jack up my reading & exercising.

Maybe start a crowdfund to get one of those planes that have banners to fly over El Segundo with a Kurt Rambis Time for Retirement banner.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Go home and be a family man!

But seriously, my son just turned 3 years old yesterday and my other son will be 2 later this year. I have a good life with these kids and just going to continue trucking on until next season.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
danzag wrote:

No freaking way! No way no how no ever! /cant-wait-for-18
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Season's Over: What Are Your Plans?

yinoma2001 wrote:
So, I think we will likely be eliminated tonight officially. You know the Suns want nothing more than to embarrass us and finally eliminate us. So, what's on tap?

1. First, I'll root for the teams that play against the Celtics/Clippers. Once that's done, my rooting interests for the NBA wane considerably. I didn't even really watch anything after Celts/Clips were eliminated.

2. I'll probably spend more time exercising (I'm trying to swim 500+ miles this year, I'm at 100+ right now and averaging 10+ miles a week) and getting my body right.

3. I would generally like to spend less time on Lakers twitter, social media, etc. This past season, even last has just been so toxic as a Lakers fan. I need a reprieve though I keep getting drawn back in.

What are y'all going to do with all this spare Lakers time? I do think around the draft, you will see another swell of negativity in all Lakers spheres, and I do hope the Pels do not end up with a top 3 pick.

Just poppin' to say daaaaaaamn brotha, get it. Impressive. Doing something similar with running. Can't measure it precisely with my fitbit without doing more work, but YTD i'm just shy of 1M steps and I've gone 459 miles.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I'll selectively watch the basketball play-off's; hopefully the Clippers, Boston and Nets get bumped early.

Also, scout out low hanging fruit that the Lakers could target. Of course, they will not follow through, but, what the hell it gives me purpose.

AND, yes, watch baseball; I'm an east coast baseball fan so
nothing to discuss here; LOL.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Usually just NBA2K22.

RDR 2 had it's good moments once it gets going but yeah there was some slogging. It's a solid game, but both Horizon games blow it away IMO.

I tried Horizon when I had a PS4. The control stick just doesn't work for me coming from keyboard/mouse play. I could already tell it would have been a great game but I didn't give it a chance. Excited to try out the PC version on a 3080 + ultrawide.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
danzag wrote:

I like the Celtics players... but I don't want them to have more titles than us therefore I can't root for them.

That’s my dilemma.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: