I’m glad the season is over

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject: I’m glad the season is over

I was sad after last nights loss just like everybody else but now we can look forward to what can be done to fix this team and then do the problems that have been set in

I am not a fan of trading AD and LeBron Stars are so hard to come by in this league and we know this because we went through years of lottery pics hoping that they would turn into something more

Russell Westbrook was absolutely a mistake I don’t think anyone can say otherwise they’ve got to find someway to unload him not because he’s a bad fit for the team but because he’s bad for the chemistry of this team I feel like he is an albatross

Is it any coincidence that some of the best play we got from this team were from players that big money was not spent on like Reeves
We need to keep the stars we have and we need to surround them with more of these type of players and at the same time players like reaves need to go into the off-season working on their outside shot and the confidence in shooting it I’m ready for next season already
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

the key question is which franchise is dumb enough to take on WB's expiring contract? Teams have "wise-up" since the 2008 gasol steal. Lakers can ill-afford another season of his airballs then his macho high and might personality after each game.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

It's been a much too slow march to inevitable death.

Now I need to cheer against the Celtics for the remainder of the playoffs.

Most intriguing question for us is how will they get out of Westbrook? They seem hell bent on keeping cap space and free agency open for 2023.

Vogel will take the hit for this season. Pelinka will take the hit for next season...but he's got an out with cap space to work with after next season. Littlefinger is not going to back himself into a corner he can't escape from.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Most intriguing question for us is how will they get out of Westbrook? They seem hell bent on keeping cap space and free agency open for 2023.

Vogel will take the hit for this season. Pelinka will take the hit for next season...but he's got an out with cap space to work with after next season. Littlefinger is not going to back himself into a corner he can't escape from.

yea but isnt it better for Pelinka to get fired now?

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:

I just don't see it happening. Too many ways out for him right now. He can blame coaching for underachieving. He can blame LeBron for wanting Westbrook. He's too slippery.

I said he was going to find a way to get Magic's job and Magic will think it's his own idea to leave. You better believe Jeanie has had him in her and Linda's ear all season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

The positive thing going for us right now is we have not heard from Jeanie or what she thinks about our disappointing season without making the play in she might be really pissed off right now and could very well fire Pelinka
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

It was a hard reality check that this team was no good....better off than making the playoffs on false hopes with a sub .500 record get eliminated and then making minimal changes.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

I just don't see it happening. Too many ways out for him right now. He can blame coaching for underachieving. He can blame LeBron for wanting Westbrook. He's too slippery.

I said he was going to find a way to get Magic's job and Magic will think it's his own idea to leave. You better believe Jeanie has had him in her and Linda's ear all season.

The best thing "would be" for Jeanie to find a better replacement for Rob, but
I agree he will find a way for someone else to take the blame.

Putting together such a horrible cast was not easy, but Rob, Klutch, Lebron and whoever else was engaged really screwed up the year. You have to have a special lack of basketball team construction talent to fall this far; totally embarrassing TBH.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Why fire him? How about running klutch out of the front office and let pelinka do his job. I heard a rumor that he had trades of buddy hield and demar derozin lined up bit some leGm in klutch wanted Westbrook. Hmmm I wonder if that was true.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
the key question is which franchise is dumb enough to take on WB's expiring contract? Teams have "wise-up" since the 2008 gasol steal. Lakers can ill-afford another season of his airballs then his macho high and might personality after each game.

It'll have to be like the Porzingis deal, trade a disappointing star for 2-3 contracts another team doesn't want but who fit better with us

Russ is an expiring so that helps too, won't get a Pau Gasol back but maybe 2-3 solid starter level or 5-8 man type players.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Why fire him? How about running klutch out of the front office and let pelinka do his job. I heard a rumor that he had trades of buddy hield and demar derozin lined up bit some leGm in klutch wanted Westbrook. Hmmm I wonder if that was true.

Why fire him? Because he's been bad with his Job.

Regardless of what LeGm wants, he has the final say and therefore the responsibility to ensure the roster moves of the lakers work properly.

Take away the westbrook trade and most of his moves have been bad/questionable at best.

Why should we have faith in somebody who's never shown he's a good FO executive in the NBA on any level?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

It takes knowledge and cojones to make the right call; which
is Rob missing?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

It seems the team is going with the 'injuries are what derailed this season' narrative. I worry for next season if that's true
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:34 am    Post subject:

We'll be back next season with a chip.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Definitely not.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Reeves was only interesting thing to watch this season (occasionally Monk.).
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

Not a chance. We're a lotto team at the moment.

To go from a lotto team to championship team, you need to acquire a top 10 player without tearing down the core. Think KG to boston or AD to LAL 2 years ago.

No one is going to give us someone remotely that close with the assets we have right now, including the possibility of AD.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

is Rob missing?

Nope palinka can’t do his job till klutch is out of the front office. What needs to happens is Jenny needs to put her little crown on straight and put her foot down and tell legm and klutch the word .....NO.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
DrWolf wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

is Rob missing?

Nope palinka can’t do his job till klutch is out of the front office. What needs to happens is Jenny needs to put her little crown on straight and put her foot down and tell legm and klutch the word .....NO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: