What's up with Kurt Rambis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: What's up with Kurt Rambis

Reports out that he would dress down Vogel in the hallway and in practicesin front of his team with his angry tirades?

I liked Rambis as a player, but he's been a dick as a coach -- unable to relate to his players. Now a dick as a front office tyrant. I know he's married to Jeanie's BFF but he's shown absolutely no talent as a player evaluator, roster constructor, or public relations presence.

He seems easily irritated and refuses to publicly acknowledge responsibility.

So throw Lebron, AD, Westbrook and Vogel under the bus -- reinforce the perception around the league that the Lakers are an amateur and petty Mom/Pop family business and see how many players break down the door to play for the storied Laker franchise.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/players-texting-in-game-frank-vogel/

Last edited by Scherm on Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

He’s delusional and an idiot.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
He’s delusional and an idiot.

Pretty much
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Rambis is a bogeyman. I'm not sure that he really does much of anything. So now we have a "league source" claiming that Rambis "would get on Vogel in front of staff and players." That's pretty vague. And then we get this:

Quote:
“Magic knew what he was doing,” the source said. “I’m not sure who else there does.”

Oh, yeah. That's a good source.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Both Kurt and Linda Rambis are trash. Neither has any business in making any decisions when it comes to the Lakers.

Wish Jeanie would wise up and get rid of them both already.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Rambis is a bogeyman. I'm not sure that he really does much of anything. So now we have a "league source" claiming that Rambis "would get on Vogel in front of staff and players." That's pretty vague. And then we get this:

Quote:
“Magic knew what he was doing,” the source said. “I’m not sure who else there does.”

Plot twist: The source was Magic himself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:51 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Quote:

Plot twist: The source was Magic himself.

Plot hole: Magic doesn’t need anonymity to say his piece. He either schedules a First Take taping or takes to Twitter to air out his grievances…obviously!

If anything Magic has been made to be some type of bogeyman by a certain camp of the Laker fan base. Which is wild to me cause my count it has it at still 5 to 1 in what Earv has brought to us vs that other dude. Let’s not act like he had anything to do with Kob’s contributions here. Dude wasn’t with Kobe shooting in the gym /Rozay

Also I believe some of y’all reading that quote out of context. The “source” was an individual from the western conference and was stating how Magic knew what he was doing by quitting that dysfunctional leaky FO…unlike the rest of the members that choose to remain in his wake: Rob, Kurt, etc. There’s no way that source was stating Magic knew what he was doing while he was part of the FO…the statement where Earv believes we could have had both DeMar & Buddy while still retaining Kcp & AC should tell you enough that dude does not know how the salary cap works.

Here’s what proceeded that particular quote in that exposé…

Quote:
According to a Western Conference source, Magic Johnson left the organization because he couldn’t navigate the dysfunction.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

He made the team think Vogel was going to get fired with those antics and the locker room stopped following Vogel as a result. He was a team cancer this season. If he was going to act like that with Vogel he should've just installed himself as interim coach.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Vogel could have just resigned and thrown the front office under the bus BUT he needs the money and future opps.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Nearly 38 years later, Kurt has been around long enough that even Lakers fans are having second thoughts about that Kevin McHale clothesline.

Last edited by XTC on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
If anything Magic has been made to be some type of bogeyman by a certain camp of the Laker fan base. Which is wild to me cause my count it has it at still 5 to 1 in what Earv has brought to us vs that other dude.

It's not that hard to compartmentalize. Isiah Thomas was a Hall of Famer as a player. He was terrible at pretty much everything else he did. Joe Dumars was a Hall of Famer as a player. He won a title as GM, then ran his franchise so deep into the ground that it still hasn't recovered. Michael Jordan was arguably the greatest player ever, but he was a disaster with the Wizards and has accomplished little with the Hornets.

We'll always honor Magic as a player. He was annoying as a pundit, and he occasionally tweeted some really stupid stuff. But we forgave him for that, because he's Magic. But then he became team president. You know that a whole lot of the bad moves that you've listed from time to time happened on his watch. And then he just quit.

So thanks for the five titles, Magic. We'll always revere you for that. But damn, you were godawful as a team executive.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

AH: You’ve been living in these parts. You know exactly what I mean.

There was a large contingent that felt the incompetency of our FO was gone when Magic was out. Those folks believed we were in good hands and were left with an elite bunch at the executive level.

Nope!

Magic was rumored to be an absentee exec not putting in the work….which means someone else was putting in the work while Magic was out the office chilling in Bron’s driveway.

That same dude is still up there putting in the work…although I’d argue otherwise haha.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^

Well, sure. There have always been people who cheer for every move. Optimism doesn't offend me. I'm an old cynical cuss. The whole world doesn't need to be like me. I don't begrudge people for having hope.

It's not a joke that people cheered for the Mozgov and Deng signings. You know that people cheered for the Westbrook trade. And yes, people wanted to believe that Magic was going to live up to his name as team president. (And no, I don't mean "Earvin.") I respect people's right to be optimistic, even if the old cynical cusses like me are banging our heads against the wall.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

We have no clue of the FO structure still...I'm not sure they do either.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject:

No one believes this right? Magic quit live on air without telling his “sister “
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie and Rambis are making the Lakers look bad.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

This is the same guy who really roughed up Porzingis during the pre-draft workout to see how tough Porzingis really was. Not saying it cost us a franchise player or anything, but that kind of “old school” mentality belongs in high school, not in todays nba. Jeannie Buss, and the Rambis couple really stuck in a time machine they just can’t understand how modern nba works. Hey Kurt Rambis, have you heard of a thing call fully guaranteed contract? You can scream at Volgel all you want, he’s still getting his pay at end of the day, save your fake tough guy for high school basketball.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
He made the team think Vogel was going to get fired with those antics and the locker room stopped following Vogel as a result. He was a team cancer this season. If he was going to act like that with Vogel he should've just installed himself as interim coach.

Bingo, same thing I said all season long. Jeannie Buss and the Rambii know nothing about putting together a winning team, all they know is causing drama and back stabbing people to get where they want to be.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Hes cancer. The day we get rid of these entitled (bleep) i will celebrate like we won a championship

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

How many of you still say Jeannie is better than Jim Buss? Lakers were mediocre during Jim Buss days, but at least they operated as a normal nba franchise, with professional personnel in the front office. Right now it’s an (bleep) show, family bully can’t wait to kick out an outsider so he can take his spot in the family business.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
How many of you still say Jeannie is better than Jim Buss? Lakers were mediocre during Jim Buss days, but at least they operated as a normal nba franchise, with professional personnel in the front office. Right now it’s an (bleep) show, family bully can’t wait to kick out an outsider so he can take his spot in the family business.

This falls on Pelinka.

Jennie brought in Pelinka to make these decisions.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This falls on Pelinka.

Pelinka is nothing but a puppet/yes man.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:49 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This falls on Pelinka.

A Jeanie also empowered Rambis to undermine Pelinka's decisions. So there's that....

Thus, this, as everything else, ultimately falls on Jeanie.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject:

Jeanie, Rambis, Pelinka...
Can't wait to see them GONE.

This organization is a joke right now.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This falls on Pelinka.

A Jeanie also empowered Rambis to undermine Pelinka's decisions. So there's that....

Thus, this, as everything else, ultimately falls on Jeanie.

Exactly, "a fish rots from the head"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: