For you guys who want Vogel gone, who is going to replace him?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: For you guys who want Vogel gone, who is going to replace him?

Be realistic, not idealistic.

A new Laker head coach would have to:

1) Deal with Lebron James and Klutch manipulating the roster to suit Lebron's needs.

2) Rely on Anthony Davis to actually play the majority of the season (what a concept)

3. Deal with Russell Westbrook and all the fun stuff he brings.

4. Deal with a roster full of rift-raft, old, no defense playing has-beens (thanks Rob).

5. Deal with a roster that will potentially lose their best young players in Monk and Nunn.

6. Deal with the incompetent Robert Pelinka, who will change players on the team like he changes his underwear

7. Deal with the former perennial all star, all NBA, top 50 of all time, HOF former head coach Kurt Rambis, who has his job because he's married to Jeanie's BFF.

8. Deal with Jeanie Buss, whose greatest contribution to the Laker franchise was coming with up with the concept of the Laker Girls.

9. Deal with a front office that may fire his ass two seasons after he wins a NBA Championship.

10. Deal with a terribly spoiled, entitled Laker fan base that believes the Lakers MUST win a Championship every season, or else...

Is there anyone out there who would actually want this job?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21769

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject:

Quinn Synder.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 18827

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject:

That Laker Girls creation theme in Winning Time is not supported by the facts and Jeanie never claimed to have anything to do with it in her book. She wasn't known to be working with the team in 1979 much at all. That was artistic license by the show creators, possibly to have some female empowerment in the show? So we'll need to come up with another contribution to credit her for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Quinn Synder.


First, Synder hasn't done (bleep) but over-achieve and lose when it counts, and see his team blow huge leads. Second, what makes you think Synder wants to come to LA (see 1-10 above). I hear he may be heading to the Spurs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
That Laker Girls creation theme in Winning Time is not supported by the facts and Jeanie never claimed to have anything to do with it in her book. She wasn't known to be working with the team in 1979 much at all. That was artistic license by the show creators, possibly to have some female empowerment in the show? So we'll need to come up with another contribution to credit her for.


Not sure what else she's contributed then. I guess she fired her own brothers. Does that count?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 20612
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

I expect a retread coach with Lakers connections. That's all Jeanie knows, so she can talk (bleep) about "family" and "loyalty" while we're in the lottery.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: For you guys who want Vogel gone, who is going to replace him?

troy wrote:
Be realistic, not idealistic.

A new Laker head coach would have to:

1) Deal with Lebron James and Klutch manipulating the roster to suit Lebron's needs.

2) Rely on Anthony Davis to actually play the majority of the season (what a concept)

3. Deal with Russell Westbrook and all the fun stuff he brings.

4. Deal with a roster full of rift-raft, old, no defense playing has-beens (thanks Rob).

5. Deal with a roster that will potentially lose their best young players in Monk and Nunn.

6. Deal with the incompetent Robert Pelinka, who will change players on the team like he changes his underwear

7. Deal with the former perennial all star, all NBA, top 50 of all time, HOF former head coach Kurt Rambis, who has his job because he's married to Jeanie's BFF.

8. Deal with Jeanie Buss, whose greatest contribution to the Laker franchise was coming with up with the concept of the Laker Girls.

9. Deal with a front office that may fire his ass two seasons after he wins a NBA Championship.

10. Deal with a terribly spoiled, entitled Laker fan base that believes the Lakers MUST win a Championship every season, or else...

Is there anyone out there who would actually want this job?

You paint such a pretty picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: For you guys who want Vogel gone, who is going to replace him?

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:
Be realistic, not idealistic.

A new Laker head coach would have to:

1) Deal with Lebron James and Klutch manipulating the roster to suit Lebron's needs.

2) Rely on Anthony Davis to actually play the majority of the season (what a concept)

3. Deal with Russell Westbrook and all the fun stuff he brings.

4. Deal with a roster full of rift-raft, old, no defense playing has-beens (thanks Rob).

5. Deal with a roster that will potentially lose their best young players in Monk and Nunn.

6. Deal with the incompetent Robert Pelinka, who will change players on the team like he changes his underwear

7. Deal with the former perennial all star, all NBA, top 50 of all time, HOF former head coach Kurt Rambis, who has his job because he's married to Jeanie's BFF.

8. Deal with Jeanie Buss, whose greatest contribution to the Laker franchise was coming with up with the concept of the Laker Girls.

9. Deal with a front office that may fire his ass two seasons after he wins a NBA Championship.

10. Deal with a terribly spoiled, entitled Laker fan base that believes the Lakers MUST win a Championship every season, or else...

Is there anyone out there who would actually want this job?

You paint such a pretty picture.


But am I wrong?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: For you guys who want Vogel gone, who is going to replace him?

troy wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:
Be realistic, not idealistic.

A new Laker head coach would have to:

1) Deal with Lebron James and Klutch manipulating the roster to suit Lebron's needs.

2) Rely on Anthony Davis to actually play the majority of the season (what a concept)

3. Deal with Russell Westbrook and all the fun stuff he brings.

4. Deal with a roster full of rift-raft, old, no defense playing has-beens (thanks Rob).

5. Deal with a roster that will potentially lose their best young players in Monk and Nunn.

6. Deal with the incompetent Robert Pelinka, who will change players on the team like he changes his underwear

7. Deal with the former perennial all star, all NBA, top 50 of all time, HOF former head coach Kurt Rambis, who has his job because he's married to Jeanie's BFF.

8. Deal with Jeanie Buss, whose greatest contribution to the Laker franchise was coming with up with the concept of the Laker Girls.

9. Deal with a front office that may fire his ass two seasons after he wins a NBA Championship.

10. Deal with a terribly spoiled, entitled Laker fan base that believes the Lakers MUST win a Championship every season, or else...

Is there anyone out there who would actually want this job?

You paint such a pretty picture.


But am I wrong?

No I could debate some points but to me it’s all on brons age. The worst athletes to coach are old broken down stars. Every sport. We have never heard a bad word from a coach about Russ.

Ad though brittle is still intriguing due to age.

Everything else is the challenge that makes coaches want to coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 19597

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

The Lakers head coaching position reminds me of the job advertisements that list 3 peoples worth of work.

“Employee will interface with all divisions in the company.”

“Employee will be responsible for daily reports to management.”

“Employee will submit weekly reports to management and team members.”

“Employee will create and execute plans for all team members (~20).”

Additional Duties:

50 listed here

Salary: something 35% below market value.
_________________
Any team want to trade for our pickup basketball players?


Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 3664

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

I think it’s not about who we want anymore. It’s about who is sorry enough to accept the job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7167

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Who replaces Vogel is going to be interesting.

Especially after a lengthy and expansive search that is promised. After seeing the multiple comments and articles of how “ shameful” the Lakers handling of this firing.

It is the Lakers. So there will likely be a line willing to be next in line.

Going to have to be a strong personality willing to be the scapegoat, willing to sit in press conferences spewing BS about the changes and player accountability needed, and most of all not bruise the player egos or reputations.

Going to be interesting to see who “wins” this job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141065
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

Someone desperate for a head coaching gig.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 3465

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

Could be some interesting candidates
1) Sam Cassell
2) Nick Nurse if it were possible
3) The Howard/Rondo chatter is interesting

I'm sure other names will crop up, who knows how realistic any of them are
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 479

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

With how big of a mess the Lakers organization is as a whole right now, I'm going to have major concerns about the psychological state of mind of anyone that would be willing to accept the Lakers head coaching job right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Could be some interesting candidates
1) Sam Cassell
2) Nick Nurse if it were possible
3) The Howard/Rondo chatter is interesting

I'm sure other names will crop up, who knows how realistic any of them are


Would Cassell be an upgrade over Vogel? Vogel's stint as a HC with the Lakers

1) season one, NBA Champion
2) season two, 2nd round potential until key player injury
3) season three, missed the playin

Cassell has never been a HC. And you want to bring him onto a team with Lebron and Klutch lurking about? Westbrook's personality? Laker expectations for immediate success, especially in the AD and Lebron window? How about Rondo as an assistant...to the same team that he twice left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 7387

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

Rajon Rondo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Someone desperate for a head coaching gig.


Like Kurt Rambis?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 7167

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

Curious. Are their any coaches represented by Klutch?

If yes, put them at the top of the list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141065
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Someone desperate for a head coaching gig.


Like Kurt Rambis?


That wouldn’t surprise me
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 890

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

Will the search be expansive but not expensive?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2001
Posts: 5732

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

It'll likely be some new NBA coach (long time assistant type). Hopefully not a disaster like BShaw or Billups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 1087

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

isn't nick nurse a klutch client?

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Curious. Are their any coaches represented by Klutch?

If yes, put them at the top of the list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141065
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
isn't nick nurse a klutch client?

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Curious. Are their any coaches represented by Klutch?

If yes, put them at the top of the list.


He has two years remaining in his contract with Toronto.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 3965

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
It'll likely be some new NBA coach (long time assistant type). Hopefully not a disaster like BShaw or Billups.


In other words, it will have to be someone desperate to get their feet wet. Someone who must bend the knee and kiss the A of the likes of King James, Rob Worm-tounge Pelinka, Rambis the Ambitious, and Queen Jeanie, and enjoy each and every second of it. It cannot be someone strong enough to tell Lebron/Klutch to go to hell, to tell Rob to stop meddling with the roster, and to tell Rambis that he was barely a decent bench player in his prime, so stfu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB