******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Great,great W for the Heat tonight

Overcoming playing 5 vs. 8 is remarkable
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Tatum is a great player nevertheless please Boston just die so we can
move on with our summer.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Tatum doing Tatum things again. Gotta admit I was wrong and thought MIL would knock Boston out but I called him out a long time ago as the guy who lacks mental toughness to be a true #1. Hopefully the Heat make him pay....but damn the Celtics are good. Whenever they have their (bleep) straight they show they are the superior team but the same mental lapses that killed them 2 years ago keep showing up now. The difference? They are much better now than they were back then

We noticed that you disappeared when Tatum did lead his team to big playoff wins.

Game 6 with no pressure on him to drop 46 is not impressive. Game 7 was a team wide ass-kicking. What "leading" are you talking about? Had Tatum played (bleep) or even not played Game 7, the C's still would have won. You want to know what leading is? Try Paul Pierce in 2008 Game 7 vs Cleveland where if Pierce was not in that game, the Celtics have no chance against a Lebron that dumped 45 on their heads.

Besides why are u talking Clipper fan???
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Missed the game. Saw the score. Yay Miami.

What happened to Jimmy?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

Glad you didn't watch and just saw the results. The one sided reffing would have given you an ulcer sister.

Jimmy had some inflammation in his knee. I think he's going to be alrite for the next game.

On a tangent...Lowry, their floor general that averages 8 APG came back and Bam is now unlocked. Coincidence? I think not.
F Boston!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:22 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

knee inflammation, he never played in the second half. They def. missed him especially when the Celtics did there back2back Wheelchair Pierce Dedication where they had two guys screaming in extreme pain on the floor and had to immediately go to the locker room only to come back out minutes later to make the crowd erupt. The first one with Smart was pretty legit but I lost a little respect for Tatum doing it a bit later acting like his shoulder was destroyed only to come back on the floor 3-4 minutes later and immediately charge through Bam knocking him to the floor using said elbow with zero discomfort whatsoever .. WWF esque.. Jeff Van Gundy was even mocking him a bit over it.

Tatum reminds me more of a complete version of Booker then a legit Superstar in the Playoffs imo.. He is not consistent at all in big games and has shrunk quite a few times in his Playoff career during crunch time especially. He's still one of the best younger players in the league but i'm happy to see him shrinking in big moments if he remains a Celtic because when he's on he's obviously a huge problem. The Heat have taken him out for long stretches way too easily for how talented he is. The young excuse is growing old real fast.

The officiating in the game was also pretty ridiculous at times. Crazy the Heat still came out on top as it seemed like they were doing nearly everything they could to help Boston pull it off but they just kept effing up over and over.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Tatum doing Tatum things again. Gotta admit I was wrong and thought MIL would knock Boston out but I called him out a long time ago as the guy who lacks mental toughness to be a true #1. Hopefully the Heat make him pay....but damn the Celtics are good. Whenever they have their (bleep) straight they show they are the superior team but the same mental lapses that killed them 2 years ago keep showing up now. The difference? They are much better now than they were back then

Tatum is only 24. He'll end up with multiple rings.

Even getting 1 is far, far from a given.

Agreed...look what happened to the Kings. Chris Webber in 2002 was a superior player to Tatum now. The Kings back then in 2002 were better than the Celtics now. The Kings looked like the best team in the league. Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson are as clutch as anyone here on the Celtics.....remember how clutch Bibby was even if guys like Stojakovic and Christie wouldnt even touch rim when the games were tight???? Yet it never happened for the Kings

People said the same thing about Barkley when he was dominating as a Sixer.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject:

We're like one Butler and one Curry injury away from a Celtics championship. Scary.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler injury update: Heat star won't miss further time after leaving Game 3 with knee issue, per report
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/jimmy-butler-injury-update-heat-star-wont-miss-further-time-after-leaving-game-3-with-knee-issue-per-report/
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject:

Drink some bone broth Jimmy. Everyone's doing it for knee pain nowadays. Hell, get grass fed Tim to help you out.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

knee inflammation, he never played in the second half. They def. missed him especially when the Celtics did there back2back Wheelchair Pierce Dedication where they had two guys screaming in extreme pain on the floor and had to immediately go to the locker room only to come back out minutes later to make the crowd erupt. The first one with Smart was pretty legit but I lost a little respect for Tatum doing it a bit later acting like his shoulder was destroyed only to come back on the floor 3-4 minutes later and immediately charge through Bam knocking him to the floor using said elbow with zero discomfort whatsoever .. WWF esque.. Jeff Van Gundy was even mocking him a bit over it.

Tatum reminds me more of a complete version of Booker then a legit Superstar in the Playoffs imo.. He is not consistent at all in big games and has shrunk quite a few times in his Playoff career during crunch time especially. He's still one of the best younger players in the league but i'm happy to see him shrinking in big moments if he remains a Celtic because when he's on he's obviously a huge problem. The Heat have taken him out for long stretches way too easily for how talented he is. The young excuse is growing old real fast.

The officiating in the game was also pretty ridiculous at times. Crazy the Heat still came out on top as it seemed like they were doing nearly everything they could to help Boston pull it off but they just kept effing up over and over.

This is one reason why it is hard to like the Celtics, not just because as a Lakers fan. Their dishonorable tactics dating back tor Paul Pierce attics that maybe robbed Kobe of a 3peat.

And to do it twice possibly in the same game is beyond words
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
hype wrote:
TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

This is one reason why it is hard to like the Celtics, not just because as a Lakers fan. Their dishonorable tactics dating back tor Paul Pierce attics that maybe robbed Kobe of a 3peat.

And to do it twice possibly in the same game is beyond words

Not to mention their garbage fanbase. Screaming "BS" when people bring their kids to the game and they have to watch a bunch of adults yelling obscenities in unison. It goes back much further than the wheelchair incident. They would turn the heater on in the visitors locker room. The floor they had in the old garden had dead spots that only they knew about. Red Auerbach was a well known cheater. Trash city, trash fans and a trash organization...F boston!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

Glad you didn't watch and just saw the results. The one sided reffing would have given you an ulcer sister.

Jimmy had some inflammation in his knee. I think he's going to be alrite for the next game.

On a tangent...Lowry, their floor general that averages 8 APG came back and Bam is now unlocked. Coincidence? I think not.
F Boston!

Oh one of those games? Yikes. Glad the Heat were able to over come and I've been reading on the Twitters that Jimmy should be OK. Whew!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
TDRock wrote:

What happened to Jimmy?

Oh my . Although hearing JVG clown them would have been enjoyable.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

Really impressed with Jaylen Brown last night. The dude can turn it on and give you 30-40 points out of nowhere. It's just the careless turnovers that killed them, which is normal for a young team.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

Dang Oladipo for vet min on Heat. What a steal.

He came up huge for them with his defense.

If Lakers had the full MLE, he's the kinda guy we need.... injuries and all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Miami will have his early bird rights too.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Amazing how attractive a culture is with a great coach and program there. It’s no accident what they have done and all with taking back decision making from LeGM.

Before anyone responds, go check out what Kyrie said of his time in Cleveland…LeGM was in charge.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Amazing how attractive a culture is with a great coach and program there. It’s no accident what they have done and all with taking back decision making from LeGM.

Before anyone responds, go check out what Kyrie said of his time in Cleveland…LeGM was in charge.

Normally I'm not one to side with your pessimistic outlook on how our FO operates during these dark days but, this is pretty spot on.

In Lebron's defense he's only going about business with the hand he was dealt.
Jim and Mitch gave Kobe pretty much all the power as well with that mega max extension they offered him fresh off an Achilles injury.
Same can be said with Dr. Buss and Jerry West giving Magic all the power especially after Kareem retired.

The Lakers way seems to be always swinging for the fences for better or worse. Sometimes we win a championship or two in the process.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Amazing how competent management > billboards.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Normally I'm not one to side with your pessimistic outlook on how our FO operates during these dark days but, this is pretty spot on.

In Lebron's defense he's only going about business with the hand he was dealt.
Jim and Mitch gave Kobe pretty much all the power as well with that mega max extension they offered him fresh off an Achilles injury.
Same can be said with Dr. Buss and Jerry West giving Magic all the power especially after Kareem retired.

The Lakers way seems to be always swinging for the fences for better or worse. Sometimes we win a championship or two in the process.

KK, my man, I have zero issue with player participation in personnel decisions. It has always existed to a degree and probably at an all time high now.

What I have an issue with is holding the organization hostage and having little interest in working with the scouts, GM, etc. To me that’s the crux of the issue right now…Jeanie (like Gilbert and Arison) is tired of mortgaging everything at the whim of LeGM. The last straw was the Russ debacle. Owners might bend a bit when there is winning, but when you are one of the worst teams in the league with no prospects, picks AND you are paying the luxury tax…well that (bleep) doesn’t fly with anyone. 38 year old Lebron can’t cover for LeGM’s horrific mistakes.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Something tells me Celtics are going to come back and beat Miami this series. Miami is banged up Celtics wont turn the ball over again like that..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins could be creating a market for himself in these playoffs. Packaging him and Wiseman could get them a decent return.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Dpmcic doing the Curry shimmy

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wiggins could be creating a market for himself in these playoffs. Packaging him and Wiseman could get them a decent return.

After languishing in Minnesota for years why would he want to leave a championship team? He's not an alpha dog. He's a Robin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 199 of 299
Jump to: