******** 2022 NBA Playoffs Thread ********
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject:

9 nothing run. Dallas better step it up

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I had a funny feeling Luka would get hurt.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Thatโ€™s how you have to guard Luka, contact on every drive. The refs will call the foul no matter what. Nothing dirty but lots of contact.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I fell asleep because my job today kicked my butt however I am not surprised at the final score. I did not think Dallas would get swept. Back to SF we go...
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I fell asleep because my job today kicked my butt however I am not surprised at the final score. I did not think Dallas would get swept. Back to SF we go...

I was hoping that it'd go 5 at least just to see Chuck fight with the GSW fans again. "Ya'll suck too"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I look at Luka and what he's done and imagine how good they'd be with a legit #2. It'd be insane.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I look at Luka and what he's done and imagine how good they'd be with a legit #2. It'd be insane.

They'd likely be the favorites if they had a lot of the same role players as well for sure. There's not a single player on the roster after him that you can count on being consistent at a high level offensively game in and game out.

For me at least, Luka and Giannis were far and away the two best players I watched in the Playoffs this Season and if either of them had a second option they would have likely won it all (Middleton not being available in Giannis case).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I was deathly scared that Giannis would team up with Luka. Whew.

But Mavs already have 150m on the books for next season (before even considering what Brunson makes).

They will be hard pressed IMO to get a legit #2 option as they have some decent role players, but not much that a team would be giving up a legit #2 player in return. And they're too committed long term to too many role players already on the books.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

But Mavs already have 150m on the books for next season (before even considering what Brunson makes).

They will be hard pressed IMO to get a legit #2 option as they have some decent role players, but not much that a team would be giving up a legit #2 player in return. And they're too committed long term to too many role players already on the books.

Your post made me think: would you rather have their situation or the current Laker situation?
1 Top 3 star, 2 mediocre $20 million contracts, decent role players, over the cap, do have picks
2 stars (albeit 1 old, 1 injury-prone), 1 bad but expiring $45 million contract, over the cap, no picks
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I don't think the Mavs' situation is THAT bad, though.
IMHO they have 2 contracts that they should absolutely get rid of: Bertans ($16M) and Dinwiddie ($18M).

But they have most of their future draft picks and smaller contracts to move.

I think the Mavs are just waiting for the next "disgruntled star player" to appear, so they can throw multiple FRPs, some role players with big contracts and that's it.

Mark Cuban isn't dumb, he knows Luka is a once in a lifetime kind of player.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I think they are a bit better set up. In 2024-2025 NBA season, they are projected to have a practical cap space of ~56MM, which should be plenty for another star. To start that season, Luka will be 25, turning 26. Pretty good spot to be in.

They just need to be patient and not tie themselves to any bad contracts (like a Brunson). Just stay the course, work on developing a culture around Luka, add/develop some tertiary talent, and then go all in FA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I don't think the Mavs' situation is THAT bad, though.
IMHO they have 2 contracts that they should absolutely get rid of: Bertans ($16M) and Dinwiddie ($18M).

But they have most of their future draft picks and smaller contracts to move.

I think the Mavs are just waiting for the next "disgruntled star player" to appear, so they can throw multiple FRPs, some role players with big contracts and that's it.

Mark Cuban isn't dumb, he knows Luka is a once in a lifetime kind of player.

As we learned with Pau, you need the contracts to make a deal. Hoping with cap space and FA is risky, how many top FAs move?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I think they are a bit better set up. In 2024-2025 NBA season, they are projected to have a practical cap space of ~56MM, which should be plenty for another star. To start that season, Luka will be 25, turning 26. Pretty good spot to be in.

They just need to be patient and not tie themselves to any bad contracts (like a Brunson). Just stay the course, work on developing a culture around Luka, add/develop some tertiary talent, and then go all in FA.

Well, that's the issue though. They will likely feel pressure to sign Brunson to a long term deal lest they lose him for nothing.

I think they will have a bunch of non-all star role players (think of having a bunch of KCPs) that will start making more $$$. Are they tradeable? Sure. But you'll have to dump a ton of future 1sts to get an all star level player in return.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Buck
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Herro still out but at least J Buckets is playing. No pressure, but pressure Jimmy. #WeAreAllHeatFans
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Tatum looks like he's hurting

Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Heat are going to lose this game and the next, they just canโ€™t score enough to keep up on the regular.

Buck Foston!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Heat are going to lose this game and the next, they just canโ€™t score enough to keep up on the regular.

Buck Foston!

Thank you Nostradamus. Have you also communicated with Miss Cleo?

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Way better start than last game.
But both teams suck.
Either that or both teams are amazing at defense.
Naw, both teams just suck.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Playing mad tight, growing pains
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

tatum hurt. hate to see it. NOT! lol
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Lowry is a corpse out there.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Celtics in 6. No team is going to stop Boston, their defense is one the best since the 04 Detroit Pistons.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Lowry is a corpse out there.

And yet some LGers wanted him over Westbrook.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Did they just get three OREBs and miss badly three times in a row?! lawedT

Come on Miami. Pull it back together...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 205 of 299
Jump to: