Rob Pelinka needs to go, We won in 2020 despite of him
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: D

petergr wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

lol damn who gets any credit?

Vogel was good and definitely contributed. Most credit goes to the best NBA player in the last 2 decades deciding to relocate to Los Angeles

Vogel/Kidd/Hollins was a good coaching crew, and we had a roster that bought into Vogel’s defense. I’ll give Pelinka some credit for that, even if it wasn’t his preferred plan. But in the end the title was about Lebron and Davis, especially Davis.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:06 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
The bubble is why we won. Along with Vogel’s ability to keep team focused.

/faced

Fun fact: the half-life of people who care about the 2020 championship being in the bubble is one year. So, going by data from Statista on number of Facebook fans of NBA teams, I get something like 175 million people (assuming no people like multiple teams, unlikely, but we'll assume something conservative). So with a half-life of one year, by the end of this season we'll have something like 44 million people who still care about the bubble. In 5 years it will be something like 1.4 million. In a decade it will be about 42,000. Or about how many people still bring up the Spurs 1999 title. Literally no one will care in a few years. It doesn't matter. Which, as I always point out, literally no one cares, except me, that the Celtics won like a million championships in a league of 7 other teams and 2 rounds in the playoffs. And so twenty years from now Halflife, you're going to be a lone voice in the wilderness shouting about the bubble and no one is even going to know what you're talking about.

Seriously, the bubble is a dead, rotting horse that requires no further beating. Walk away and leave it alone already.

It'll be like no one immediately saying asterisk about the 99 Spurs or whatever team won in 12 w/ 66 gms. Much of the kids posting on UnrealGM and the like were embryos, zygotes, or just plain goo in 99. They don't know what that farcical season was like and it don't bother em none this many years off. And I'm just being kind to the aholes who spout bubble and run along. Lakes were across the nation for 3 months w/o their fams/beds.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

COVID

Does that include the best-in-the-Western Conference record (and 2nd in the league) prior to Covid?

The previous season? They had a full 4+ months after that before the 8 game season. If you think that didn’t matter then you are lying to yourself.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

COVID

Does that include the best-in-the-Western Conference record (and 2nd in the league) prior to Covid?

The Lakers were the best team when the season got suspended.

I bet the tune would be different if his choking clippers won in 2020.

Maybe you weren’t on LG before the 8 game season. Or maybe you just post without knowledge of what you are posting about.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

COVID

Maybe you weren’t on LG before the 8 game season. Or maybe you just post without knowledge of what you are posting about.

Did I strike a VCF button?

I was here the entire time. I noticed you disappeared after the Lakers won the 2020 title. Also, you conveniently didn’t mind the 8 game season when the Lakers weren’t particularly playing well in those 8 games…well except for that game where they beat your clippers and then it didn’t count right?
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

COVID

Did I strike a VCF button?

I was here the entire time. I noticed you disappeared after the Lakers won the 2020 title. Also, you conveniently didn’t mind the 8 game season when the Lakers weren’t particularly playing well in those 8 games…well except for that game where they beat your clippers and then it didn’t count right?

Lakers smashed the Clippers before the break too. The Bucks as well. James ans Davis were AllNBA first team both. Davis Alldefense 1st. But sure, they won because of the break, otherwise the clippers who didnt want to be there would have won

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
We won despite Vogel
We won despite Jeanie
We won despite Magic
We won despite Pelinka

COVID

The previous season? They had a full 4+ months after that before the 8 game season. If you think that didn’t matter then you are lying to yourself.

Before the 4 month break that exact same team had the 2nd best record in the league. That shows that at that point in time that team, with pretty much that same makeup, was capable of contending.
We will never know how history would have unfolded but summarily dismissing that team's (proven) capability and laying its success 100% at Covid's feet is being disingenuous.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: