ING-GAWD Sending the Fllppers home!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

Clippers
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Gone fishing
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
BI for AD straight up. lol. But we still won a championship. Right? right? right guys? We've won a championship with AD and that's all that matters.

BI hasn’t won (bleep). If you don’t think a championship is a big deal, imagine the Clippers winning one.

The big mistake wasn’t getting AD. The big mistake was getting Westbrook oh excuse me Westbrick.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
BI for AD straight up. lol. But we still won a championship. Right? right? right guys? We've won a championship with AD and that's all that matters.

Do you still want to be staring up at the Celtics?
Do you not want to win it the year kobe died?

What if the Celtics won this year? Then we'd be staring up at them while having nothing left. We mortgaged our future for AD so the only way to really improve the team is by scouring the undrafted market to find the next Caruso.

We've won a championship but it's not enough. We were winning championships at a much faster pace.

The league has made it tougher for big market teams to win.

And I’m sure Celtics fans were vomiting when our team won that title. Maybe the Celtics win it this year, maybe they don’t win in the next 50 years. Either way, our team caught them.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers won a title two years ago. That’s true. Clippers are also much better run and have a deep pocketed owner and a better front office. That’s also true. Neither of these are mutually exclusive.

Lakers have been to the playoffs twice in 9 seasons. Two years after said title they won 33 games which is utterly insane.

Lakers should focus on getting their house in order.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Lakers won a title two years ago. That’s true. Clippers are also much better run and have a deep pocketed owner and a better front office. That’s also true. Neither of these are mutually exclusive.

Lakers have been to the playoffs twice in 9 seasons. Two years after said title they won 33 games which is utterly insane.

Run better?
They paid kl, knowing he was going to miss a year and who has a degenerative leg issue.

They gave up young quality and vet players along with 5 frp for a guy who also gets hurt and shrinks.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

BI hasn’t won (bleep). If you don’t think a championship is a big deal, imagine the Clippers winning one.

The big mistake wasn’t getting AD. The big mistake was getting Westbrook oh excuse me Westbrick.

I've brought up countless times why it wasn't a big deal. If people are comparing the Clippers to the Lakers now, then the Lakers have sunken much lower than I thought. Back in the Kobe days, people didn't even know the Clippers existed let alone being mentioned in the same sentence as the Lakers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I've brought up countless times why it wasn't a big deal. If people are comparing the Clippers to the Lakers now, then the Lakers have sunken much lower than I thought. Back in the Kobe days, people didn't even know the Clippers existed let alone being mentioned in the same sentence as the Lakers.

It was pretty much exactly the same thing "Back in the Kobe days" if not worse imo.. They had a much better and more consistent team with the lob city years who were always propped up during the season and were considered one of the more exciting teams in the League for a little while. I remember people around me saying the Clippers were about to take over LA and run Kobe out of the city. They were still overall pretty much a joke though just like they still are to this very day. Just like the current version they melted in the Playoffs or had injuries.. Some things just never change.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Run better?
They paid kl, knowing he was going to miss a year and who has a degenerative leg issue.

They gave up young quality and vet players along with 5 frp for a guy who also gets hurt and shrinks.

Kind of crazy this is a Lakers board sometimes

The Lakers have plenty of things they need to fix for sure but the Clippers sure as hell aren't looking like anything close to a Championship level team either though that's for sure and with all the great "assets" they gave up for a roster headed by two heavily injured guys that are only getting older, the future is not looking bright at all. Kind of weird to prop them up like they did something worthy of it?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Hate the Clippers but injuries suck. They do, however, know how to build a team. They have enough depth to win 40 games without their superstars. No other team has that luxury, except maybe the Raptors. Lakers could learn a thing or two from it.

I still want to see a hallway series, because I know 95% of the fans in the "away" games will be Laker fans.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I would say Donald Sterling was the reason nobody talked about the Clippers. At least until he was gifted CP3.

I do agree with you on people talking about the Clippers too much though. We have a 400 page thread about the Clippers which I think is a little embarrassing.
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Play in format is BS. The Clippers were a full 6 games up in the Pelicans. They earned their playoff spot. The original play in was a get Zion in the bubble rule and Ingram and Zo sucked and failed in the bubble. Then last year they tried to do it again but the Pelicans sucked. This year they got in with a record well under 500 over a team that earned their playoff spot and record because PG got a positive test the day of the game. It’s BS

stop crying
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Clippers

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

Not as insane as the Warriors who two year after a title won 15 games. They also went from making the NBA finals to winning 15 games in the period of one year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

What if the Celtics won this year? Then we'd be staring up at them while having nothing left. We mortgaged our future for AD so the only way to really improve the team is by scouring the undrafted market to find the next Caruso.

We've won a championship but it's not enough. We were winning championships at a much faster pace.

We were winning championships at a much faster pace when? 1999-2003? We won within 18 months. If we hadn't gotten all greedy, thrown away picks & tried to get a 3rd star (and the worst one possible) and instead built smartly, we'd be a competing for a title this year.

Getting AD was 1000000% the right move You can aqua we overpaid by the cost of Darius Garland or a couple future 1sts and I won't fault you. You argue we should have waited for AD to become a FA and instead added him to LeBron, BI, Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, Garland... I won't argue that either I suppose but that also would have meant to 2020 title although we'd likely have won last season or this.

I guess my point is that knocking the AD trade is a bit short sighted and silly.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

We were winning championships at a much faster pace when? 1999-2003? We won within 18 months. If we hadn't gotten all greedy, thrown away picks & tried to get a 3rd star (and the worst one possible) and instead built smartly, we'd be a competing for a title this year.

Getting AD was 1000000% the right move You can aqua we overpaid by the cost of Darius Garland or a couple future 1sts and I won't fault you. You argue we should have waited for AD to become a FA and instead added him to LeBron, BI, Lonzo, Kuz, Hart, Garland... I won't argue that either I suppose but that also would have meant to 2020 title although we'd likely have won last season or this.

I guess my point is that knocking the AD trade is a bit short sighted and silly.

The odds of us winning without the bubble seem pretty low. If you put it in a computer simulation... we probably lose way more often than we win.

You mention how we overpaid... but these magnitudes of ten to twenty percent overpays don't rear their head until later on down the line.

If you buy a house for 1,000,000 instead of 800,000... and have to liquidate your IRA to get into it... of course you will have the initial euphoria of home ownership but then when you retire you realize only then how bad off you are. I get it's not a perfect analogy because of the title... but again... the title was a fluke... and if we didn't win... then it's an unmitigated disaster.

You can be grateful that the stars aligned and we won 17.

But to say you'd do it over and over again... is stubborn and foolhardy and the dysfunction of the front office only proves we were lucky.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

how many championships did we win since 2011?
if the celtics win this year then it would be 16-18 without the AD trade
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

The odds of us winning without the bubble seem pretty low. If you put it in a computer simulation... we probably lose way more often than we win.

I disagree. The Lakers were the best team that year, bubble or not. The defense was dominant and AD was at the top of his game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I disagree. The Lakers were the best team that year, bubble or not. The defense was dominant and AD was at the top of his game.

Lakers haters conveniently forget that we were leading the West and destroyed both the Clippers and the Bucks in the week before covid

Team was on a roll, playing like champs all season long
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Lakers haters conveniently forget that we were leading the West and destroyed both the Clippers and the Bucks in the week before covid

No, they did not play like champs all season, they lost to the Clippers for example early on. I was worried that they didn't have it. But you are right that they were on a roll and looked like the best team in the period before Covid shut it down. That was when I thought we were the best.
But you never know with injuries over a normal regular season and long playoffs wearing down even if not injured right then during the playoffs but earlier. Bubble title was real to me but the long haul point is a valid argument to bring up uncertainty of it. Speculation, but I still believe we'd get it because we have even more time together, more time to develop system, and role players could have taken on more minutes. Either way, ring was legit.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
danzag wrote:
ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

No, they did not play like champs all season, they lost to the Clippers for example early on. I was worried that they didn't have it. But you are right that they were on a roll and looked like the best team in the period before Covid shut it down. That was when I thought we were the best.
But you never know with injuries over a normal regular season and long playoffs wearing down even if not injured right then during the playoffs but earlier. Bubble title was real to me but the long haul point is a valid argument to bring up uncertainty of it. Speculation, but I still believe we'd get it because we have even more time together, more time to develop system, and role players could have taken on more minutes. Either way, ring was legit.

Real question should be, how would next season look if the team got proper rest

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/clippers-vs-lakers-record-last-10-seasons

I'd argue the Lakers haters are the ones who enjoy this team management.

How is it hating the Lakers to point out the reality of the situation?

Did we get hot and deserve the title? Absolutely.

But we were lucky... not only by AD getting hot... but by signing Rondo and Dwight for minimums when they were still worth way more than that.

Hating the Lakers is wishing four more years of the LeBron farewell tour on them. Wanting a fresh start is hardly hating them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The big mistake is still Pelinka bidding against himself to get AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

laker hater? You hate to acknowledge that 3 out of the 4 years (bubble being the only one) that bron no longer has the physical makeup to stay healthy. Everyone acknowledges the title, but having 4+ months to rest, and not having to deal with travel was a great benefit to the old guy and his running mate who "oh by the way" has missed half of the season in b2b years because he too can't avoid getting hurt.

Its not about standings, its about the marathon which neither of our top two guys have proven they can handle....outside of the bubble year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Run better?

Kind of crazy this is a Lakers board sometimes

The Lakers have plenty of things they need to fix for sure but the Clippers sure as hell aren't looking like anything close to a Championship level team either though that's for sure and with all the great "assets" they gave up for a roster headed by two heavily injured guys that are only getting older, the future is not looking bright at all. Kind of weird to prop them up like they did something worthy of it?

The teams aren’t that different, but gave up a bunch of assets for vets who are often injured. The big difference is that the Clippers now have an owner who brought in solid basketball execs to run the team while Jeanie brought in her friends. And Balmer will have even more money to spend when he builds his own arena. Someone like Reaves would be the 8th or 9th guy on the Clippers even with PG and Kawhi out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: