ING-GAWD Sending the Fllppers home!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
danzag wrote:
ducasse wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

The odds of us winning without the bubble seem pretty low. If you put it in a computer simulation... we probably lose way more often than we win.

I disagree. The Lakers were the best team that year, bubble or not. The defense was dominant and AD was at the top of his game.

Lakers haters conveniently forget that we were leading the West and destroyed both the Clippers and the Bucks in the week before covid

Team was on a roll, playing like champs all season long

No, they did not play like champs all season, they lost to the Clippers for example early on. I was worried that they didn't have it. But you are right that they were on a roll and looked like the best team in the period before Covid shut it down. That was when I thought we were the best.
But you never know with injuries over a normal regular season and long playoffs wearing down even if not injured right then during the playoffs but earlier. Bubble title was real to me but the long haul point is a valid argument to bring up uncertainty of it. Speculation, but I still believe we'd get it because we have even more time together, more time to develop system, and role players could have taken on more minutes. Either way, ring was legit.

The ring is legit, it was the season that was a disaster.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Lakers won a title two years ago. That’s true. Clippers are also much better run and have a deep pocketed owner and a better front office. That’s also true. Neither of these are mutually exclusive.

Lakers have been to the playoffs twice in 9 seasons. Two years after said title they won 33 games which is utterly insane.

Lakers should focus on getting their house in order.

Run better?
They paid kl, knowing he was going to miss a year and who has a degenerative leg issue.

They gave up young quality and vet players along with 5 frp for a guy who also gets hurt and shrinks.

Kind of crazy this is a Lakers board sometimes

The Lakers have plenty of things they need to fix for sure but the Clippers sure as hell aren't looking like anything close to a Championship level team either though that's for sure and with all the great "assets" they gave up for a roster headed by two heavily injured guys that are only getting older, the future is not looking bright at all. Kind of weird to prop them up like they did something worthy of it?

The teams aren’t that different, but gave up a bunch of assets for vets who are often injured. The big difference is that the Clippers now have an owner who brought in solid basketball execs to run the team while Jeanie brought in her friends. And Balmer will have even more money to spend when he builds his own arena. Someone like Reaves would be the 8th or 9th guy on the Clippers even with PG and Kawhi out.

I can't disagree with any of what you said, sadly. They need new Superstars though because the role players might grind enough for a low seed in the regular season but they aren't winning it all with Kawhi and PG anymore imo.. I will say though this next Season there's a small chance the stars could align for them even if I don't see it happening but after that it's looking gloom as long as these two are getting max.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: