Which Westbrook Deal Would You Prefer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Westbrook Trade Do You Prefer?
Brogdon and Hield
57%
 57%  [ 30 ]
Rozier and Hayward
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
Neither, just waive him
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 52

joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

None of the above, including the waiver option.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Option 4 - neither, just play out his contract.

If someone’s marriage comes to a end because of lack of understanding do you just tell the person to wait it out?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

If someone’s marriage comes to a end because of lack of understanding do you just tell the person to wait it out?

U R AMAZING!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Doesnt Rozier have a contract until 2026?

Yep. He's getting paid $25 million/year until 2026. They need to avoid Rozier. If they *have* to do a deal with Charlotte and get rid of Westbrook, I'd much rather take Hayward and Oubre, because we could possibly move Hayward as an expiring next year.

He does but his performance has turned what was originally a head scratching contract when they signed him into not being a bad contract. The last three seasons he's put up:

18/4.4/4.1/1.0 on 40.7% from three
20.4/4.4/4.2/1.3 on 38.9% from three
19.3/4.3/4.5/1.3 on 37.4% from three

He's taking over 8 three pointers per game over the past two seasons. He's also not a bad defender and just turned 28.

Buddy Hield's contract expires two years earlier and it reduces its money over the years, so he's a bit cheaper in the final year (only $18m then, $22m now). That type of contract is beneficial for the Lakers. However as a player I'd take Rozier over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

His last three years:

19.2/4.6/3.0/0.9 on 39.4% from three
16.6/4.7/3.6/0.9 on 39.1% from three
15.6/4.4/2.8/0.9 on 36.6% from three

He has taken a couple more threes per game and is averaging 9 per game this season, 10 per game last season. But he's a terrible defender. He turned 29 four months ago. So is a bit more than a year older than Rozier.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Doesnt Rozier have a contract until 2026?

Yep. He's getting paid $25 million/year until 2026. They need to avoid Rozier. If they *have* to do a deal with Charlotte and get rid of Westbrook, I'd much rather take Hayward and Oubre, because we could possibly move Hayward as an expiring next year.

He does but his performance has turned what was originally a head scratching contract when they signed him into not being a bad contract. The last three seasons he's put up:

18/4.4/4.1/1.0 on 40.7% from three
20.4/4.4/4.2/1.3 on 38.9% from three
19.3/4.3/4.5/1.3 on 37.4% from three

He's taking over 8 three pointers per game over the past two seasons. He's also not a bad defender and just turned 28.

Buddy Hield's contract expires two years earlier and it reduces its money over the years, so he's a bit cheaper in the final year (only $18m then, $22m now). That type of contract is beneficial for the Lakers. However as a player I'd take Rozier over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

His last three years:

19.2/4.6/3.0/0.9 on 39.4% from three
16.6/4.7/3.6/0.9 on 39.1% from three
15.6/4.4/2.8/0.9 on 36.6% from three

He has taken a couple more threes per game and is averaging 9 per game this season, 10 per game last season. But he's a terrible defender. He turned 29 four months ago. So is a bit more than a year older than Rozier.

I understand you like Rozier, but would you take Hayward as well? Or would you forward him to Indy for Brogdon/Hield?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately he couldn’t prove it but nunn is close to rozier
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Brogdon and Hield would bring us closer to elite status. If he stays relatively healthy, Brogdon is a good defender and he can handle the ball, score and get others involved.

All we would need to add is a couple of 3-and-D wings/forwards and a center who defends and hits 3s.

That squad, if healthy, could win it all.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Brogdon and Hield would bring us closer to elite status. If he stays relatively healthy, Brogdon is a good defender and he can handle the ball, score and get others involved.

All we would need to add is a couple of 3-and-D wings/forwards and a center who defends and hits 3s.

And to get that, we have . . . the taxpayer MLE, if we don't use it on Monk. Otherwise, we have the vet min.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

And to get that, we have . . . the taxpayer MLE, if we don't use it on Monk. Otherwise, we have the vet min.

That may be enough if management ends its man-crush on elderly players and if Reaves, Gabriel and Stanley Johnson become good 3-point shooters.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook for Hield + Turner
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

If either trade goes through, I would not spend the MLE on Monk. Not that I don't like Monk, but both trades involve getting mainly backcourt players in return. We also have Reaves and Nunn on the bench. My MLE target would be someone like Boucher
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
If either trade goes through, I would not spend the MLE on Monk. Not that I don't like Monk, but both trades involve getting mainly backcourt players in return. We also have Reaves and Nunn on the bench. My MLE target would be someone like Boucher

Robert Covington or Kyle Anderson would be great with tMLE. Get a center via min- I nominate Damion Jones (starter) + Thompson or Ibaka.

This is why I am trying to trade Russ for as many quality bench pieces as possible no matter the number of years because it's going to hard to get a handful of quality one with just tMLE and minimums.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I understand you like Rozier, but would you take Hayward as well? Or would you forward him to Indy for Brogdon/Hield?

Yeah I'm not sure about that. If you could get Oubre and filler instead that would be ideal. But if the only offer on the table was Rozier and Heyward I'd take it. I think Hayward still has a bit left in him, but his injuries are an issue. He'd be a better fit with Lebron and AD though than Westbrook and only has two years left on his deal. So I'd take it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Same thing with Brogdon and Hield. It isn't ideal. Brogdon is a better player than Hayward at this stage of his career and is younger. His injuries have been pretty bad though. He's played 7 games fewer than Heyward over the past 4 seasons and his contract runs a year longer. When he plays though Brogdon would be a nice addition. I'm not a huge fan of Hield though. I feel like he's extremely overrated on these forums. He can stretch the floor, but he hasn't hit 40% three point shooting in the past three years and that is the only thing he excels at.

Of those two trades though I'd probably lean towards Brogdon and Hield. But if you could use a combination that doesn't include Heyward I think Rozier is the best overall fit in that group. But Heyward is also the worst contract.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Robert Covington or Kyle Anderson would be great with tMLE. Get a center via min- I nominate Damion Jones (starter) + Thompson or Ibaka.

This is why I am trying to trade Russ for as many quality bench pieces as possible no matter the number of years because it's going to hard to get a handful of quality one with just tMLE and minimums.

I don’t see any reason why the Clippers will not resign Covington. They have his bird right so can offer him more money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure about that. If you could get Oubre and filler instead that would be ideal. But if the only offer on the table was Rozier and Heyward I'd take it. I think Hayward still has a bit left in him, but his injuries are an issue. He'd be a better fit with Lebron and AD though than Westbrook and only has two years left on his deal. So I'd take it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Same thing with Brogdon and Hield. It isn't ideal. Brogdon is a better player than Hayward at this stage of his career and is younger. His injuries have been pretty bad though. He's played 7 games fewer than Heyward over the past 4 seasons and his contract runs a year longer. When he plays though Brogdon would be a nice addition. I'm not a huge fan of Hield though. I feel like he's extremely overrated on these forums. He can stretch the floor, but he hasn't hit 40% three point shooting in the past three years and that is the only thing he excels at.

Of those two trades though I'd probably lean towards Brogdon and Hield. But if you could use a combination that doesn't include Heyward I think Rozier is the best overall fit in that group. But Heyward is also the worst contract.

My preference roster-wise, is to get more long wing defenders. At one point this season, we had like 8-9 players who were 6'3 and under. Just not good roster construction.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I don’t see any reason why the Clippers will not resign Covington. They have his bird right so can offer him more money.

Yeah the Clippers will offer both Covington and Batum more than we can just to keep them away from us. My best hope for the tMLE is Otto or Taurean Prince and I'll admit that's quite a stretch in a weak wing market otherwise. Outside of a Russ trade, the realistic side of me says our best hopes at quality wings are more along the lines of Daniel House Jr or Stanley developing his 3-ball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

I think Clips have an under-the-table deal with Batum. They'll have his Early Bird rights now. It was pretty inexplicable that he took another minimum deal.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That may be enough if management ends its man-crush on elderly players and if Reaves, Gabriel and Stanley Johnson become good 3-point shooters.

Okay, but this requires the basketball equivalent of alchemy if you expect Gabriel and Johnson to become real NBA players at mid-career. It can happen, but you can't count on it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

Houston may set the Westbrook market in whatever they do with Wall. Pelinka likes to move first, so maybe he tries to get out in front of that. But that may not be easy to do. Russ still has more on-court value, but Houston will have more flexibility in making a deal since they don't have a need to make the playoffs next year.

Wall probably ends up bought out and on the Clippers (very tight with Paul George).
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

Well, if Russ is that unhappy, he can opt out. But to continue with this analogy, if immediately divorcing as opposed to waiting a year is the difference between solvency and ruin, then yes I'd tell the person to wait it out.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:22 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
people are sleeping on Brogdon big time. He never gets much recognition because he doesnt have a flashy game but he does everything at a high level... drive, shoot, pass, defend. Plus has high b-ball IQ and a good locker room presence.

I agree entirely with this, although, concerns about his injury history are warranted. Would love to bring him to LA.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
people are sleeping on Brogdon big time. He never gets much recognition because he doesnt have a flashy game but he does everything at a high level... drive, shoot, pass, defend. Plus has high b-ball IQ and a good locker room presence.

I agree entirely with this, although, concerns about his injury history are warranted. Would love to bring him to LA.

If Indy had confidence in Brogdon's ability to stay healthy, there's no way they trade him for Westbrook. People need to realize this. If a team is trading for Westbrook, they think the players they're giving us either can't stay healthy, are terrible, or are terribly overpaid.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Westbrook for Hield + Turner

Yep. Have Bron play POINT again like 2020 and be the Magic Johnson role in the last dance/season of the BRON/AD era.

PG: Bron
SG: Hield
SF: Reaves or Stanley
PF: AD
C: Turner

Bench: Nunn, Wenyen, Reaves or Stanley

Playoff team for me in 2022-2023 if ALL healthy.

Last edited by krisobe on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Rek wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

If Indy had confidence in Brogdon's ability to stay healthy, there's no way they trade him for Westbrook. People need to realize this. If a team is trading for Westbrook, they think the players they're giving us either can't stay healthy, are terrible, or are terribly overpaid.

IDK. The young guys on our team praised him. Same with other teams. Plus 1 year.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
Rek wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I don't necessarily believe that Indy is looking to hand us Brogdon and Hield for Russ just because it's heavily rumored.

But, given what we already know to expect from Russ at 47M, I'd be glad to gamble on Brogdon's production at the far lesser salary leaving room to have other non-minimum players such as Hield to help balance the roster. No brainer if that deal is actually available. I'm not sold on Hield being any team's answers for much beyond hitting some shots. But, getting away from Russ is well worth exploring how the fit works with Bron and AD. Much easier to worry about moving Brogdon or Hield later than finding ways to unload Westbrook now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: