Is What's Best for LeBron James Also What's Best for LA Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

BI’s emergence as a legitimate star highlights the question - would Laker fans have the patience to wait for him. Obvious answer is no No NO.

After last season’s THT hate at a kid who just turned 21, and with BI’s injury history it would have been brutal…I can even imagine the “We should have kept Kuz” threads…
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
BI’s emergence as a legitimate star highlights the question - would Laker fans have the patience to wait for him. Obvious answer is no No NO.

After last season’s THT hate at a kid who just turned 21, and with BI’s injury history it would have been brutal…I can even imagine the “We should have kept Kuz” threads…

THT hate comes from the contract he got.

BI’s emergence didn’t come this year..he was great last year and the year before too. He just keeps getting better.

And Kuz is still meh. Don’t let the empty Wiz stats fool you.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

BI’s emergence didn’t come this year..he was great last year and the year before too. He just keeps getting better.

And Kuz is still meh. Don’t let the empty Wiz stats fool you.
If THT has a legitimate SG and improves his outside shot, his contract might be a great one by the end.

Great that BI is growing as a player, but the Lakers are only interested in players that performed at the highlest level deep into the playoffs - which BI hasn't had the chance. With McCollum playing with him, BI is the 2nd option on offense
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

THT's contracts - both - were ill-conceived. He may become a productive player but how the Lakers went about it, twice, was not thorough or protective of the franchise
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

did you see the season?
Good for Bron- Icing out everyone on offense, demanding a PG who historically has assisted guys to huge numbers

Lakers - lottery for the second time in 4 years.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

It's his contract combined with a lack of development. After signing the contract, his performance actually declined. After 131 games, he's shooting 28% from 3-point range.

Maybe he'll turn into something, maybe he won't. I get the impression that his rep around the league has devolved from "young player with potential" to "eh -- wake me up when the potential turns into performance."
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

It's his contract combined with a lack of development. After signing the contract, his performance actually declined. After 131 games, he's shooting 28% from 3-point range.

Maybe he'll turn into something, maybe he won't. I get the impression that his rep around the league has devolved from "young player with potential" to "eh -- wake me up when the potential turns into performance."

Yup, I was a supporter based on his good FT % which gave me hope that he could develop a 3 pointer. I thought that was a pretty low-bar but I've been sorely disappointed. He really, really needs to develop at least one additional skill at the NBA level be it a midrange or a 3 pointer on top of playing more hard-nosed defense.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Maybe just me, but I am not attributing the Lakers underachieving all season to a $10m yr role player.

I’m looking at the two $40m yr veteran leaders with significant flaws in their games and effort.

This cycle continues until the Lakers change the roster and hire a HC that is capable of installing systems on both ends that players buy into.

Trade James and Westbrook for the types of players that care about competing every night. Hire a decent HC and staff. And start building around Davis. Keep THT too and Klutch can still have influence with a marquee franchise. James gets the compete for a ring one last time.

Win / win for everyone.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The guy we need is Jackson from grizz.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: