Mike Tyson punches an annoying passenger
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Mike Tyson punches an annoying passenger

Watch: Mike Tyson Hits Passenger On US Plane

LINK

Mike's a professional fighter. His hands may be considered deadly weapons. Lawyers are licking their chops. I hope the courts are lenient.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject:

All in all, I think it's a miracle this dude (i.e., Tyson) is still alive. He's always played with less than a full deck and his ability to completely annihilate someone does not help matters.

He's an easy mark and something tells me this guy goaded him.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
All in all, I think it's a miracle this dude (i.e., Tyson) is still alive. He's always played with less than a full deck and his ability to completely annihilate someone does not help matters.

I'm not famous, but I (black male), have had young, drunk white guys sitting behind me on planes wanting to engage with me on Rodney King, OJ, Obama, Trump and (their favorite subject) the "difference between 'n-words' and 'cool black people like you!"

I've wanted to drop many of them, but haven't.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

You underestimate Mike's intelligence. Evidenced by his one-man show, his conversational intelligence, and his movie making to name a few things. I agree the guy probably goaded him. I hope the court takes that into consideration if this goes to trial.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

I hear Chris Rock is expecting a full recovery...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

That guy was doing the equivalent of sticking his arm into a tiger enclosure and daring him to bite....
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

You underestimate Mike's intelligence. Evidenced by his one-man show, his conversational intelligence, and his movie making to name a few things. I agree the guy probably goaded him. I hope the court takes that into consideration if this goes to trial.

By all indications, he's an emotionally fragile person and has shown a lack of ability to control that part of his personality. I would say that falls into the category of playing with less than a full deck.

I have a lot of sympathy for that. I think I might be in the same boat sometimes, but the difference is that I don't have the skill or power to completely destroy someone with a combo of punches.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Tyson's rep says that the man, in addition to basically badgering him, also threw a water bottle at him before Tyson finally reacted and punched him. Now, I would think that would be an easy thing to corroborate, if true, or an easy thing to debunk, if it's a lie. Also, TMZ adds this:

UPDATE 1:21 PM PT -- The San Francisco Police Dept. tells TMZ Sports officers did respond to the scene ... and did detain two people they believed to be involved in the incident.

Cops added, though, that after one of the people was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, that person "provided minimal details of the incident and refused to cooperate further with the police investigation."

The SFPD says it is aware of the video of the altercation and has forwarded it to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

By all indications, he's an emotionally fragile person and has shown a lack of ability to control that part of his personality. I would say that falls into the category of playing with less than a full deck.

I have a lot of sympathy for that. I think I might be in the same boat sometimes, but the difference is that I don't have the skill or power to completely destroy someone with a combo of punches.

You don't? Psh, amateur. Hit the gym, bro.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

By all indications, he's an emotionally fragile person and has shown a lack of ability to control that part of his personality
. I would say that falls into the category of playing with less than a full deck.

I agree he's emotionally fragile. Since his marriage to Lakiha Spicer, he seems to have stabilized. She may to be the reason. He's discussed that publicly. I'm not qualified to comment on his emotional status. My observation of him in recent years leads me to believe he's a changed man. I think he's playing with all 52.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

violence sometimes is the answer IMHO.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

When Reno 911 showed up thinking they were going to calm Mike down

https://iconicimages.net/app/uploads/2019/05/TYSONHEADER.jpg
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

By all indications, he's an emotionally fragile person and has shown a lack of ability to control that part of his personality
. I would say that falls into the category of playing with less than a full deck.

I agree he's emotionally fragile. Since his marriage to Lakiha Spicer, he seems to have stabilized. She may to be the reason. He's discussed that publicly. I'm not qualified to comment on his emotional status. My observation of him in recent years leads me to believe he's a changed man. I think he's playing with all 52.

Well, considering how his marriage to Robin Givens jacked him up, he deserves happiness. IIRC, Robin's mom sued Dave Winfield for giving her VD or something. Mommy and daughter gold diggers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject:

After watching the video Mike was a lot more patient than I would have been.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mike gets a pass here. The guy deserved a beating and actually Mike just slapped him around a bit compared to what he could have done to the clown.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

sure....maybe the guy deserved it, and maybe if he does not press charges, Tyson will get a pass to some degree. Still, unless the guy literally is a physical threat to Mike, he cannot attack the guy with multiple closed fist punches.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

It looked violent but I'm almost certain Mike was pulling his punches. I saw the face of the guy and he had some bruises...a full force punch from a middle aged, non-athlete would cause a huge welt. Mike was wailing on the dude repeatedly. That guy's face would 100% have a mangled mass.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Tyson: “Social media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.”"

That was a few years ago. Lol, my man really went through with it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

if the guy wants to try to get his dignity back from Mike he can use 007 373 5963

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I hear Chris Rock is expecting a full recovery...

Wasn't smart for this instigator to make that final crack about Tyson's baldness.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

The miracle point comes back when you revisit a docu on Mike and the Givens years, espec. Running his BMW into a tree, etc. But this momo antagonizing him, he was lucky these weren't those years, airplane or not. Maybe that's the entire point, that he wouldn't have had the balls to try that right after Mike bit off Evander's ear as opposed to Mike at 55 trying to sleep with a plane seat partially obscuring his punching space. Violence is unacceptable................eeeeeeggcept for when it's perpetrated against a TikTok-trying gnat who played too many years of video games, but never Tyson's Punch-Out. In this case, it's too bad he didn't get KO'd (preferably filmed so we could watch him lying there snoring). And I would've wanted at least a Will Smith slap to the standard issue jabberbox who defeats the purpose of filming the situation in the first place by talking all over the dialogue he's trying to capture. Neither of those archetypes are empathy-adjacent in a general sense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
When Reno 911 showed up thinking they were going to calm Mike down

https://iconicimages.net/app/uploads/2019/05/TYSONHEADER.jpg

Look at the big white cop with the mustache.. his wrist went limp.. and you can see Mike already targeted the Brother because he knew he would be toughest in that crew

Nobody really knows how bad those years in Mikes life were before Cus took him in... Little homie had been arrested like 40? times by age of 13

One of the hardest things for me in life was trying to understand where someone comes from and how much different the Cocoon of their childhood was

Didn't Dennis Rodman have to suffer his father putting cigarettes out on his arms or was that Kwame?

Sadly, Mike will feel bad for beating up on a little punk in public like that. TikTok snipers and older folks.. not a good idea.. weird world with humans just casually recording you for no reason.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Iron Mike gets a pass here. The guy deserved a beating and actually Mike just slapped him around a bit compared to what he could have done to the clown.

Lesson 1 : Don't throw a bottle at a former champion

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

sometimes, you need to get punched in the face to make you a better person... Mike was doing him a favor.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

You don't? Psh, amateur. Hit the gym, bro.

Do you even lift, bro?

I'd like to think I can still do some damage, but I'd be a fool if I thought I could do Tyson-level damage at this point in my life.

These days, I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: