View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Meta's Twitter rival Threads overtakes ChatGPT as fastest-growing platform

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1678431555360808960?t=kkwetSLgqy6VUev0GdzmcQ&s=19

Does America still have the IRS Law Trump exploited by losing a billion dollars in a year?

Twitter is going to harm everything Musk related

SpaceX now associated with X and Leader of X is a Lunatic Oligarch

What' next, TeXla?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Musk has reportedly officially changed the name of Twitter to "X."

Either he was on hallucinogens when he made this decision, or he is clearly mental and in his own world.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Either he was on hallucinogens when he made this decision, or he is clearly mental and in his own world.

Wasn’t his first company called x.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Wasn’t his first company called x.

Way back in 97 I had an X.com account for eBay sales

Checks and Debit card etc
Pre PayPal
www.X.com was what the site was
After PayPal I think it became a software development website
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject:

This will be the last straw for me. I am not paying a cent to use Twitter.

Quote:
Elon Musk revisiting an idea apparently floated privately in the past -- charging *everyone* to use Twitter. A lower tier than premium. "We’ve moving to a small monthly payment for use of the X system," he just told Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it's only way to stamp out bots.

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeBBG/status/1703814998626111785
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This will be the last straw for me. I am not paying a cent to use Twitter.

Quote:
Elon Musk revisiting an idea apparently floated privately in the past -- charging *everyone* to use Twitter. A lower tier than premium. "We’ve moving to a small monthly payment for use of the X system," he just told Benjamin Netanyahu, saying it's only way to stamp out bots.

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeBBG/status/1703814998626111785

We're probably not on the list but I belive one of the reasons Salman Bin Bonesaw and Musk bought twitter was to read people's direct messages..

He should have been arrested for denying Ukraine the opportunity to defend themselves when he denied them Starlink coverage.

Dangerous territory here

Since Elon is a sociopath he doesn't quite understand the love of family and friends that Ukraine wants to defend.. guy is so horrible..

Elon Musk mocked Ukraine's summer counteroffensive in a stinging post on X: 'So much death for so little'
https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-mocked-ukraines-summer-032354060.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I think everyone should make an effort to not post links to Xitter

If we see the story on Xitter search for same story linked elsewhere

We're watching you Traitor Musk
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I think everyone should make an effort to not post links to Xitter

If we see the story on Xitter search for same story linked elsewhere

We're watching you Traitor Musk

Good idea. No need to give him free traffic.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

Decided to post my response in this thread as opposed to the Lounge's FA thread.

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Another case in point: Elon Musk. Rich as hell, yet somehow dumber than a bag of garbage.

Elon Musk went from an immigrant with $1k in his pocket to the richest man on Earth.
Or at least the richest non-head of State.

That is not done by being dumb.

Elon contributed more to humanity yesterday afternoon than you will in your entire lifetime.

If you believe the son of an emerald mine owner, benefiting from apartheid S. Africa came to America with $1k. I dunno what to tell ya.

Musk is a habitual liar. Didn't found Paypal, didn't found Tesla, was disgusted by a homeless person so lied about the hyperloop to hurt California public transportation. Add on top of that the conspiracy theories he's championed, the employee abuse, the SEC violations, the Twitter/Tesla/SpaceX related promises made that he had no intention of fulfilling. He's an undeniably great figurehead. But considering the amount of tax money that has propped up Tesla via regulatory credits. I think Americans in general have done plenty to prop up Elon. As opposed to Elon contributing to humanity. He's not a guy I'd choose to admire. But to each their own.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Decided to post my response in this thread as opposed to the Lounge's FA thread.

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Another case in point: Elon Musk. Rich as hell, yet somehow dumber than a bag of garbage.

Elon Musk went from an immigrant with $1k in his pocket to the richest man on Earth.
Or at least the richest non-head of State.

That is not done by being dumb.

Elon contributed more to humanity yesterday afternoon than you will in your entire lifetime.

If you believe the son of an emerald mine owner, benefiting from apartheid S. Africa came to America with $1k. I dunno what to tell ya.

Musk is a habitual liar. Didn't found Paypal, didn't found Tesla, was disgusted by a homeless person so lied about the hyperloop to hurt California public transportation. Add on top of that the conspiracy theories he's championed, the employee abuse, the SEC violations, the Twitter/Tesla/SpaceX related promises made that he had no intention of fulfilling. He's an undeniably great figurehead. But considering the amount of tax money that has propped up Tesla via regulatory credits. I think Americans in general have done plenty to prop up Elon. As opposed to Elon contributing to humanity. He's not a guy I'd choose to admire. But to each their own.

Elon benefited from the myth of his image rather than the truth. The truth of his background is pretty ugly. The fact that certain fanboys lapped it up until recently tells a lot.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Is "X" soon gonna stand for "X"tinct? With the number of big companies not wanting to associate with Elon Musk's recent comments, it seems that day is coming sooner.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Is "X" soon gonna stand for "X"tinct? With the number of big companies not wanting to associate with Elon Musk's recent comments, it seems that day is coming sooner.

Oddly enough, the X may not only be a very appropriate name, but may keep it alive, because apparently it is a key advertising tool for those running OnlyFans accounts, at least according to Linked In.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Hope more companies do the same. Tried of this Walking FAFO Guy, he should take his act to Mars already.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject:

Musk is so smart. No way could I lose advertisers as quickly and effectively as him!

Quote:
The high-profile advertiser revolt includes some of the world’s largest media companies, such as Disney, Paramount, NBCUniversal, Comcast, Lionsgate and Warner Bros. Discovery, the parent of CNN.

X also reportedly lost Apple, according to multiple news outlets including Axios, which first reported Apple’s withdrawal.

CNN

Who would've thought these companies don't want their advertisements alongside Nazi propaganda? LINK

Only edge-lords and losers respect and admire this guy.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I had a large client pull off Twitter today. They will spread the ad spend over other social platforms instead. X puts the X in toxic.

They don't want Musk's personal brand rubbing off on them so they will duck out. They just don't feel safe there. So adios.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I had a large client pull off Twitter today. They will spread the ad spend over other social platforms instead. X puts the X in toxic.

They don't want Musk's personal brand rubbing off on them so they will duck out. They just don't feel safe there. So adios.

It’s a full blown right wing extremist platform under Musk. He’s tweeting about PizzaGate today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:51 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

They will lose some advertisers but not the audience. X has become a place to push racism and supremacy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

They will lose some advertisers but not the audience. X has become a place to push racism and supremacy.

Corporate America won't want to do anything with it. Good luck to Elon. I'm sure Andrew Tate will make up for the missing ad dollars.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

What I find hilarious. Public figures like Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, and Russel Brand are convinced it's a ... sneaky conspiracy. "The powers that be" are trying to control the culture! When they cater to multiple demographics and want their brand associated with acceptance of everyone.

It can't be that the previous owners of Twitter wanted to make $. So they didn't let it degenerate into a Nazi and alt-right cesspool. No. They were "pulling the strings".

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand Musk's master plan.
He is a transcendent genius trying to rid the world of the "woke mind virus".
Meanwhile, I think not be a douche is both fiscally and morally positive.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:56 am    Post subject:

If Twitter/X goes down and fails, what will replace it? Journalists (real ones, not MAGA ones) use it to keep normal people updates on news and information. Case in point: as Lakers fans, we rely on people like Dave McMenamin and Mike Trudell to keep us updated on what's happening with our favorite NBA team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If Twitter/X goes down and fails, what will replace it? Journalists (real ones, not MAGA ones) use it to keep normal people updates on news and information. Case in point: as Lakers fans, we rely on people like Dave McMenamin and Mike Trudell to keep us updated on what's happening with our favorite NBA team.

Dave and Mike give us what the lakers want them to. That is a bad example. It keeps everyone siloed with filtered information. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be outlets that just lay it all out there for people to truly see everything.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

It'll take some innovation to phase out twitter. Under Musk, it'll continue to be unsuccessful financially yet still relevant, for the foreseeable future.
But if you are talking about it being replaced to the point of it being irrelevant.

I think a new platform will have to emerge that does what Twitter does + something extra.

It'll happen eventually. There are social media platforms that have fallen off, even though they were ran exceptionally well.

To be honest, I think the magnitude of Tiktok's dominance right now, is partly related to how awful Musk has been running Twitter.

I guess what I'm saying is. Twitter will weather these advertisement losses. But Musk doesn't get credit for it.

Similar to other things on his resume. He didn't start it. He just hopped on an already moving train and took credit.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject:

TMZ: Alex Jones Reinstated on X/Twitter after Musk Fan Poll

Alex Jones is back on X (formerly Twitter) after Elon Musk randomly decided to leave it to a vote among users to see how they felt about it ... and as they say, the people have spoken.

The notorious conspiracy theorist -- who infamously questioned the legitimacy of the Sandy Hook shooting, and got taken to court over it -- regained control of his account again late Saturday after being removed from the platform years ago.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Reinstate Alex Jones on this platform?

Vox Populi, Vox Dei.
Yes
70.1%
No
29.9%
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:

It'll take some innovation to phase out twitter. Under Musk, it'll continue to be unsuccessful financially yet still relevant, for the foreseeable future.
But if you are talking about it being replaced to the point of it being irrelevant.

I think a new platform will have to emerge that does what Twitter does + something extra.

It'll happen eventually. There are social media platforms that have fallen off, even though they were ran exceptionally well.

To be honest, I think the magnitude of Tiktok's dominance right now, is partly related to how awful Musk has been running Twitter.

I guess what I'm saying is. Twitter will weather these advertisement losses. But Musk doesn't get credit for it.

Similar to other things on his resume. He didn't start it. He just hopped on an already moving train and took credit.

Twitter is still the best source for new news. Pico was closed down yesterday, I went to twitter and learned it was because Biden was in town. Sometimes the freeway is closed, I go to Twitter and immediately learn it was a shooting. Helicopter overhead, go to twitter and read that a mountain lion was spotted at the elementary school.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

In other Elon Musk news, his idea for public transportation the hyperloop is all but dead.
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/high-speed-transportation-firm-hyperloop-one-shut-down-bloomberg-news-2023-12-21/

I got the feeling he put that turkey out there to sabotage high speed rail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: