Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 283, 284, 285  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject:

He got schooled. That's what happens when you have a first year head coach.

And I like Ham. But I don't know if we have the patience to deal with this right now.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham on the Lakers’ stagnant offense down the stretch: “That falls on me. I’ll take responsibility for that”

No freaking kidding.
Many of us saw that in real time. It's called Lebron ball. It's not hard to see. Fix it next time.

Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

Anthony Davis is playing at an elite level right now. How is he not getting a touch on every possession down the stretch? How does he only get two shots in the fourth? And he can facilitate too. It makes no sense. Darvin Ham needs to make sure AD is being fed the ball late game.

Even this goof, knows Ham needs to do something.

The only thing that Mr Ham can do is check Lebron, which he won't. Lebron is THE REASON why AD doesn't get touches. Same for Reeves. Lebron prefers his fallaway 30 footers to his getting his teammates involved. Mr. Ham doesn't have enough status to control Lebron. You have to be someone like Phil Jackson circa 2002 to do that; multiple championships and sleeping with the team owner.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham on LeBron's fourth quarter shooting:

"Those are looks he normally makes, they just didn't fall tonight. I'm totally comfortable with him taking those shots."

I hope this is just to protect your player in public, and you're not really believing this moronic take in private.

No, this is Mr Ham on his hands and knees, kissing Lebron's pinky ring. You think a rookie coach is going to pubically challenge someone on Lebron's level? Lebron need only nod or wink and a you'll find yourself in the unemployment line.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Coach us to a win against the Bucks and I’ll forgive tonight’s blunder

Best we can hope for is a margin of loss no greater than 25 points. If we lose by, say, 10 points, we can add it to our collection of morale victories.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject:

Coach need to call a timeout and regroup the troops when our offense stalled and the opponent building momentum
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

That new head coach learning curve has been painful.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

Statistics say Lakers defense has gotten better, but their offense has gotten much worse under this coaching staff. They've gotten a much healthier and better AD and Westbrook is playing a lot bettert off the bench.

Not sure there's a whole lot most coaches can do with this situation, but I think we have the talent to be .500 with the way AD has been playing. Lebron going in and out of the lineup fails to deliver continuity, something that we've seen previous staff talk about.

My only issue with Ham so far has been that he refuses to give the Lakers more size advantage, which would allow us to play a little slower and get more second chances and paint play, something that suits AD/Lebron a lot. If you ran Bryant/AD/Lebron/Walker/Dennis lineups (Or Reaves instead of Dennis) you have the needed size there to be able to do things his current plan doesn't allow him. He's forcing a pace and style on the team's offense that may be best in the future with a different team but not this team. This team with old Lebron and AD without great 3 point shooting needs to be more physical and dominant with size and interior presence on offense. Instead we run a lot of small weak stuff on offense. With TBryant we even have a big that can shoot some 3s. If not at the very least we should run more Lebron at PG with Reaves/Walker at the wings lineups.

In the end though it's clear he was brought in to help deal with the WB situation and be a strong voice, which he has been. That's what they wanted and they got exactly what they paid for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Statistics say Lakers defense has gotten better, but their offense has gotten much worse under this coaching staff. They've gotten a much healthier and better AD and Westbrook is playing a lot bettert off the bench.

Not sure there's a whole lot most coaches can do with this situation, but I think we have the talent to be .500 with the way AD has been playing. Lebron going in and out of the lineup fails to deliver continuity, something that we've seen previous staff talk about.

My only issue with Ham so far has been that he refuses to give the Lakers more size advantage, which would allow us to play a little slower and get more second chances and paint play, something that suits AD/Lebron a lot. If you ran Bryant/AD/Lebron/Walker/Dennis lineups (Or Reaves instead of Dennis) you have the needed size there to be able to do things his current plan doesn't allow him. He's forcing a pace and style on the team's offense that may be best in the future with a different team but not this team. This team with old Lebron and AD without great 3 point shooting needs to be more physical and dominant with size and interior presence on offense. Instead we run a lot of small weak stuff on offense. With TBryant we even have a big that can shoot some 3s. If not at the very least we should run more Lebron at PG with Reaves/Walker at the wings lineups.

In the end though it's clear he was brought in to help deal with the WB situation and be a strong voice, which he has been. That's what they wanted and they got exactly what they paid for.
NAILED IT!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
He got schooled. That's what happens when you have a first year head coach.

This take is quite frankly, bull (bleep).

There have been coaches that have come in with zero experience that has done a better job than this idiot. While this idiot on the other hand, has been an assistant for over a decade and a half. He is more experienced than almost any other first year head coach that has come into this league in a long time.

And what are the results of that? Stupid decisions that any fan with basketball knowledge can correct. I’ve seen enough of his absolute garbage decisions.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

This guy is an idiot.

Our offense is (bleep) horrible and he plays Brick 30 minutes per game.

I could care less about his 8 assist because they come at a high expense.

Stops ball movement, freezez team8s which affects defense, and his (bleep) eFG is like 45%. What is the deal here? Keep the vets happy to keep your job? Gtfo

The ball is better on Reaves hands so why is Brick playing?

He turns the ball over 12 times in the last 2 games.

Thats ridiculous

Shooting 5 3s per game as if he is curry when he shoots 30% on them.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
This guy is an idiot.

Stops ball movement, freezez team8s which affects defense, and his (bleep) eFG is like 45%. What is the deal here? Keep the vets happy to keep your job? Gtfo

Thats ridiculous

12 turnovers in two games and at least one for every quarter he closes out. I don't care about Russ's points, assists or rebound numbers...he should be limited to 25 minutes a game or less so we can limit the turnover number to 4.

Trade WB/Bev/Nunn and at least 1FRP if you want to compete this year...don't if you don't...message to the front office, it's as simple as that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
This guy is an idiot.

Thats ridiculous

The offense looks better with Russ running the show instead of Bron this season, simple as that. If he has to be the playmaker, we live with the turnovers. Ham has the option of bench him at any time, although he should’ve benched bron in the 4th
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
This guy is an idiot.

Thats ridiculous

The offense looks better with Russ running the show instead of Bron this season, simple as that. If he has to be the playmaker, we live with the turnovers. Ham has the option of bench him at any time, although he should’ve benched bron in the 4th

It might look better but it doesnt look good enough so on to the next guy. LeBron is known to be the greatest handler of all time so you have to believe he will be back. But brick? Lmao. Turn over machine, over drivbling, holding the ball, hitting the backboard, taking crazy 3s and taking the ball out of good efficient players like Davis and Reaves.

I bet you like losing
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Dennis, Beverly, Reaves, Lonnie all have better net rating that this terrible player. People confuse empty numbers with efficient numbers.

Do you think other teams are worry about a guy that has a eFG% at 45%? And is likely to throw the ball away every single trip... cmon dude...

He can't hurt you.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Dennis, Beverly, Reaves, Lonnie all have better net rating that this terrible player. People confuse empty numbers with efficient numbers.

Do you think other teams are worry about a guy that has a eFG% at 45%? And is likely to throw the ball away every single trip... cmon dude...

He can't hurt you.

Yea but who are the options to replace him with?

IMO we're stuck with Russ will we let him walk after 2 miserable seasons and giving up Kuz, KCP, 1st, and our full MLE signing for him.

At least Ham got as much as possible out of him and he's not getting boo'd every time he shoots.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Why is he benching TB? He clearly can contribute. Ham loves playing a 4 guard lineup than putting a legit center out there.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

He's worst than last year's vogel. Can't believe the Lakers hired his ass. Vogel can maximize this lineup more than him. No way Vogel will field a 4 guard combination.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

You really look at the sets the Lakers run and think Vogel's offense was better than Ham's?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Vogel would destroy opposing teams with a healthy and dominating AD like this. AD said last year he was playing injured even from the start of the season. He was never 100%.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:28 am    Post subject:

Ham will eventually become a decent coach and is probably a great assistant coach.

We needed an experienced coach. Snyder, Mark Jackson…. We should have gone in that direction. I’m so frustrated.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

I have not seen anything great from Ham, but I don't blame him for this season. We were going to suck no matter what. It's a bad team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

1. He has to eliminate that 3-4 small guard lineups. We are just getting destroyed with them, especially on the boards.

2. He also needs to cut back LBJ's minutes. We are getting diminished production from him. Is he strong willed enough to tell LBJ that his minutes are going down, especially when he's stat padding to pass Kareem?

3. Stop closing high leverage games with Russ. He's a great middle innings relief pitcher, but in crucial moments, he makes too many painful mistakes on both sides of the ball.

4. I would consider playing Wenyen as part of a closing lineup to help on the boards. Just getting crushed when we close with AD/LBJ/Russ/Reaves/5th player who is usually a 6'3 under guard.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject:

Ham has done a good job of bringing calm to the chaos but the fact remains that the team as constructed are not good enough to win consistently. And, for a first year coach, his margin of error in terms of getting wins is pretty low.

But it is what it is... LBJ is going nowhere because of his "legacy". Everyone knows has always been both a boon and a black hole on offense with questionable defense throughout. This 38 year old version needs to back off as the offense often looks and functions better with him out (assuming AD is healthy) but no one is going to say that to him and there's no way he is going to sit on the bench if healthy.

Where it sits right now is that anything less than 100% healthy AD (with or without LBJ) and this roster isn't going to beat very many of the decent to good teams. Those Spurs games are a good indicator that the Lakers without AD (and/or when this version of LBJ plays with him) are going to perform like one of the worst teams in the league most nights unless a meaningful trade is found.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

One and done. Thank you, next!
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Why is he benching TB? He clearly can contribute. Ham loves playing a 4 guard lineup than putting a legit center out there.

Imagine theres a bucket that people will fill up for you. At the end you have to drink that bucket of whatever they contributed.

Group {B} poured water, Group {C} poured pee.

You drink the content.

Should you be thankful for both groups since both contributed?

If he adds 18 points but takes 20 shots to get those points that bad contribution

If it takes him 6 turns overs to create 8 assists thats bad contribution

If you don't pass the ball around you are slowing the offense down

18-7-8 with his turns overs and lack of efficiency is hurting us like crazy. He is stopping this team from playing like a team. We literally had to design a team for him on the bench to be successful and usually play him with out best shooters instead of LeBron bcuz we are trying to make it easy for him but fact is he is not good enough. Time to move on from him. Send him home. Let pippen jr get some run if you are ok with tanking for nothing.

You don't need him.

PG.Dennis 28 / Nunn 20
SG.Walker 32 / Reaves 16
SF.Brown 26 / Reaves 18 / LeBron 4
PF.LeBron 24 / Gabriel 24
C.Davis 28 / Bryant 20

He is stealing Reaves touches which come at an insane efficiency he ranks 5th in the entire league I believe and always keeps the ball moving. But you want to play a guy who since his prime days has always SUCKED apart from putting up empty numbers. Smh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 283, 284, 285  Next
Page 76 of 285
Jump to: