Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject:

What's going on with this thread, Vogel lost the team, they quit on him. I'm good giving first timer coach a go. Lakers has had white, black, mixed coaches and asst coaches. C'mon now
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

I think Ham got a pass for much of the season and rightfully so, Pelinka gave him a jacked up roster….having said that he needs to be held more accountable for his coaching decisions ….Ham and the coaching staff have probably cost us 10 games from bad three sometimes four guard rotations, not fouling up 3, not calling time outs when needed…. A LOT of rookie coach mistakes….he needs a seasoned mentor on the bench with him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>
I think that had more to do with Lebron and his wish for a head coach who looked "different" from Vogel.

I don't recall anything about Lebron not getting along with Vogel. Admittedly I wasn't following this closely, but do you have any sources on this?
(All I remember is Westbrook's unhappiness with Vogel despite Vogel playing him a lot and the also the reports of the Rambii's micro-management of him).

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Lebron is low key racist. He had zero problems with Mike Brown and Ty Lue, yet had problems with all of the following:

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Luke Walton (although that one is understandable)
- Frank Vogel

Now he doesn’t say a word about Ham despite Ham being just as bad as Luke Walton. Ham is really a black Luke Walton, but Lebron this time ain’t bringing up any crums of his fault or anything.

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Another Bron Scott we hired. Whole game put a 6'2 guy on 6'8 and thought he would win the game

Horrible hire
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>
I think that had more to do with Lebron and his wish for a head coach who looked "different" from Vogel.

I don't recall anything about Lebron not getting along with Vogel. Admittedly I wasn't following this closely, but do you have any sources on this?
(All I remember is Westbrook's unhappiness with Vogel despite Vogel playing him a lot and the also the reports of the Rambii's micro-management of him).

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Lebron is low key racist. He had zero problems with Mike Brown and Ty Lue, yet had problems with all of the following:

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

Now he doesn’t say a word about Ham despite Ham being just as bad as Luke Walton. Ham is really a black Luke Walton, but Lebron this time ain’t bringing up any crums of his fault or anything.

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

Bron is black-centric, concerns deeply of black issues but that don't make him racist, c'mon man
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

I think it’s quite obvious that LeBron has tried to push out white coaches and tried to elevate black coaches into those positions.

Now, there is something to be said about black representation when it comes to nba coaches, but ham is unequivocally a moron.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

Bron is black-centric, concerns deeply of black issues but that don't make him racist, c'mon man

And you don’t think that makes him bias against/for certain coaches? I’m mostly half-joking about him being somewhat racist, but he is most certainly biased in favor of black head coaches.

Lebron is a very outspoken athlete when it comes to politics. And he’s especially outspoken when it comes to General Managing. He doesn’t get called “LeGM” for nothing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

And you don’t think that makes him bias against/for certain coaches? I’m mostly half-joking about him being somewhat racist, but he is most certainly biased in favor of black head coaches.

Lebron is a very outspoken athlete when it comes to politics. And he’s especially outspoken when it comes to General Managing. He doesn’t get called “LeGM” for nothing.

He can be in favor of hiring more black coaches, I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't buy this notion that Bron actively preventing hiring of white coaches... As a whole, I don't see it as Bron being racist
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

Lol. This is funny. No one really knows. I did find his outrage against jerry Jones picture funny. Especially where years prior jerry was never considered to be an advocate for the black community outside of writing checks.

Fortunately if we get kyrie we won’t need a coach.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

Lol. This is funny. No one really knows. I did find his outrage against jerry Jones picture funny. Especially where years prior jerry was never considered to be an advocate for the black community outside of writing checks.

Fortunately if we get kyrie we won’t need a coach.

Doesn’t he also have a framed contract offer from Jones to play for the Cowboys still?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

I mean come on guys. Who cares how someone looks or what skin color they are. Irrelevant. What is important is if someone is good or if someone is bad. And so far this season Ham showed us that he does not know how to establish good rotations, how to adjust in game but also pre game. He showed that he is not interested in any type of defense and also what bothers me the most is inability to use his timeouts properly and put good matchups on the floor. I understand he is rookie coach. But the point is that I do not have any confidence that in 5 years from now he will be any better. Why I am saying this? Because to me he seems not so intelligent from basketball standpoint. You can be rookie coach but still you can show you are smart or not. He is clueless each and every game.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject:

Talk about out of the frying pan (Russ) to into the fire (Kyrie), I’m guessing it would be about two weeks before Irving started to be vocal about Darvin not being someone he was willing to listen to. There might be very few circumstances in league history that we suited to a rookie coach.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I mean come on guys. Who cares how someone looks or what skin color they are. Irrelevant. What is important is if someone is good or if someone is bad. And so far this season Ham showed us that he does not know how to establish good rotations, how to adjust in game but also pre game. He showed that he is not interested in any type of defense and also what bothers me the most is inability to use his timeouts properly and put good matchups on the floor. I understand he is rookie coach. But the point is that I do not have any confidence that in 5 years from now he will be any better. Why I am saying this? Because to me he seems not so intelligent from basketball standpoint. You can be rookie coach but still you can show you are smart or not. He is clueless each and every game.

I agree with your comments. We say he is a "rookie" head coach, but he was an assistant coach for many years, most recently under a very good Budenholzer. Shouldn't Ham have learned a few things during all those years? Wasn't he soaking up knowledge?

The fact that he has not is concerning and would seem to indicate that he is not smart. What other explanation is there?
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I agree with your comments. We say he is a "rookie" head coach, but he was an assistant coach for many years, most recently under a very good Budenholzer. Shouldn't Ham have learned a few things during all those years? Wasn't he soaking up knowledge?

The fact that he has not is concerning and would seem to indicate that he is not smart. What other explanation is there?

Hams post game pressers lead to that opinion. He comes off completely clueless and he stutters and can't think and analyze in that moment. I worked with a manager who was a complete BSer and he would constantly itch and scratch his nose when he was going on his BS. Ham does the same thing.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Day wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
It is beyond me to understand what Lakers saw in this guy. I understand that maybe he is super cool guy and has some good values in him as a person. But looking at the game against NOP he does not have clue what he is doing.
To call him biggest off season move by Jeannie is saying everything about her knowledge about basketball.
Rotation are absolute garbage, he is playing 3 guard lineup which is beyond stupid and having guys like Brown, Gabriel and Rui is is putting Bev on Ingram.
This cannot be done by a person that knows what he is doing.
Absolute garbage of the coach. Deserved to be fired long time ago.
You can be rookie coach, but even rookie coaches can show if they understand the game or not. Ham does not understand nothing.
And to even compare him to Vogel the guy that won a championship for us is insult first to Vogel and to all other coaches who accomplished something.
Hope he gets fired soon. Knucklehead deserves it.

Hate to say it but there was a lot of pressure to hire a black coach and we scapegoated Vogel even though he wasn't bad. Vogel would have had us a much better record for sure.

For me it does not represent nothing. Coach can be bad or good. Smart or stupid. Able to adjust or not. I don't care of he is black, white or whatever. I am looking at the game and how game is going. I was writing same for Luke. He was also completely clueless with rotations. Ham is just bad at his job. Thats all. I dont have nothing against Darvin Ham as a person. Absolutely not. He seems nice. As a coach garbage.

Yeah I'm just saying that was a motivator in why he got hired in the first place. I'm a POC obviously I don't have any problem with whatever race our coach is - I just don't think it should be a motivator in hiring.

I think it's crazy we couldn't have gotten a proven HC. We passed up Lou and Monty which have both shown to be huge mistakes, Vogel wasn't bad but we scapegoated him for last year and now we ended up with this. It's unfortunate.

I need someone to back up this claim with credible fact(s). Otherwise, it's just toxic hearsay.

I mean were you not around at the time? So many people were talking about how Luke Walton only got the job because he was white and then the talk was how we weren't fair to Ty Lou and Monty Williams and that we hired another white coach over them. This time around it was pretty expected it was going to be a black coach no matter what. IIRC Terry Slotts was the only white candidate we had? Might be wrong.

I don't know what "credible facts" there would be because it's not like anyone would come out and make a public statement clarify that that was the case but it is pretty easy to read in between the lines and hear the sentiments of fans and talk.

I think it was also during the time when everyone was talking about how little to no head coaches in the NFL were black, in regards to someone getting fired or not hired or something so the optics were already set in the media too.

So, in essence, this is purely speculative on your part. Admittedly fueled by "...sentiments of fans and talk".

If those are your thoughts/opinions of how events transpired, then that's fine. Regardless of whether others agree, or disagree, people are free to think/believe how they want.

That said, it's MY personal belief that color had no part in any of our coaching hires, in regards to Luke Walton or any of the following hires. And, I also personally believe that espousing such unverified speculation to the contrary is irresponsible.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

No Lebron is just a moron at team management and understanding what personnel are needed to win.
Around the level of MJ, maybe even worst.

That’s why the greatest players all suck at being GM.

LeGM asked for the Westbrick trade. When anyone with a half of brain knows it is a bad basketball move, AND AND his team just exploited Westbrick on his way to a NBA championship. Lol wtf

But in Lebron mind, he is probably thinking Westbrick physical wise is like mini me, if he is on my team, he will play like me. LOL
The level of stupid logic is beyond us normal people, but for great players, they are kinda of blind beyond their own greatness, and think that other should do what they are able to do.

And as for coach, Lebron only care about the Coach rapport with the players, and how cool they are with the players, he doesn’t care about the x and o, cuz for him as a genius player, he can be a coach on the floor himself, he doesn’t value that as much.

And Lebron doesn’t know jack about substitutions.

Beside Lebron really care about his image.
He already is seen as someone who run out a lot of coaches, he destroyed Vogel by having Lakers trade for Westbrick.

Complaining about Ham now would only make him look worst.

Great players like Lebron, he can be his own worst enemy when it come to team success.

MJ (bleep) on Jerry Krause during his documentary.
But it is clear as day to me that Jerry probably saved MJ legacy from himself. And let Jordan be just a player, not a GM.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I think the Thunder will be starting Joe (6' 4"), Shai (6' 6"), and Giddey (6' 8") at the 1-3...How likely is it that Ham sticks with his super small Dennis/Bev backcourt instead of going back to the Dennis/Brown backcourt or even starting Austin at the 2?

Don't want to see Bev get torched again like he did against BI.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

He chose THT over Caruso. #proofisinthepudding

/s
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
governator wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

<snip>

- Eric Spolstra
- David Blatt
- Frank Vogel

What is this crap

Don’t deny facts.

He chose THT over Caruso. #proofisinthepudding

/s

That's hairline bias
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Fire this guy.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Dennis 15 minutes most on team -13
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Unbelievable, wasn't Ham's strength as a coach, his tough minded, no nonsense defense first attitude? Wasn't he suppose to be a culture changer? How did we go from a top 5 defense at the start of the season to this?
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

honestly what's the point

this coach doesn't even know what players to play. two of Dennis, Bev, Westbrook are guaranteed 30+ minutes every game while Rui, Christie, Brown and Reaves fight for minutes.

Last edited by Lakeshow23_ on Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

He's getting dumber and dumber

Edit. Oh wait he actually took out Pat and Dennis. Maybe he's not as dumb.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
honestly what's the point

this coach doesn't even what players to play. two of Dennis, Bev, Westbrook are guaranteed 30+ minutes every game while Rui, Christie, Brown and Reaves fight for minutes.

Could this be intentional so the lakers can retain them in free agency? Eg. prevents nba teams from overpaying for their services?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 103 of 277
Jump to: