DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Better. Sticking with DLo proved to be key.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

Basically the only chance of us winning any game is DLO shows up, he can have a 1-15 night and I will be ok with that. Just not game 3 like performance where he basically quit
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Basically the only chance of us winning any game is DLO shows up, he can have a 1-15 night and I will be ok with that. Just not game 3 like performance where he basically quit

I mean the big difference between game 3 and 4 was us actually putting the ball in DLo's hands and having him run the offense, especially in the fourth. Ever since he got here last season it's been shown over and over that the more the ball is in his hands the better we are as a team. When DLo 'struggles' it's because the ball is taken out of his hands and he's turned into a corner spot up shooter so LeBron can iso every time down the floor.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I love the mix this fourth qtr. Too much D'Lo at the controls would be predictable as well. A mix of D'Lo at the controls and Bron is perfect.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Attack Murray or Reggie and get Gordon or Jokic to step up in the middle…

Gotta put pressure on their weak defensive guards to get the defense to collapse….its how Lebron was getting back door cuts.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

With any decent coach, we would be up 3-1 now
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham on the message to the team yesterday and today: “Beautiful day to be alive, to stay alive.”

Quote:
Darvin Ham reiterated his confidence in D'Angelo Russell. He says he told him to "go crazy and be confident" and DLo's response was "I got you, big dog."

This guy has such random quotes and pep talks.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell on Darvin Ham telling him that he still believes in him:

"I believe in myself more than anybody. I don't need that, but I appreciate it."

https://x.com/lakersnation/status/1784428559572045988?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I mean the big difference between game 3 and 4 was us actually putting the ball in DLo's hands and having him run the offense, especially in the fourth. Ever since he got here last season it's been shown over and over that the more the ball is in his hands the better we are as a team. When DLo 'struggles' it's because the ball is taken out of his hands and he's turned into a corner spot up shooter so LeBron can iso every time down the floor.

Also important to do the above because as I said in another thread LBJ said they are gassed by the 2nd half because they use so much energy on defense in the 1st half. Make sense because of their high powered offense and how much work it takes to keep them off the boards.

I would think this especially true with LBJ being gassed so it’s important for DLo to take some offensive load off him so he can save some energy to help stop a 4th quarter run Even more important next game because it’s in Denver so they will be even more gassed

Note: if you look at the previous games Denver 1st half scoring has been horrible while the Lakers the opposite in the 2nd half
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Amen. It is a special kind of coach who loses multiple double digit leads in one series.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Amen. It is a special kind of coach who loses multiple double digit leads in one series.

With Spo we could have honestly swept the Nuggets tbh by now. Why? Because we wouldn't have given up the leads, because Spo would have seen the Nuggets gameplan for us and had the defense ready after seeing it all season.

With a Coach like Spo if we're leading for 130+ minutes of a series, we're up 3-1 or have already won 4-0 by now.

Spo would have also enabled Dinwiddie and Vincent to be offensively aggressive
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
D'Angelo Russell on Darvin Ham telling him that he still believes in him:

"I believe in myself more than anybody. I don't need that, but I appreciate it."

https://x.com/lakersnation/status/1784428559572045988?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

DLo keeping it real. It's clear from quotes earlier this season and now they both tolerate each other but DLo isn't keen on being coached by Ham.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am    Post subject:

I don’t mind rolling with Handy if they dont want to cough up the dough for a better coach..

Check out Handy and Ham here
https://x.com/godpunishdevi1/status/1784459843765510337?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

This to the millionth power. Dlo can play off ball but only when he’s already had the ball enough to be in rhythm. Get him into a rhythm and that corner 3 will be money more often than not. Put him in the corner all game and only give him the ball as a release valve on LeBron drives he’s more likely to put up a brick.

He just isn’t the type of player to be good at lower usage, lower volume shot attempts. Not sure why this is so hard to see for some.

Game 1 in this series was a good game for Dlo even though he didn’t make his shots. Murray has been 9/23 or 24 basically the entire series. The shots aren’t falling for him but he keeps at it. Never going to say Murray and DLo should have the same leash but they are both offensive volume shooters that can catch fire. Could you imagine DLo getting minutes in the 4th going 3-15 like Murray? I just watched Tyler Hero start 1-7. He didn’t get benched either.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

I think this is a stretch. We have advantages with AD/Bron, but they have a big advantage with Joker inside and their starters. We have more offense, but they have more defensive balance. I could may be argue for 2-2.

But this series isn't where I have a major issue with Ham. It's that we're in the first round playing as a 7th seed depsite having a healthy AD (75 games) Lebron (70). When AD and Lebron both played 70+ games and you end up being a play in team that had to play so many games down the stretch to just qualify, it's remarkable how poor a regular season we had. We should have been in a better spot. If we play our best lineups all regular season, we're probably at 50-52 wins (at the very least) and in HCA in the first round. You win one series then you have some flow, and you may catch Denver off an injury or hobbled in the 2nd round (Or Minneosta).

The post season in itself is a new season, and if there's an injury it can change everything. All the match ups. To play Denver first round, to not have HCA first round when AD/Lebron were healthy virtually all RS with our depth of DLo, Austin, Rui etc. was the main fail for this team this year.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject:

Has DLo ever had 4 "good" games in a row this season? We need 3 more from him. Lebron isn't going to be as dominating in the high altitude so he's gonna need others to chip in. Bron and AD were gasping for air last time up here. Denver's homecourt does have a lot of advantages.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Has DLo ever had 4 "good" games in a row this season? We need 3 more from him. Lebron isn't going to be as dominating in the high altitude so he's gonna need others to chip in. Bron and AD were gasping for air last time up here. Denver's homecourt does have a lot of advantages.

In Jan he had 6 straight games of 20+ with >50% in every game except one, where he shot 5-8 from 3
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

If DLO is relegated to spot-up shooter while LBJ ISOs possession after possession, then it's likely one game left in this series, Lebron's legs will be rubber at game end and it'll be his own fault for that. If DLO gets the ball in his hands and gets some opportunities for P&R action with AD, with Prince occupying a defender and AR ready to counter any help defense Denver throws at them, then yes there is a decent chance we could have 3 good games in a row.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject:

The fact that we've basically started 5 straight playoff games with a lead at the half against the Nuggets and lost 4 of them, 2 very close ones, has me more convinced than ever that a coaching change is going to make a bigger difference than a roster change. We'd need to do both to win, but I wish we got to re-sim this season with a median coach. No dicking around with lineups, no drop coverage while never working on anything else, etc.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

In Jan he had 6 straight games of 20+ with >50% in every game except one, where he shot 5-8 from 3

Hoping for that DLo to show up now cuz we might make history if he did.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have led this series for 129:06
Denver has led this series for 41:53
Tied 14:07

It's actually insane, people keep saying it's a roster issue
Our roster is getting us those double digit leads and leading the vast majority of the series, our coaching loses it.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
— Woj on the Darvin Ham’s unstable job security + Lakers not willing to pay for a top tier head coach👇 #LakeShow

“If you are a head coach of the Lakers and you get swept in the first round/lose in 5, you’ve got job security issues. Darvin Ham will have that. Here’s what the Lakers will have to look at: who’s out there? Budenholzer is the most accomplished coach that’s available. The lakers have not shown a willingness to pay for a head coach. If they get swept/lose in 5, it will be part of the conversation.”

smh Jeanie so cheap.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Woj doesn’t have any sources with the lakers. Shams does, and that’s only via Klutch sports

If we lose game 5, I can’t wait to come back to this thread after it’s announced that this pos is fired
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

If DLO is relegated to spot-up shooter while LBJ ISOs possession after possession, then it's likely one game left in this series, Lebron's legs will be rubber at game end and it'll be his own fault for that. If DLO gets the ball in his hands and gets some opportunities for P&R action with AD, with Prince occupying a defender and AR ready to counter any help defense Denver throws at them, then yes there is a decent chance we could have 3 good games in a row.

The DLO/AR PnR with AD with Prince at the wing (he shoots ~40-45% from the wing specifically) and LeBron at the corner is (bleep) filthy with how much attention Denver gives AD. It had shades of 2017 where the Cavs would literally run away from KD on a breakaway to guard a Curry 3 -- the Nuggets were literally ignoring LeBron to focus on AD. And LeBron with any amount of advantage is dominant (to say nothing of him getting some open corner 3s and potentially getting into a rhythm with his 3 ball)

I genuinely don't know what the Nuggets do about that. Best part is it neutralizes the best part of Denver's defense -- Gordon on the PnR. He's stuck guarding LeBron playing the low man on defense. If they try to put him on AD for the PnR, guess who gets the ball? LeBron James, guarded by not Gordon, who will run a PnR with DLO/AR to hunt Murray and one of MPJ/Jokic
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

To be clear, an open 3 from Rui from the corner is a good shot, but Prince from the wing is a better shot. And I love LeBron in the corner -- hitting LeBron on the move is the scariest way to use him in Year 21. I'd also rather have Prince chase around MPJ than Rui. And yes, it's asking for a lot more rebounding effort given the decrease in size (but the uptick is Prince's boxing out has been fantastic).

Love Rui but he just kinda gets out-physical-ed by Gordon and isn't good enough defensively to chase MPJ. If he's not giving you an efficient 13-15 or so then it's tough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 300, 301, 302 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 301 of 324
Jump to: