Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject:

Too many 3, and even 4 guard lineups. Just getting destroyed on the boards and can't guard switches.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Too many 3, and even 4 guard lineups. Just getting destroyed on the boards and can't guard switches.

They are just too small to guard many of the wings they go up against.

Lakers really need some Kuzma/Kelly Oubre type talents on this team, while cutting the gluttony of guards.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The issue is like with last year's roster, he doesn't have enough size at the 3/2. He's got an executive who views Bev as a 2 guard defender, and someone who hasn't gotten much size at the wing for a few years.

I haven't seen enough evidence to really make a call on Ham, to be honest. He's done some good stuff. but also questionable stuff. A lot of that is roster based as well. I do like that he was willing to accept that his initial offense wasn't in AD's best interests, and went to some more post sets, and also brought WB off the bench. These are 2 things that I respect so far in his work. I would have liked/would like him to try more Bryant/AD/Lebron lineups eventually, and keep WB's minutes close to 22 vs 32 with Dennis back. Now that Lebron is back, we'll really see if he can coach, IMO. If he can get this team to play .500 ball rest of the season, I think he's solid. I don't think this is better than a 44 win roster at full health, and we've already not been at full health. So if he can get this team in the play ins, it's solid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
I would have liked/would like him to try more Bryant/AD/Lebron lineups eventually, and keep WB's minutes close to 22 vs 32 with Dennis back.

Yes, I'm giving him leeway since it's only been a couple of games, and off-setting AD and Bryant lends length/size to the 2nd unit that's sorely needed against some teams that have bruising 2nd units.
That being said Bryant was exploited pretty badly on defense by the Phoenix bench this past game so it will be interesting to see where Ham takes that in future games.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

<snip>
I would have liked/would like him to try more Bryant/AD/Lebron lineups eventually, and keep WB's minutes close to 22 vs 32 with Dennis back.

Yes, I'm giving him leeway since it's only been a couple of games, and off-setting AD and Bryant lends length/size to the 2nd unit that's sorely needed against some teams that have bruising 2nd units.
That being said Bryant was exploited pretty badly on defense by the Phoenix bench this past game so it will be interesting to see where Ham takes that in future games.

That's the issue. There's always a team that will be able to exploit something when you go big. It ends up being that you have to make sure your size beats them so much in other areas, it's worth it (including not overplaying the 2 bigs lineups).

It's really a roster thing, the way I see it. We don't have a team that has a starting level big, and a starting level wing/2. That has plagued us since the Westbrook trade. We're trying to moves pieces around, hoping something works.

But bringing WB off the bench, and getting his minutes close to 22-25 when Dennis/Lebron are both fully healthy, will be a big win for us, IMO. Dennis, Lebron, AD, Walker, at least that's 4 guys that can give you some solid minutes together and you can add a 5th guy with Reaves, or Bryant, or whomever is hot that night. Westbrook shouldn't be playing more than 2 long stints off the bench when Lebron is back as I feel if we go back to heavy big 3 minutes, AD's offense will suffer the most.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Horrible coaching today.
HORRIBLE.
Letting Lebron play moronic ball and keeping the Pacers in the game.
Hopefully you learn from your mistake.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is starting to be a detriment to team basketball. Ham needs to check him a bit. Facts over feelings.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

How many losses because of his politics lineups in the 4th quarter?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Ham is garbage. He’s legit worse than Vogel.

You could literally write a book about all the wrong things Ham did this game. And the games before even when we won. Dude is not a good coach by any measure. The one β€œsmart” thing he did was not having Westbrook start anymore, despite the fact that literally any fan with knowledge of the game of basketball, could tell you to do that.

Season’s over. You don’t blow 17 point 4th quarters like that and expect to be a competent team.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Idiot is more married to westbrick then getting wins.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

It seems like he rarely calls timeouts when the other team starts making a run
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

I say the same thing about Ham as I say about Pelinka

Hard to tell what kind of coach he is until LBJ is gone.

But the Ham with LBJ is not a good coach so far.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

The Lakers led by 9 heading into the 4th Q tonight. In the final frame, LAL shot 8-for-22 as a team, with LeBron James going 2-for-8, and the Pacers came back to win it, 116-115. Anthony Davis only took two shots in the 4th. L.A. is now 7-12.

It's unfortunate that our 2 ball handlers love to go hero ball at the end of games while they leave the best player on the team without shot attempts. Next time, do something Ham.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I say the same thing about Ham as I say about Pelinka

Hard to tell what kind of coach he is until LBJ is gone.

But the Ham with LBJ is not a good coach so far.

I agree with this. Though, with LeBron injured, Vogel had opportunities to show what he could do. It was absolutely horrid. Great defensive coach, no question. Can't coach a lick of offense.

Ham has shown some good, bad, and questionable. But, I realize he's a rookie head coach. That said, during the time LeBron has been injured, Ham was actually coaching this team to play better basketball. Granted, AD playing the way he has helped a lot. But, that's how it's looked, so far.

The problem is, despite all the "Facts of Feelings" Ham preached before the season, I don't see it. Why did he continue to play Bev as much as he did, when its obvious how bad he is. Now, when LeBron comes back, all the fluid team ball we had been playing with...slowly goes down the drain. LeBron does what he wants. Like he always has. Nothing has changed.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron is starting to be a detriment to team basketball. Ham needs to check him a bit. Facts over feelings.

Good luck with that. Everybody knows Laker players and employees must bend the knee to King Lebron.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

The Lakers led by 9 heading into the 4th Q tonight. In the final frame, LAL shot 8-for-22 as a team, with LeBron James going 2-for-8, and the Pacers came back to win it, 116-115. Anthony Davis only took two shots in the 4th. L.A. is now 7-12.

It's unfortunate that our 2 ball handlers love to go hero ball at the end of games while they leave the best player on the team without shot attempts. Next time, do something Ham.

That's actually a pretty normal progression towards the end of the game. The issue is the quality of our closers.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

this guy got 4 years? hope it wasn't big dollars, lol.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

troy wrote:
2019 wrote:

Good luck with that. Everybody knows Laker players and employees must bend the knee to King Lebron.

No coach has won this battle, let alone a new coach on a lowly team like the Lake Show.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham on the Lakers’ stagnant offense down the stretch: β€œThat falls on me. I’ll take responsibility for that”

No freaking kidding.
Many of us saw that in real time. It's called Lebron ball. It's not hard to see. Fix it next time.

Quote:
Kevin O'Connor
@KevinOConnorNBA

Anthony Davis is playing at an elite level right now. How is he not getting a touch on every possession down the stretch? How does he only get two shots in the fourth? And he can facilitate too. It makes no sense. Darvin Ham needs to make sure AD is being fed the ball late game.

Even this goof, knows Ham needs to do something.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Up 17... Ham decides to play the oldest guy on court the whole 4th quarter. Then decided to close out with both Russ and Schro over Walker. Also failed to get AD the ball in the 4th.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham on LeBron's fourth quarter shooting:

"Those are looks he normally makes, they just didn't fall tonight. I'm totally comfortable with him taking those shots."

I hope this is just to protect your player in public, and you're not really believing this moronic take in private.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham on LeBron's fourth quarter shooting:

"Those are looks he normally makes, they just didn't fall tonight. I'm totally comfortable with him taking those shots."

I hope this is just to protect your player in public, and you're not really believing this moronic take in private.

If he actually believes that, then there is no hope for this team. He could have been honest, while not lambasting LeBron. Something along the lines of, "I didn't make the correct adjustments as a coach, to close the game. I put our guys in bad spots, resulting in them being forced to take bad shots. LeBron is a better shooter than he showed tonight. But, I have to do a better job of getting him higher quality looks."

There. Did Ham's job for him. Where's my assistant coach check?
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

bryant 3minutes good job ham!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Coach us to a win against the Bucks and I’ll forgive tonight’s blunder
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject:

Also why not have Walker and TBJ in there on the last final defensive possession instead of Schroder and Russ? Makes no sense when you probably needed longer and smarter defenders at that time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 75 of 277
Jump to: