Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 117577

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Great job not playing Russ to close the game.


Made the right call. And he has to be prepared to do that more, especially if we make trades and get better shooters, and especially when Austin/Lonnie/AD return too.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bigger sample size is finally starting to capture the Lakers’ offensive punch.

On the season, LAL is now #15 in ORtg, after the historically bad start.

Over the last 35 games (starting November 13th), the Lakers are #6 in the NBA in ORtg.

Offense is legitimately good.

_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 21617

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bigger sample size is finally starting to capture the Lakers’ offensive punch.

On the season, LAL is now #15 in ORtg, after the historically bad start.

Over the last 35 games (starting November 13th), the Lakers are #6 in the NBA in ORtg.

Offense is legitimately good.


I’m actually surprised at how good the offense is honestly. Ham’s reputation seems to hold true as he had a clunky roster producing.
_________________
2 star model does not work if your stars are not available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 11661

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Great job not playing Russ to close the game.


Made the right call. And he has to be prepared to do that more, especially if we make trades and get better shooters, and especially when Austin/Lonnie/AD return too.


Ham deserves major props for how he's handled the Westbrook situation. Going into the season it looked impossible that the team wouldn't implode with him still on the team (remember Vegas SL when Bron and Russ were in a stare down ).
_________________
Member: Austin β€œManu” Reaves fan club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Great job not playing Russ to close the game.


Made the right call. And he has to be prepared to do that more, especially if we make trades and get better shooters, and especially when Austin/Lonnie/AD return too.


Ham deserves major props for how he's handled the Westbrook situation. Going into the season it looked impossible that the team wouldn't implode with him still on the team (remember Vegas SL when Bron and Russ were in a stare down ).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bigger sample size is finally starting to capture the Lakers’ offensive punch.

On the season, LAL is now #15 in ORtg, after the historically bad start.

Over the last 35 games (starting November 13th), the Lakers are #6 in the NBA in ORtg.

Offense is legitimately good.


I’m actually surprised at how good the offense is honestly. Ham’s reputation seems to hold true as he had a clunky roster producing.


When tim was showing all the actions that ham implemented vs Vogel, I felt the offense was gonna be better. They were missing good looks. I'm actually a little disappointed that the defense stinks. I know it'll be better with AD though.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Man, it's tough.
Russ has been pretty good on defense.
But he makes so many mistakes on offense.
Mr. Momentum Killer.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 May 2021
Posts: 326

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't get excising Wenyen from the rotation when his hustle and tenacity has helped keep the team afloat during this injury-plagued stretch. Seems like Ham is committed to played small despite getting some size back. Russ/Bev/Schroeder should never see the court together again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 10036

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Man, it's tough.
Russ has been pretty good on defense.
But he makes so many mistakes on offense.
Mr. Momentum Killer.


Russ is a nice piece during the regular season.. if you can call him that.. but come playoffs, he's a completely liability - a disaster if you will.

Surprised that as Russ comes in, the tide turns the Spurs way?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 2438

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
I don't get excising Wenyen from the rotation when his hustle and tenacity has helped keep the team afloat during this injury-plagued stretch. Seems like Ham is committed to played small despite getting some size back. Russ/Bev/Schroeder should never see the court together again.


Christie has looked much better, but I had shocked Wenyan was the odd man out. Just think what happens when Reeves and Lonnie come back. I mean there has to be another trade to consolidate some of these pieces in my mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

Look at this guys 3pt shooting %

https://ibb.co/h8bfD2X

Unacceptable.


Look at how they are crowding Davis because of the non shooters around him. Then on the other end AD has to be Dwight Howard + Kareem + Shaq + Pippen + Gary Payton on defense for us to have a chance.


Dennis 6"1
Bev 6"1
Brick 6"4
Brown 6"6

smh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22942

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Russ has been pretty good on defense.


….did we not watch the same Clippers and Spurs game? Russ leaves his man open all the time for easy defensive rebounding, he gets beat all the time on the dribble, and gives zero effort.

Look at what Schroder does on defense and ask if Russ has EVER done any of those things here? You would be a liar if you said yes good sir!
_________________
Russell Westbrick: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Look at this guys 3pt shooting %

https://ibb.co/h8bfD2X

Unacceptable.


Look at how they are crowding Davis because of the non shooters around him. Then on the other end AD has to be Dwight Howard + Kareem + Shaq + Pippen + Gary Payton on defense for us to have a chance.


Dennis 6"1
Bev 6"1
Brick 6"4
Brown 6"6

smh


I get that ppl sag off of Russ, but using that picture to complain about them sagging off of all our other players seems disingenuous. They ran a Russ/AD pnr while Dennis was in the paint. I'm sure there's a better example out there, but this one isn't it imo.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Look at this guys 3pt shooting %

https://ibb.co/h8bfD2X

Unacceptable.


Look at how they are crowding Davis because of the non shooters around him. Then on the other end AD has to be Dwight Howard + Kareem + Shaq + Pippen + Gary Payton on defense for us to have a chance.


Dennis 6"1
Bev 6"1
Brick 6"4
Brown 6"6

smh


I get that ppl sag off of Russ, but using that picture to complain about them sagging off of all our other players seems disingenuous. They ran a Russ/AD pnr while Dennis was in the paint. I'm sure there's a better example out there, but this one isn't it imo.
Thats obviously not what I am trying to show because I even put Davis 3PT shooting. I am showing you that its stunted. There is 0 reason for it. You interpret that picture how you want. From the point of a data scientist I see this:

Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter

and undersize, that is what I am trying to show you.
nothing else?

Can you explain what advantages this line up provides?

PG.Dennis
SG.Beverly
SF.Brick
PF.Brown
C.Davis

This is what I am trying to show. That we are doing things that are working against us and I dont understand why. I want to win not lose.

We started a terrible team vs the spurs the worst team in the league and found ourselves down 12 until Davis and Rui came in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

I think no one wants the 3 guard lineup. If that was your point, we agree.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!


Last edited by epic_ on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 16950

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Look at this guys 3pt shooting %

https://ibb.co/h8bfD2X

Unacceptable.


Look at how they are crowding Davis because of the non shooters around him. Then on the other end AD has to be Dwight Howard + Kareem + Shaq + Pippen + Gary Payton on defense for us to have a chance.


Dennis 6"1
Bev 6"1
Brick 6"4
Brown 6"6

smh


I get that ppl sag off of Russ, but using that picture to complain about them sagging off of all our other players seems disingenuous. They ran a Russ/AD pnr while Dennis was in the paint. I'm sure there's a better example out there, but this one isn't it imo.
Thats obviously not what I am trying to show because I even put Davis 3PT shooting. I am showing you that its stunted. There is 0 reason for it. You interpret that picture how you want. From the point of a data scientist I see this:

Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter
Poor shooter

and undersize, that is what I am trying to show you.
nothing else?

Can you explain what advantages this line up provides?

PG.Dennis
SG.Beverly
SF.Brick
PF.Brown
C.Davis

This is what I am trying to show. That we are doing things that are working against us and I dont understand why. I want to win not lose.

We started a terrible team vs the spurs the worst team in the league and found ourselves down 12 until Davis and Rui came in.

this lineup should only exist to do full court press like High school.
like the other day when we play the clippers, they had one glaring weakness which is no capable PG when Reggie jackson is off the court and we didn't start press PG until the 2nd half with Pat bev and DS, why do you play them together if you are not even going to do full court press on their ball handlers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I think no one wants the 3 guard lineup. If that was your point, we agree.


Can we agree that we also don't want a 4 guard line up which was what I tried to illustrate and also that those 4 guards are bad shooters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 23170

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Bigger sample size is finally starting to capture the Lakers’ offensive punch.

On the season, LAL is now #15 in ORtg, after the historically bad start.

Over the last 35 games (starting November 13th), the Lakers are #6 in the NBA in ORtg.

Offense is legitimately good.


I’m actually surprised at how good the offense is honestly. Ham’s reputation seems to hold true as he had a clunky roster producing.


It's also because guys are starting to hit their threes.

Ham's offense much like Budenhozer's offense is designed to get people wide open threes, often they get the most wide open threes in the league. It's about hitting them though.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
I think no one wants the 3 guard lineup. If that was your point, we agree.


Can we agree that we also don't want a 4 guard line up which was what I tried to illustrate and also that those 4 guards are bad shooters.


Yes, we don't want that lineup that played 2 minutes last night (with a +14.3 net rating [57.1 Ortg haha, 42.9 Drtg haha]), which happened to be the first time that lineup played together all season.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 1244
Location: San Francisco, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject:

Everyone - "now that we got Rui our roster has much more balance, we won't have to run 3 guards in 90% of our lineups!"
Ham - "Absolutely not."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1544

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Posted in another thread, wanted to include it here where it belongs:

Overall Ham gets a D.

- Consistent poor 1st quarter team performance to start the game appears to indicate a lack of effective coaching preparedness.
- Continually getting outplayed in the 3rd quarter seems to point to lack of halftime adjustments in the locker-room
- 9 games lost on the last possession or two could show an inability to draw up a scheme or implement a rotation that closes out games successfully.
- Particularly, in regard to closing out games, the losses have a common culprit...turnovers, missed multiple shots especially 3s, poor decision making, and failing to get a defensive rebound. These problems should have been addressed such that so many games would not be lost the same way.

Additionally, the 3 and 4 guard line-ups have given up leads and increased deficits resulting in losses. Ham had it looking like Bryant was unplayable with DNPs and 4 minutes of playing time but after AD went out Bryant showed that he could play, and may have been a better option over the 4-guard strategy that could have resulted in more wins.

Finally, Ham's infatuation with Pat Beverly in the line-up, tho Bev has looked good lately, appears to indicate a lack of awareness from the coach on how to go with what's working and what's not and when to switch.

The reason Ham has earned a D instead of F is because he moved WB to the bench...which is really just phycological jostling but effective for the fans... because WB IS NOT better than last year. I don't want to argue the point about WB, just look it up if there is disagreement.

Big picture...the team fired a coach (justifiably agreed with the decision) that won a championship for the team after the team had a losing record below .500 and missed the post season, if Ham is no better, with a slightly better roster, though still flawed he cannot get a decent grade. The Lakers are there right now...below .500 losing record not in position currently to qualify for the postseason.

Ham's grade can change but for now he gets no higher than a D.
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 7516
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:

if Ham is no better, with a slightly better roster, though still flawed.


Slightly Better? Except for Malik, would anyone we "lost" be in the rotation this year?

This roster is substantially better than last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 13364

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Don’t play Russ late and let bron ad close
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1546

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LOL can we survive this Dennis-Bev this guy is nutts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1544

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:

if Ham is no better, with a slightly better roster, though still flawed.


Slightly Better? Except for Malik, would anyone we "lost" be in the rotation this year?

This roster is substantially better than last year.


Slightly better than last year or substantially better than last year...the point is that Vogel was fired last year with the team below .500 and out of the postseason, Ham has this year's team in the same position so he can't get a good grade for now. Of course it can improve if the team improves but for now Ham is just above failing.
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 94 of 105
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB