Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1528828283801853952
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we’ll get lucky and trade Westbrook, then rehire Vogel. Defense wins championships and I don’t see any coach available that is as good as him on that end of the floor.

We’re probably stuck with WB until mid season trade deadline through.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm with SAS. Why isn't Mark Jackson's name in the mix? The job he did in The Bay should have gotten him a mention. He put the base of the current team together.

I don't know how much he influenced the hires. I believe he was very instrumental in forging the roster.

The thing that puzzles and gives me cause to pause is he hasn't been offered a head coaching job since he was let go. Is there a reason we don't know about?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm with SAS. Why isn't Mark Jackson's name in the mix? The job he did in The Bay should have gotten him a mention. He put the base of the current team together.

I don't know how much he influenced the hires. I believe he was very instrumental in forging the roster.

The thing that puzzles and gives me cause to pause is he hasn't been offered a head coaching job since he was let go. Is there a reason we don't know about?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/06/22/report-mark-jackson-tried-to-poison-warriors-against-festus-ezeli/

This doesn’t even touch on his religious fanaticism. No one has given him a job in years for a reason.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm with SAS. Why isn't Mark Jackson's name in the..

No no no no…no. I’m gonna stop you right there. Because, just no.

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig? And it’s just SAS catering to the lowest common denominator on his hot take station. Don’t be in that demographic.

Just stop. Be better.

Last edited by Megaton on Mon May 23, 2022 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig?

Just stop. Be better.

Why does he still have the broadcaster gig? I personally hate both him and Van Gundy ... I can't believe we can't find better talent.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You’re seriously asking why no team is interested in a religious zealot, absolute nutcase, and just a downright bad person, and a horrible mind in the coaching field, isn’t getting a coaching gig?

Just stop. Be better.

Why does he still have the broadcaster gig? I personally hate both him and Van Gundy ... I can't believe we can't find better talent.

Truly a wonder indeed. I wish I had answers for that one. I would rather have Reggie Miller there and THAT is saying something.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/06/22/report-mark-jackson-tried-to-poison-warriors-against-festus-ezeli/

This doesn’t even touch on his religious fanaticism. No one has given him a job in years for a reason.

You didn't post the replies

Quote:
fearthehoodyJune 22, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Very lib of you to prejudge a man on a rumor on a blog.

1625Rate This
mrjamesduffyJune 22, 2015 at 2:34 PM
Very um, something, of you to post-judge someone of being very lib to prejudge a man on a rumor on a blog.

207Rate This
dedalus13June 22, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Very um um um… whatever

140Rate This
sportsfan18June 22, 2015 at 5:28 PM
dum dum wants gum gum

61Rate This
jimeejohnsonJune 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Nope: too stupid. Might swallow it.

51Rate This
gundamanJune 22, 2015 at 3:30 PM
This has to be a joke…He was a player as well. I don’t think he would resort to that and I also don’t think telling players that Fetus was cheering against them would really motivate them.

123Rate This
mnsadsportsfanJune 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM
Hand down man down!

52Rate This
genericcommenterJune 22, 2015 at 5:43 PM
“Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good”

Sorry, this sentence makes no sense to me. Who is “he” and how would this make ANYONE look “good”?

184Rate This
jimeejohnsonJune 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM
Mark Jackson: Evangelical evil wizard.

123Rate This
kamauthabitiJune 23, 2015 at 2:26 AM
you guys still slamming Mark Jackson to make the white coach look god, why. the warriors just won the title, leave it alone.

414Rate This
mrjamesduffyJune 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Everyone is always slamming turkey sandwiches to make ham look good. Turkey is lower calorie and does not contain nitrates, leave it alone. What does this have to do what what you said? That’s right, nothing.

41Rate This
alongthegulfJune 23, 2015 at 9:20 PM
For the most part, NBA players are men, not boys, playing a sport. Most men don’t like to be preached to. As a coach, you treat men like men. They respond better. Jackson liked to preach to his players. In Jackson’s defense he his an ordained preacher. Jackson had difficulty separating the two. His players began turning him off as did management. The Warriors as a team had gone as far as they could under Jackson. Management realized that and made a business decision to go with another coach. To me, it looked like a great decision and as a result the Warriors won the NBA Championship!

31Rate This
jusdre313June 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM
not a word of it.. its funny because people will take this and run with it like its the law

2728Rate This
masterpoopJune 22, 2015 at 1:03 PM
and then there are people who says its false.. nobody knows the truth.. dont pretend you do either.
its really mean if its true.. so i choose to believe it is not.

1215Rate This
< 1 2

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 23, 2022 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

Truly a wonder indeed. I wish I had answers for that one. I would rather have Reggie Miller there and THAT is saying something.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan. After Vinny and Chick, all others are amatures.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan.

Mark is corny as an announcer but he's whatever he's fine.

I like both Van Gundys

Reggie makes me want to jump off the top of a building. I end up watching almost the entire game on mute when he's on.

But no Mark Jackson as a coach. No no no. I'm glad to hear he's out of the running.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I read a lot of posts about broadcasters people don't like. Matter of opinion. I like Mark and Stan.

I like both Van Gundys

Reggie makes me want to jump off the top of a building. I end up watching almost the entire game on mute when he's on.

But no Mark Jackson as a coach. No no no. I'm glad to hear he's out of the running.

Why?

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I like both Van Gundys

Why?

You're asking LG posters why they don't want Mark Jackson instead of asking yourself why the entire NBA hasn't bothered hiring him and outside of two teams (The Knicks and sigh, the Lakers) nobody has so much as interviewed him.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I personally don't mind if someone hires either of these guy's for coaches so I don't have listen to them boardcast games anymore!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, the qualities that the front office wants in their next head coach is also the reason why this head coaching job isn't very appealing for aspiring NBA head coaches.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

There's a reason Mark Jackson has not been offered a job in like 10 years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TDRock wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Megaton wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just stop. Be better.

I like both Van Gundys

Why?

You're asking LG posters why they don't want Mark Jackson instead of asking yourself why the entire NBA hasn't bothered hiring him and outside of two teams (The Knicks and sigh, the Lakers) nobody has so much as interviewed him.

I'm asking why because I don't know why. I've read the rumors. If you have credible evidence to authenticate them post them. If you don't,,,,

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

RestEasyBlackMamba wrote:

As in the above post, I'm asking what are they? If you have creditable evidence to support the reason please post them. If not.....

It's my experience some are posting what they HEARD not what they KNOW

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 23, 2022 3:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

We need our head coach to be able to control the locker room more than x's and o's imo (if you had to choose one).
As important is having legit assistants to fill in where he lacks.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
We need our head coach to be able to control the locker room more than x's and o's imo (if you had to choose one).

We also need one that will stand up to management. One that will let FO know he wants to coach without interference. A coach who will let it be known he/she (Linda ) doesn't need the FO telling them who to and who not to play. Jeanie has to rid herself of the Rambis.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
epic_ wrote:

We also need one that will stand up to management. One that will let FO know he wants to coach without interference. A coach who will let it be known he/she (Linda ) doesn't need the FO telling them who to and who not to play. Jeanie has to rid herself of the Rambis.

Most definitely.
It's one thing to get input from someone who knows today's game and players. It's another when the freaking Rambises who probably think it's still the 80s give input.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject:

From what I have read, Mark Jackson is a really good coach and a decent broadcaster, but, with that said, I also know he's a serious bible thumbing anti-everything outside of the Bible, type of guy.
I believe he was seriously anti-gay while at Golden State when one of the big execs there, who is gay, must have been turn off by that.
I think for Mark, if you are too much of a bible thumping, anti-gay, anti-gay marriage, etc., etc., it's going to catch up with you.

In my opinion, he must have burned some serious bridges within the executive body of the NBA. Seems like players still like him but, like others have said, he hasn't gotten a gig in over 10 years....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Personally I see no chance of this happening but it happened with Vogel, Kidd, and Hollins after al three interviewed but I would LOVE to see:

Ham
- Stotts
- Handy

Ham is the leader + defense, Stotts is all O, Handy is development and skill.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Marc reports that a source told him this weekend "that the list of coaches under consideration by the Lakers is 'still wider' than the reported trio of Ham, Stotts and Atkinson."

You mean there's still a chance for Doc Rivers? 😂

(bleep) me how is this happening

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1528775945619918851

We are so (bleep) pathetic

We got Russell Westbrook the player and now we want to get the Russell Westbrook coach version in Doc Rivers.

Can't make this shh up.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

As in the above post, I'm asking what are they? If you have creditable evidence to support the reason please post them. If not.....

This and the free agency thread are based entirely on hearsay stuff. When was the last time a team offered "creditable evidence" on why they didn't hire a certain coach or pursue a certain player? Are you looking for official team releases or videos of press conferences where they announce reasons they chose not to hire someone in particular? And is stuff like that ever taken at face value? Teams manage perceptions first and give you facts maybe 2nd, 3rd, 4th, usually not at all.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It's what we infer. You're right about that. There was a lot of negativity about his time with the Warriors. We infer that this is why no one has given him another shot as a head coach. We would never actually "know" unless some team executive came out and said "We wouldn't touch Mark Jackson with a ten foot pole after what happened with the Warriors." They never do that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 28 of 277
Jump to: