Naomi Judd dies at 76
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

How did this topic get to UC tuition fees?

Anyways, feel bad for Naomi for having to suffer. And to Ashley for having to find her mom. And to Wynonna and the rest of their family for losing Naomi.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
How did this topic get to UC tuition fees?

Anyways, feel bad for Naomi for having to suffer. And to Ashley for having to find her mom. And to Wynonna and the rest of their family for losing Naomi.

Ronald Reagan's mental health connection. Pg 1

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I saw Ashley Judd on The Talk today. I didn't watch the show. She looks so much like her mother. She's gained weight.

Yeah, haven't seen her in years. Hardly recognize her. I think she had alot of plastic surgery done as well. It changed her face, especially her cheeks.

Honestly, if no one told me it was Ashley Judd, I don't know if I would have made the connection.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Lost in all of that - prior to Reagan's governorship, The University of California was free for California residents. That's right - no tuition, and a very diverse student body.

I only know UC Irvine's history, which dates back to 1965. There was tuition from the start (but even inflation adjusted, it was way cheaper than today). Reagan didn't become governor until 1967. I know in the 1980s California was paying 75% of the costs; now it's closer to 25%.

My tuition in 94-99 (5 year plan lol) was really reasonable. It was something like $1600 a quarter. Not cheap at the time but nothing even close to what my nephews and neices that are currently attending UC's across the state. it's almost tripled since then. 2 bedroom apartmenets were renting in the low to mid 1000's. Double or more these days.

I'd do the JC -> UC path in a heartbeat if I were attending college now.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Shot herself. Maybe if she didn't have access to a gun . . .
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

......she would have poisoned herself instead?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Women don't usually go the firearm route. So clearly she was intent. I'm not sure the method, and access to it, is really the issue in this case.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Less than 2% of suicide attempts by poisoning or OD are lethal. 90% of attempts with firearms are successful. Human beings are hard to kill.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Women don't usually go the firearm route. So clearly she was intent. I'm not sure the method, and access to it, is really the issue in this case.

Hunter S. Thompson once said he couldn't live anywhere lest he had his guns with him. Reason being, he knew he was likely going to kill himself at some point, which he did. He was on the phone w/ his wife or ex-wife while he did it and said something to the effect that he never expected to make it to 52 anyway, meaning that was good enough for him w/ his problems, so take solace in that BLAM! It went something like that.

One of the first celeb cases I think of re: access to guns being the final factor that made a situation fatal was Phil Hartman's wife. I'd have to research how she came about it or if it was owned by Phil, etc, but he might still be with us if she didn't have one. She turned it on herself, too. Men who commit suicide usually do it with a gun to a very high degree, so when a woman does it, she is way past the point of no return. If I were Phil, I wouldn't have wanted to own one or wanted Brynn to own one given some of her psychological issues.

Another is that nutball who killed Selena. A nobody who conned her way into a fanclub role w/ her. Yolanda Saldivar said that on their last meeting where she fatally shot her, she basically blacked out in panic of losing her as the thing that gave Saldivar all of her validation. When I watched a thing on that not too long ago, I thought that was probably the truth given her stalkery/conwoman personality.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Less than 2% of suicide attempts by poisoning or OD are lethal. 90% of attempts with firearms are successful. Human beings are hard to kill.

Cobain took a massive dose of heroin before killing himself, from what I recall. I always wondered if one was connected to the other if the heroin was just him doing his last hit. Heroin will do it, tho. Although he probably weighed 100 lbs soaking wet, Sid Vicious couldn't have been anything but a massive heroin user. When he got out of Riker's detoxed, he was killed by a hit of heroin his mother bought for him. Detectives said baggies of heroin on the nightstand were high purity (this was 1979 which makes you think of Denzel's Magic Blue in "American Gangster"). However, it was still a dose he might've survived before detoxing. Goes to show that a posterchild for heroin use could detox to the level that a fresh hit could kill him just like that.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon May 16, 2022 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Probably 99% of all suicide attempts in prison don’t involve a gun....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: