Woman finds a strange man on her porch at 6am and shoots him (condition unknown).

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Woman finds a strange man on her porch at 6am and shoots him (condition unknown).

Quote:
Woman shoots stranger who refused to leave front porch in Spring area, deputies say

April 21, 2022

SPRING, Texas (KTRK) -- It was a scary morning for a family in northeast Harris County when a stranger wouldn't leave their front porch, and moments later, shots were fired.

SkyEye video from above the home in the 2500 block of Joyful Forest Drive in the Breckenridge Forest Subdivision showed a lot of blood on the driveway and in the entrance area of the home.

ABC13 reporter Erica Simon spoke with the homeowner involved off-camera, who said she was still trying to process everything that happened Thursday morning just after 6 a.m.

The woman said she was getting her kids ready for school when she noticed a man she didn't recognize on her front porch.

That's when Harris County sheriff's deputies said the woman called 911. She told operators the man wouldn't leave.

Doorbell camera footage reportedly shows the woman asking the man repeatedly to leave.

Eventually, she came outside. Deputies said while holding the man at gunpoint, she called family members for backup.

When the man did not comply with the homeowner's request to leave, she fired her gun, investigators said.

"Mom was getting ready to actually take the kids to school, and that's when she was alerted from her motion that somebody was on her front porch. And that's when all this started," Investigator Bryan O'Neal said. "So definitely not a good way to start your morning on Thursday morning."

Deputies said the mother shot the man between four and six times. The woman's boyfriend, who lives nearby, showed up at the scene and also reportedly fired his gun.

The man was taken to the hospital, where he underwent surgery. His condition and identity are unknown. Investigators believe he is between the ages of 45 and 50.

There are still a lot of questions about why the man was at the home in the first place. It is unclear if he was at the home by mistake or was possibly intoxicated at the time of the shooting.

When it comes to possible charges, the Harris County District Attorney's Office will be reviewing the case. The homeowner is cooperating with investigators.

Deputies said the mother and her children were unharmed.

https://abc13.com/woman-shoots-man-breckenridge-forest-shots-fired-shot-after-refusing-to-leave-property-shooting-investigation/11776364/

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mother-preparing-to-take-her-kids-to-school-spots-stranger-on-front-porch-he-refuses-her-demands-to-leave-so-mom-shoots-him-multiple-times

Yeah, this is a strange story. She had already called 911. He wasn't trying to break into her home.

I don't know what the Texas laws are about this. I don't know if she needed to shoot this man 4-6 times before the cops arrived.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

I've been told that in Texas, you need to have permission to be on someone's property. If she felt threatened, the person would not leave, kids present, I doubt she gets charged.

Also, don't mess with a mama bear and her cubs.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I've been told that in Texas, you need to have permission to be on someone's property. If she felt threatened, the person would not leave, kids present, I doubt she gets charged.

What about the boyfriend who doesn't live there? He came over firing as well.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the better decision would have been to just lock/barricade the door, and stay armed and ready until the police arrived. It's obviously easier said than done.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I wonder if the better decision would have been to just lock/barricade the door, and stay armed and ready until the police arrived. It's obviously easier said than done.

That also seemed to be the safer decision when you think about it. Safer than opening the door, stepping outside and confronting the man.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Deputies said the mother shot the man between four and six times.

The woman's boyfriend, who lives nearby, showed up at the scene and also reportedly fired his gun.

Yeah I’m really curious about the boyfriend’s actions. He wasn’t there, and didn’t live there. She called him and he came over firing.

Had the police showed up, I don’t think they’d be within their rights to come to the house firing.

So then the boyfriend would have more authority to shoot than the police.

And then if you think about it, how far can this rule extend? Can she call her coworker? A neighbor? Can they all just come firing? Everyone would have more authority to fire than the actual police?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:11 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

They did a movie about that called The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, 74. Buncha Scooby Doo KIDS in their green Mystery Machine van got their come uppance fer meddling!

There was a line in there telling the lunkheads that if they go mess around on peoples' property, some folks (hulking simpleton murderers who wear human skin masks) won't mind showing them the biz.

This is also the kind of story that should make Downey Jr get the cold sweats. He's lucky he didn't saunter into a kids' bedroom like Goldilocks in a state like Texas.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

The woman's boyfriend, who lives nearby, showed up at the scene and also reportedly fired his gun.

Yeah I’m really curious about the boyfriend’s actions. He wasn’t there, and didn’t live there. She called him and he came over firing.

Had the police showed up, I don’t think they’d be within their rights to come to the house firing.

And then if you think about it, how far can this rule extend? Can she call her coworker? A neighbor? Can they all just come firing? Everyone would have more authority to fire than the actual police?

"I thought she was in immediate life threatening danger." Depending on the state the "stranger" was in when he fired, that could come down as defense of others.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:

"I thought she was in immediate life threatening danger." Depending on the state the "stranger" was in when he fired, that could come down as defense of others.

No doubt, if there's more evidence, then that definitely changes the story.

But the story that we have so far is that he refused to leave, she asked him multiple times to leave and he refused to leave. She called her boyfriend. And they both started shooting.

She did talk to the reporter, so she could have told them more, like the stranger made a sudden threatening move, or reached into his pocket, something. But, so far, it just looks like the story she's telling (and it's also on camera) is that the man refused to leave and she shot him and the boyfriend did too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Boyfriend, machoism. No law I know can shield him. Punish him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: