Scottie Pippen Names Two Lakers In His All-Time Starting Five
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1598

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Scottie Pippen Names Two Lakers In His All-Time Starting Five

G- Magic
G- Jordan
F- Pippen
F- Antetokounmpo
C- Shaq

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/look-scottie-pippen-names-his-all-time-starting-five/ar-AAWVjPG?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 19615

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

Feels like Scottie changes his all-time 5 yearly.
_________________
Any team want to trade for our pickup basketball players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11867

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Feels like Scottie changes his all-time 5 yearly.


Yeah it's amusing. I mean didn't he say Lebron was better than Jordan a few years ago? Now Lebron isn't even in his top 5?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 2604

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

The audacity of choosing himself over LeBron or even Bird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

scottie was nasty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1598

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
scottie was nasty.


Yes, he was. I never could stand that Bulls dynasty but respect to one of the best two-way players to ever play the game. There isn't a player in this era that is on his prime level as a defender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 33660

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Feels like Scottie changes his all-time 5 yearly.


Yeah it's amusing. I mean didn't he say Lebron was better than Jordan a few years ago? Now Lebron isn't even in his top 5?


I understand that. I don't have an all-time 5 etched in stone myself. Depending on my mood, I could swap out several different players on any given day.

I'd say the real answer is: Pippen's top 5 includes Shaq, Magic, and Jordan, and the final 2 spots could be filled with 5 or 6 guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 35102

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Give the whole team the 3 and enjoy the brick fest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Halflife wrote:
scottie was nasty.


Yes, he was. I never could stand that Bulls dynasty but respect to one of the best two-way players to ever play the game. There isn't a player in this era that is on his prime level as a defender.

maybe freak when he's dialed in but that's it and even that's a big maybe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 15577

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Halflife wrote:
scottie was nasty.


Yes, he was. I never could stand that Bulls dynasty but respect to one of the best two-way players to ever play the game. There isn't a player in this era that is on his prime level as a defender.

maybe freak when he's dialed in but that's it and even that's a big maybe.


Klaw was, 7 years ago.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 29160

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Halflife wrote:
scottie was nasty.


Yes, he was. I never could stand that Bulls dynasty but respect to one of the best two-way players to ever play the game. There isn't a player in this era that is on his prime level as a defender.

maybe freak when he's dialed in but that's it and even that's a big maybe.


Klaw was, 7 years ago.


And it's light years harder to play defense on the perimeter today compared to the 80s and 90s. No handcheck, goons like Harden initiating all contact and getting the whistle, ticky tack bump fouls...
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3988

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, if you were actually trying to make a team of stars with the intent of winning, it might not be a bad idea to have Pippen over some individually superior players, given what a great complementary player he was. His skill set could fit in with anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Honestly, if you were actually trying to make a team of stars with the intent of winning, it might not be a bad idea to have Pippen over some individually superior players, given what a great complementary player he was. His skill set could fit in with anyone.

he's always on my 5. He and Kobe never change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 7505

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Honestly, if you were actually trying to make a team of stars with the intent of winning, it might not be a bad idea to have Pippen over some individually superior players, given what a great complementary player he was. His skill set could fit in with anyone.


Very true
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

He put himself
_________________
17 99 19 22 44 13 25 52 33
32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3 Mic.

48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11867

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
I'd say the real answer is: Pippen's top 5 includes Shaq, Magic, and Jordan, and the final 2 spots could be filled with 5 or 6 guys.


Yeah my main point is just how scattered his opinions have been, and I think part of that is some of his feelings towards Jordan. I mean he caused a lot of controversy when he speculated that Lebron was better than Jordan a few years ago. And if Jordan is his GOAT then you would think Lebron would one of those in the top 5. If he's not then it shows that his original thoughts were more vindictive than anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 33662
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject:

One of these players is not like the others…
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 15405

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Honestly, if you were actually trying to make a team of stars with the intent of winning, it might not be a bad idea to have Pippen over some individually superior players, given what a great complementary player he was. His skill set could fit in with anyone.


I could see that point, but on this team even Lebron would be a better fit just simply because he would be the best 3 point shooter on the team and he isn't even a great one. Durant, Kawhi and Bird would be better fits than both on a team that lacks any shooters.

Scottie is an all time great, but I think he is getting very delusional as he ages. Not because of this. This is funny. A lot of people overhype themselves. Some of his other comments since the last dance doc have been way out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

Shaq and freak seem odd together.

Freak and dream

Or Shaq and td
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 27030

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
activeverb wrote:
I'd say the real answer is: Pippen's top 5 includes Shaq, Magic, and Jordan, and the final 2 spots could be filled with 5 or 6 guys.


Yeah my main point is just how scattered his opinions have been, and I think part of that is some of his feelings towards Jordan. I mean he caused a lot of controversy when he speculated that Lebron was better than Jordan a few years ago. And if Jordan is his GOAT then you would think Lebron would one of those in the top 5. If he's not then it shows that his original thoughts were more vindictive than anything else.


You know that it's a slow news day when someone thinks that Scottie Pippen's latest opinion merits a thread in the Lounge.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 20612
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
He put himself


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 29160

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
activeverb wrote:
I'd say the real answer is: Pippen's top 5 includes Shaq, Magic, and Jordan, and the final 2 spots could be filled with 5 or 6 guys.


Yeah my main point is just how scattered his opinions have been, and I think part of that is some of his feelings towards Jordan. I mean he caused a lot of controversy when he speculated that Lebron was better than Jordan a few years ago. And if Jordan is his GOAT then you would think Lebron would one of those in the top 5. If he's not then it shows that his original thoughts were more vindictive than anything else.


I kind of give Scottie a pass though. My man has been through a lot recently. His ex-wife cheated on him with a rapper and it was public af. He also lost his son recently. His mental state might be a little fragile.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Scotties career without mj is better than mjs without pip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alpha
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Posts: 24845
Location: hawaii

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Scotties career without mj is better than mjs without pip.


I had to read that twice. Both had skills obviously but IMO MJ's mental strength vaults him in the top 5 discussion... and conversely, why Pip is never in anyone else's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 11309

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Scotties career without mj is better than mjs without pip.


I had to read that twice. Both had skills obviously but IMO MJ's mental strength vaults him in the top 5 discussion... and conversely, why Pip is never in anyone else's.

mj>>>>>>>>>>pip but what each guy did without the other IMHO pip>MJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB