2022 Lakers Draft News (Lakers pick #35 Max Christie; Undrafted Signings: Shareef O'Neal, Pippen Jr.-2-way, Swider-2-way)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

I think we should have drafted Kennedy Chandler.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

greatest draft ever?
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:

dude isnt even 6'0 tall. no room for that in winning basketball
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
j-dawg wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Kings really traded Haliburton for Sabonis and then passed on Ivey for Murray due to "fit issues" with Fox and Mitchell. Poverty franchise.

Yup.. there’s something to be said about those that choose fit over BPA

I am just glad that we don’t have the same scouting department from the early 2000’s anymore.

That kind of thinking leads you to passing up on Jordan because you already have Drexler, Sam Bowie would be a "better fit".

They already did that by picking Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic.

Kings is a lost cause franchise. They should have been moved to Seattle when they had the chance.

Imagine not wanting Luka to take the ball out of Fox's hands. I don't love Ivey, but he's the most talented guard in this draft and the Pistons were happy to pair another ball-handler with Cunningham.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Christie doesn't look like one of those "6'4" (but really 6'2-6'3) shooting guards. Looks every part 6'6", long and lanky. I think he's the type of player to put around AD/LBJ. Smart, cerebral, and I think his shooting will be very good. He apparently is a good defender, but he looks so thin and his strength (or lack of) will be heavily tested. Not sure if he will be a mainstay on the rotation, but a nice developmental player to have for sure.

As is true for most if not all wings, it all comes down to whether he can shoot 38% or better in the league. His college numbers are a concern, but you won't get guys in the second round who don't have question marks. If our scouts think he can make it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. He's likely to be a project, though.

Yeah. I'm hoping for a Danny Green/KCP combo archetype. But it'll come down to his strength (which I think will improve as he is so young) and shooting. His form looks spectacular. Watch some film on him, it's a great looking jumper.

Yeah his shooting tanked at the end of the year so I’m guessing it’s a strength issue. His form is beautiful and he’s an excellent FT shooter so he projects as an above league average shooter as he gets strength and reps. Plus he already competes defensively which should improve with more strength as well.

I’m not going to complain about taking a 6-6 3&D guy at pick 35.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Aike wrote:

A bit short-sighted.

Chris Paul. Iverson. Etc.

Elite hops and quickness. Can shoot it. Handle. Run a team.

And it was the 35th pick. Not like we’re debating top 10.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Like Yinomes take, but hard for me to be excited about guys that may contribute in a couple seasons when we need guys for this upcoming one.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Aike wrote:

A bit short-sighted.

Any of those dudes champions? Didnt think so.

Love how Jesse Buss smiling here when the pick is made.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qexggWAe4&t=27s
If he thinks he got another one here, I'm all in.
Epic1971
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I wish we would bring in some Undrafted Bigs.

Orlando Robinson is 6-11 from Fresno State. Hasn't signed.
John Butler is 7'1' from Florida State. Also available.

Our list so far:

Vanderbilt G Scotty Pippen Jr.
UConn G RJ Cole
Syracuse F Cole Swider
LSU F Shareef O'Neal
Houston F Fabian White Jr.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Aike wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Aike wrote:

A bit short-sighted.

Any of those dudes champions? Didnt think so.

Love how Jesse Buss smiling here when the pick is made.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qexggWAe4&t=27s
If he thinks he got another one here, I'm all in.

1. Both of those guys are HOF talents who have led teams to the Finals. We weren’t even a playoff team last year.

2. There have been 6 footers on championship rosters.

Of course I hope Christie works out. But I’ve watched Kennedy Chandler quite a bit and am confident in his abilities. Was a steal in the 30s.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Michael Scotto
@MikeAScotto
The Los Angeles Lakers have added former Wisconsin Badger Vitto Brown to their Summer League roster, his agency Edge Sports told
@hoopshype
. Brown played well for Seville in Spain’s ACB league.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Michael Scotto
@MikeAScotto
The Los Angeles Lakers have added former Wisconsin Badger Vitto Brown to their Summer League roster, his agency Edge Sports told
@hoopshype
. Brown played well for Seville in Spain’s ACB league.

26 yo, 6'8" PF, playing in "La Madre España". Maybe looking for a spot in the
G-League? maybe.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Christie doesn't look like one of those "6'4" (but really 6'2-6'3) shooting guards. Looks every part 6'6", long and lanky. I think he's the type of player to put around AD/LBJ. Smart, cerebral, and I think his shooting will be very good. He apparently is a good defender, but he looks so thin and his strength (or lack of) will be heavily tested. Not sure if he will be a mainstay on the rotation, but a nice developmental player to have for sure.

He's Kobe sized, 6'6" in shoes or a legit 6'4.5" which in the NBA is wing size if you have some strength. Kawhi is like a little over 6'5" barefoot by comparison

A lot of the 6'4" listed dudes in the NBA are really like 6'1.5" - 6'3" as you said
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Like Yinomes take, but hard for me to be excited about guys that may contribute in a couple seasons when we need guys for this upcoming one.

This is the quintessential dilemma facing the Lakers. Are we on a LeBron timeline, or a Davis one. Personally, I don't see a path where we make changes during the offseason that make us real contenders this year (save the crazy Kyrie stuff). If anything, I'd wait to see if Bron and Davis prove healthy, and then do something at the deadline, which is honestly when Westbrook's value will be at the greatest, either by some rehabilitation by his performance, or by virtue of the majority of his deal already being paid by the Lakers. That assumes no one offers us a quality deal this summer (which seems pretty likely at this point).

If I'm the Lakers, I'm telling Klutch to "Show Me" it's worth future assets to make a run this year. Bron is sure not to like that, but it's the right move for the Lakers.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

For a second round pick I really like this one. Like others have said he has a great looking shot and is smooth asf already from the mid range while also being a very good free throw shooter so I have confidence with Handy hounding him he can further develop into a hopefully solid 3 point shooter. He def. needs to grow into his body and add some weight and muscle. He is already a solid/pesky defender and with the right coaching he can be even better on that end and turn himself into a very solid 3&d guy which would be a beautiful thing to have on our roster at such a young age because you aren't finding these kind of players for cheap in todays NBA. He also seems to be decent at driving to the lane but once again is a bit light so he needs that extra weight especially for the NBA.

I see tons of potential for a long term solid 3&d role player and I have a feeling he'll have a few games where he goes off in summer league and the pre-season that will turn many more people into believers about his shooting. I get some people worried about him not being ready to probably make much noise like Austin in his first season since he's clearly more raw but this was the Lakers taking who they believed was the BPA and as a fan I much prefer that to trying to force fit with a pick they aren't nearly as confident about. The Lakers scouts have been ridiculously on point for awhile now so i'm excited to watch his progress and hopefully they hit another one.

Also, I truthfully have no real idea how good/bad Pippen and O'Neal's kids are but watching them in the summer league will be interesting as I have zero expectation for either. The other additions I haven't even really checked out at all but nice to have some kind of excitement from the Draft.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

That's a tall order for walk ons and a 35th pick.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Epic1971 wrote:
I wish we would bring in some Undrafted Bigs.

Orlando Robinson is 6-11 from Fresno State. Hasn't signed.
John Butler is 7'1' from Florida State. Also available.

Our list so far:

Vanderbilt G Scotty Pippen Jr.
UConn G RJ Cole
Syracuse F Cole Swider
LSU F Shareef O'Neal
Houston F Fabian White Jr.

Really hoping we sign Robinson. My boy is in the Fresno State marching band so I caught a few of their games.

Robinson isn't a freakish, Giannis-type athlete, but he's got legit size (6-9.75 w/o shoes, 7-4 WS) and good, fluid mobility. He was active on glass and not afraid to mix it up, and he has a nice-looking mid-range to arc shot. Good balance and footwork, won't fall over at the first contact in the paint. He does have 3-point range, but I think he only shot 33-35%, max. Would love to see him play next to a versatile frontcourt player like LBJ or AD and maximize his versatility, as well.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Would like to see HyunJung Lee given a look. Having a foot injury a week before the draft hurt his stock, but he deserves a 2way deal
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Curious where would current Reaves be picked in this draft? First rd?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

That's an interesting thought exercise. He has shown that he can play in the NBA, which is better than what many of these guys will accomplish. But his ceiling appears to be limited (though he may surprise me). Up to some point in the draft, teams are going to value guys with upside potential over a sure thing with a lower ceiling. They're looking to draft guys who will be bona fide starters, as opposed to just generally useful bench players. Where would that point come? I'd say at some point after the lottery picks, probably around the mid-'20s. So I'd say that Reaves would be likely to in the 25-40 range, depending on how the teams judge his ceiling (in particular, his ability to improve his three point shooting).
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:

That's an interesting thought exercise. He has shown that he can play in the NBA, which is better than what many of these guys will accomplish. But his ceiling appears to be limited (though he may surprise me). Up to some point in the draft, teams are going to value guys with upside potential over a sure thing with a lower ceiling. They're looking to draft guys who will be bona fide starters, as opposed to just generally useful bench players. Where would that point come? I'd say at some point after the lottery picks, probably around the mid-'20s. So I'd say that Reaves would be likely to in the 25-40 range, depending on how the teams judge his ceiling (in particular, his ability to improve his three point shooting).

you don't think he can be as good as herro?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:

Herro is a near career 40% 3pt shooter after 3 years.. I love Reaves but he has a LONGGGGGGG way to go to be anywhere remotely close to that and in todays NBA especially that's a huge skill to have even if Herro lacks in other areas.

Reaves is more so that glue guy that just does everything good on both ends but isn't really elite at anything and is already 24 years old so I doubt we see any extreme improvements. To put that in perspective Herro is 22 and has been in the NBA 3 years already. I'd just love to see Reaves get to 35% or so next Season and i'd be happy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
governator wrote:

I don't really see the comparison. Herro is more in the mold of J.J. Redick. He's a shooter. Reaves is more of a hustle guy. If Reaves could ever shoot like Herro and Redick, it would be fantastic. I will never say that a young player can't get better, but that would require an enormous leap.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Aike wrote:

A bit short-sighted.

If we had drafted an undersized guard, this board would have lost its mind.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Wondering if the legend of the 27th pick will continue to be real. A recent history:

2013 Rudy Gobert, UTA
2014 Bogdan Bogdanovic, PHO
2015 Larry Nance Jr, LAL
2016 Pascal Siakam, TOR
2017 Kyle Kuzma, LAL
2018 Robert Williams, BOS
2019 Mfiondu Kabengele, LAC (#28 was Jordan Poole)
2020 Udoka Azubuike, UTA
2021 Cam Thomas, BRK
2022 Nikola Jovic, MIA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30
Jump to: