Buffalo shooting: 10 dead; shooter was a fascist, White supremacist and anti-Semite.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject: Buffalo shooting: 10 dead; shooter was a fascist, White supremacist and anti-Semite.

Quote:
10 dead in mass shooting at Buffalo supermarket

- Ten people were killed and three injured during a mass shooting at a supermarket on Saturday afternoon in Buffalo, New York, according to the city's police commissioner.

- The shooting is being investigated as a hate crime and "an act of racially-motivated violent extremism," the US attorney general said.

- The suspect was arraigned on a first-degree murder charge on Saturday evening

- President Biden says he doesn't know if he will go to Buffalo ahead of Asia trip

- Buffalo mass shooting suspect "was scouting the supermarket" and targeted its specific zip code, authorities say

- Buffalo mass shooting suspect "was under surveillance" by medical authorities, New York governor says

-----------------------

Shoppers in and around a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, describe hiding behind cars, calling out for help as a gunman killed 10 people and wounded three others in a mass shooting authorities believe was racially motivated.

Grady Lewis said he was outside the supermarket when he heard seven or eight gunshots, and described seeing a White man "fully prepared, ready to go," dressed in tactical gear spraying gunfire at the entry of the store, which is located in the heart of the city's Black community.

Law enforcement arrived within two minutes after the shooting began, Lewis told CNN affiliate WKBW. He "heard at least 20 or so shots" before the suspect exited the store.

"He came out, he put the gun to his head, to his chin. Then he dropped it and took off his bulletproof vest, then got on his hands and knees and put his hands behind his back," Lewis said, describing the moments the suspect was arrested by police. "I thought they were going to shoot him but they didn't shoot him."

"I still don't even believe it happened ... that a person would go into a supermarket full of people," he said. "It was horrible, it was really horrible."

One woman told WKBW she received a distressing phone call from her "scared, hysterical" 19-year-old granddaughter who was at the supermarket and heard gunshots. The woman raced to the scene and found her granddaughter outside the store.

"I can't even explain it, how grateful I am to God that she's ok because she could have been one of the other people," she told WKBW.

---------------------

Payton Gendron, the 18-year-old man who allegedly shot and killed 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket Saturday afternoon, was motivated by hate, authorities said. He was charged with first degree murder Saturday, Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn said in a news release, and has pleaded not guilty.

Here's what we know about the shooting suspect:

Investigators were reviewing a 180-page purported manifesto that was posted online in connection with the shooting probe, two federal law enforcement sources told CNN on Saturday.

The manifesto, independently obtained by CNN shortly after the attack and before authorities released the suspect's name, is allegedly written by a person claiming to be Payton Gendron confessing to the attack.

The manifesto's author says he bought ammo for some time but didn't get serious about planning the attack until January. The author also goes on about his perceptions of the dwindling size of the White population and claims of ethnic and cultural replacement of Whites.

A portion of the document is written in question-and-answer form.

The manifesto's author attributes the internet for most of his beliefs and describes himself as a fascist, a White supremacist and an anti-Semite.

Authorities say when the suspect arrived at the store around 2:30 p.m., he was heavily armed, wearing tactical gear, a helmet and had a camera that was livestreaming his actions.

The suspect used an assault weapon, Flynn said during the news conference.

The popular livestreaming platform Twitch confirmed Saturday that the shooting suspect used its platform to stream a live broadcast during the attack.

Gendron was arraigned Saturday evening before Buffalo City Court Chief Judge Craig Hannah on one count of first-degree murder, the district attorney's news release said.

He pleaded not guilty, Hannah told CNN. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole, the release said.

Gendron is set to return to court on the morning of May 19 for a felony hearing, the release said. He will remain in custody without bail, it added.

Quote:
The gun used in the Buffalo mass shooting was purchased legally in New York, governor says

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said the gun used in the Buffalo mass shooting where 10 people were killed on Saturday was purchased legally in New York state.

The weapon used was an AR-15 and it’s believed that the high-capacity magazine used was purchased outside of New York, she told CNN.

“The gun was purchased in a gun store in New York state legally, an AR-15. But what has made this so lethal, and so devastating for this community, was the high-capacity magazine that would have had to have been purchased elsewhere, that’s not legal in the state of New York," she said. “We don’t know whether it was purchased in Pennsylvania, but literally the Pennsylvania border is minutes away, and there already is the flow of guns and illegal capacity magazines coming from gun shows purchased legally and they end up in someone’s trunk, they bring them up I-81, they head into New York state, head over to the Bronx, head over to Brooklyn, head over to the city, or they go to places like New York, Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester, so that’s how it’s spreading.”

Quote:
Here's how the shooting unfolded at the supermarket in Buffalo, New York

Ten people were killed in a racially motivated mass shooting at a supermarket in Buffalo on Saturday. The suspect, Payton S. Gendron, an 18-year-old White man, was charged with first-degree murder, prosecutors said. He pleaded not guilty in court Saturday night, Buffalo City Court Chief Judge Craig Hannah told CNN.

Here's what we know about how the mass shooting unfolded.

At around 2:30 p.m., authorities allege the suspect — who hails from the town of Conklin, a three-and-a-half-hour drive from Buffalo in Western New York — drove to Tops Friendly Markets near the areas of Masten Park and Kingsley, which are predominantly Black neighborhoods.

Wearing tactical gear and armed with "an assault weapon," the suspect allegedly shot and killed three people in the parking lot and wounded a fourth, according to a statement from Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn.

The suspect then entered the store and exchanged gunfire with an armed security guard, who was a retired member of the Buffalo Police Department, the statement said.

Because the suspect wore heavy tactical gear, however, the guard's bullets did not have any effect, Gramaglia said Saturday.

"He was very heavily armed," the police commissioner said. "He had tactical gear, he had a tactical helmet on, he had a camera that he was livestreaming what he was doing."

Inside the store, nine people were shot before the suspect was apprehended by police, with the guard and six others dying from their wounds, according to the district attorney's statement.

In a statement sent to CNN, livestreaming service Twitch confirmed the shooting was streamed and said the user "has been indefinitely suspended from our service, and we are taking all appropriate action, including monitoring for any accounts rebroadcasting this content."

CNN obtained a portion of the livestream that showed the suspect arriving at the supermarket in his vehicle and is not airing the video.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/buffalo-supermarket-shooting-05-15-22/index.html
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:11 am    Post subject:

Thank you Tucker Carlson and others for spewing the Great Replacement (bleep).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject:

Disaffected, young, white males seem to be devolved and prone to online manipulation by extremists.

They seem to be particularly weak-willed and gullible.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

Binghamton was the capital of KKK
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah same can be said on the other side of the aisle. The New York subway shooter was a black supremacist, the Waukesha parade massacre, etc. Hate is hate and we as good people need to stand together not blame one side of the aisle and further the divide.

Also love how MSM moves on from those massacres within 1 day but will have a field day with this one.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah same can be said on the other side of the aisle. The New York subway shooter was a black supremacist, the Waukesha parade massacre, etc. Hate is hate and we as good people need to stand together not blame one side of the aisle and further the divide.

Also love how MSM moves on from those massacres within 1 day but will have a field day with this one.

lol

who is the left's primetime TV counterpart to Tucker Carlson? let's get you marked as quickly as possible.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

95% of the mass murders and terrorist events in this country are committed by white males on the right. Your lies don't work here. Why don't you crawl back into lurk mode.

(The last time you posted in this thread was to lie about CRT being taught in California schools and to mock the legitimacy of COVID vaccines. So you're on a short rope.)

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun May 15, 2022 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Here's what this racist's buddies on 4chan are saying -- they are mad he wasted his ammunition on just regular black shoppers because they think he would have killed more liberals if he had gone to an anti-abortion rally or BLM gathering. Right wing racist white supremacists are the disease that infects this country and there is absolutely no equivalent group on the left that compares or comes close. Don't come into this thread with that bull-(bleep) trolling.

Quote:
Kyla In The Burgh 🏴‍☠️🐧 @KylaInTheBurgh

On the 4chan forum where the Buffalo shooter, Payton Gendron, admitted to getting his ideas, many of his buddies are quite upset that he chose to go to a grocery store instead of a pro-choice rally.

link to screen cap
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

95% of the mass murders and terrorist events in this country are committed by white males on the right. Your lies don't work here. Why don't you crawl back into lurk mode.

Wasn’t trying to lie to anyone. I know this isn’t the political thread but it’s hilarious that the rules are no personal attacks and as a mod you are asking me to crawl back into lurk mode. There is a reason why the political forum and this board is an echo chamber for lefties. You guys can’t handle a shred of nuance without banning or personal attacks. Why not call it the left of Bernie sanders message board?

I’m a democrat btw and middle eastern. I just find this board to be hilarious. As soon as I see someone present a semi nuanced argument you guys meltdown and create personal attacks.

I stand by what I said. You guys are incapable of a non emotional non personal discussion. Have you noticed this? The majority
have tbh. You are correct though I do lurk from time to time because I appreciate some of the posts. I prefer posting somewhere where left and right have a civil discussion. Act like a moderator sometimes
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Wasn’t trying to lie to anyone. I know this isn’t the political thread but it’s hilarious that the rules are no personal attacks and as a mod you are asking me to crawl back into lurk mode. There is a reason why the political forum and this board is an echo chamber for lefties. You guys can’t handle a shred of nuance without banning or personal attacks. Why not call it the left of Bernie sanders message board?

I’m a democrat btw and middle eastern. I just find this board to be hilarious. As soon as I see someone present a semi nuanced argument you guys meltdown and create personal attacks.

I stand by what I said. You guys are incapable of a non emotional non personal discussion. Have you noticed this? The majority
have tbh. You are correct though I do lurk from time to time because I appreciate some of the posts. I prefer posting somewhere where left and right have a civil discussion. Act like a moderator sometimes

the oppressed one man centrist army dodge! safe, predictable choice

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

have tbh

You missed this part I added to my post above. And yeah, I'm the Moderator and I get to decide when to draw a line at bull-(bleep) right wing propaganda being spread here. If you don't like our rules you can post somewhere else. We are not obligated to provide a platform to push Fox News lies. If you consider that a personal attack then maybe you need to rethink where you get your information from.

Quote:
(The last time you posted in this thread was to lie about CRT being taught in California schools and to mock the legitimacy of COVID vaccines. So you're on a short rope.)

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun May 15, 2022 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

have tbh

You missed this part I added to my post above. And yeah, I'm the Moderator and I get to decide when to draw a line at bull-(bleep) right wing propaganda being spread here. If you don't like our rules you can post somewhere else. We are not obligated to provide a platform to push Fox News lies. If you consider that a personal attack then maybe you need to rethink your where you get your information from.

Quote:

That’s pretty absurd what you just said lol. Not even democrat message boards are this controlling and I’m on a few. You get to decide where the line is drawn of course but unfortunately the only thing a Karen like you knows how to do is threaten a banning or power trip. You couldn’t possibly debate someone intellectually.

Not really a strength of yours from what I’ve seen on the political board
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Hope you enjoy posting on 4chan.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

If you're going to try and pull the asinine "both sides" BS, mass shootings is definitely the way to go if you want prove you have no credibility. You have to wade through a sea of white racists before you get to the one POC.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

PBS: Shooter targeted Black neighborhood in Buffalo mass shooting, officials say

Quote:
The white 18-year-old who shot and killed 10 people at a Buffalo supermarket had researched the local demographics while looking for places with a high concentration of Black residents, arriving there at least a day in advance to conduct reconnaissance, law enforcement officials said Sunday.

Authorities said the gunman shot, in total, 11 Black people and two white people Saturday in a rampage motivated by racial hatred that he broadcast live.

“This individual came here with the express purpose of taking as many Black lives as he could,” Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said at a news conference Sunday.

Quote:
Meanwhile, federal authorities were still working to confirm the authenticity of a racist 180-page manifesto that detailed the plot and identified Gendron by name as the gunman, the law enforcement official told the AP. But the shooting — the latest act of mass violence in a country unsettled by racial tensions, gun violence and a recent spate of hate crimes — left local residents shattered.

It also prompted New York Gov. Kathy Hochul, a Buffalo native, to demand the technology industry take responsibility for its role in propagating hate speech.

Quote:
Screenshots purporting to be from the live Twitch broadcast appear to show a racial epithet scrawled on the rifle used in the attack, as well as the number 14, a likely reference to a white supremacist slogan.

Quote:
A preliminary investigation found Gendron had repeatedly visited sites espousing white supremacist ideologies and race-based conspiracy theories and extensively researched the 2019 mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, and the man who killed dozens at a summer camp in Norway in 2011, the law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told AP.

The manifesto posted online and purportedly written by Gendron, outlined a racist ideology rooted in a belief that the United States should belong only to white people. All others, the document said, were “replacers” who should be eliminated by force or terror. The attack was intended to intimidate all non-white, non-Christian people and get them to leave the country, it said.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:

Wasn’t trying to lie to anyone.

You are engaging in blatant intellectual dishonesty.

Quote:
I know this isn’t the political thread but it’s hilarious that the rules are no personal attacks and as a mod you are asking me to crawl back into lurk mode. There is a reason why the political forum and this board is an echo chamber for lefties. You guys can’t handle a shred of nuance without banning or personal attacks. Why not call it the left of Bernie sanders message board?

There is zero "nuance" to what you posted. It's just outright ridiculous "whataboutism" devoid of substance.

Quote:

Sure you are . . .

Quote:

You're clearly not about civil, honest discussion, because your post was pure disingenuousness.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Breaking - shooting at a church in California:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

LAGUNA WOODS, Calif. (AP) -- Authorities: 1 killed, 4 critically wounded in shooting at Southern California church
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

For the "both sides" crowd:

Payton Gendron: murders 10—calmly arrested
Nikolas Cruz: murders 17—calmly arrested
Dylan Roof: murders 9—calmly arrested
Patrick Crusius: murders 23—calmly arrested

Tamir Rice, Aiyana Jones, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Eric Garner—all unarmed & innocent—killed immediately.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
the oppressed one man centrist army dodge! safe, predictable choice

Non-white racists are a funny breed of odious.
(in reference to the target(s) of C M B's post)

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

LAGUNA WOODS, Calif. (AP) -- Authorities: 1 killed, 4 critically wounded in shooting at Southern California church

Without their guns, these people are cowards . . . and with their guns, these people are cowards.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Whatever he did to get out of custody after expressing that he wanted to do a mass shooting is what need to be investigated also

USA must create laws that capture these people when they express these thoughts and lock them up until they are not a threat to society.

Fox News and others never should be allowed to be called news
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Without their guns, these people are cowards . . . and with their guns, these people are cowards.

I know we blame genetics sometimes.. we as a species.. but how do we as a society fail these shooters...
what leads them to dehumanize others or to claim a separateness that is superior.
and hell nah am I taking any responsibility away from the shooter.. BUT at some point WE have to figure out how to heal racism and mental conditions that evolve into murderous hatred

Not sure how they are still doing but in Bhutan the leader said they ought not be as concerned about GNP as they should be GNH Gross National Happiness
America needs a Billionaire Shakedown and a healing

Confucius didn't know guns or Republicans but this guy didn't use pointers
Quote:
“It is better to light one small candle of gratitude than to curse the darkness.”
— Confucius

We run around in circles while the NRA is funded by RUZZIA funneling millions to crappy humans called Republicans

These kooks cannot be stopped by gun laws. Look at the Vegas Hotel shooter.. whew... just rolled them in 20 at a time or something..
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Update on the Laguna Woods shooting:

Quote:

- The victims were described as mostly Asian and mostly of Taiwanese descent, authorities said. The oldest victim was 92.

- The gunfire erupted at 1:26 p.m. inside Geneva Presbyterian Church.

Tom Cramer, leader of the Presbytery of Los Ranchos and a former pastor at the Geneva Presbyterian Church, said the shooting happened at a lunch reception honoring the former pastor of the Irvine Taiwanese Presbyterian Church, who is returning to Taiwan to lead a congregation there. Cramer did not know if the pastor was harmed in the shooting.

- Little is known about the shooting itself. But the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said an Asian man in his 60s is in custody and that he is not from the Orange County area.

Law enforcement sources told The Times the suspect was a 68-year-old Asian man who is originally from Las Vegas. It’s unclear what connection — if any — he had to the church.

- The ATF said the firearms recovered are commercially available firearms. The exact type of weapons were not released.

- After the gunman opened fire, a group of churchgoers subdued the shooter and “hogtied” his legs with an extension cord and took two handguns from him, authorities said.

Quote:
Peggy Huang, a Yorba Linda city councilwoman, said her parents are members of the Taiwanese Presbyterian Church congregation in Laguna Woods. She’s been texting members of the congregation all day to check in on them. They told her they didn’t recognize the gunman and that they hadn’t seen him at the church before. The man opened fire as churchgoers were taking photographs with the pastor who was visiting from Taiwan.

After the shots rang out, the pastor picked up a chair and hit the gunman with it. Then other members of the congregation grabbed him, Huang said. She added that many members of the church have military backgrounds.

Quote:
Authorities released the following information about the victims who were injured:

Victim #1: 66-year-old Asian male, gunshot wound
Victim #2: 92-year-old Asian male, gunshot wound
Victim #3: 82-year-old Asian male, gunshot wound
Victim #4: 75-year-old Asian male, gunshot wound
Victim #5: 86-year-old Asian female, gunshot wound

No names were provided. The Orange County Sheriff didn’t release the age of the person who died.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-15/what-unfolded-in-laguna-woods-church-shooting-exceptional-heroism
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Rolling Stone taking the (bleep) gloves off

Quote:
The Buffalo Shooter Isn’t a ‘Lone Wolf.’ He’s a Mainstream Republican

The right-wing extremists who control the modern GOP are all gripped by a racist delusion. The shooter is just the latest to act on it

There’s no such thing as a lone wolf — an appellation often given, in error, to terrorists who act alone, particularly those of the white supremacist variety. There are only those people who, fed a steady diet of violent propaganda and stochastic terror, take annihilatory rhetoric to its logical conclusion.

Such was the case on Saturday, when a teenaged white supremacist named *I removed name* opened fire in a supermarket in a Black neighborhood in Buffalo, New York, killing 10 people, while livestreaming the carnage on the live-video site Twitch...

...As long as we fail to recognize the wellspring of racial animus that animates the right wing in this country, the corpses will continue to accrue.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/buffalo-shooter-white-supremacist-great-replacement-donald-trump-1353509/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesus.. just like defibrilator apps America needs an App for humans with moderator powers to sites that livestream so if this ever happens again it is shutdown ASAP

How many seconds was the stream going? If it was up more than a minute they need sued into bankruptcy.. just horrible to imagine the shooter did this and he survived... depending upon his jail security he might not see trial.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: