Mass shooting at elementary school in Texas. (19 children & 2 teachers dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Clearly, many people in our society love guns more than they love people, or at least certain people.

People value "gun rights" more than they value the freedom, safety and health of people who are different from them.

I was thinking to myself just yesterday, why do right-wingers love guns so much? I'm not against people having a handgun for their own protection, but these MFers love guns as more than a practical thing - they see them as some kind of cultural symbol.

These MFers cling to their guns so much - makes me wonder if the men who do so have small penises (not sure if I'm allowed to say that on this board - sorry in advance if I'm not allowed to).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Murphy @ChrisMurphyCT

As we look for solutions, this is important. Because over and over - from Parkland to El Paso to Dayton to Uvalde - armed personnel on site couldn't stop mass shooters who only needed minutes for mass slaughter.

Quote:
Perry Stein @PerryStein

"Two Uvalde police officers and a school resource officer fired at the shooter, but it did not stop him from entering the building." https://washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/24/school-shooting-uvalde-texas-updates/#link-EQCX2EYUQRA27KPXMPZZB35LSM
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
These MFers cling to their guns so much - makes me wonder if the men who do so have small penises (not sure if I'm allowed to say that on this board - sorry in advance if I'm not allowed to).

Resorting to penis attacks probably weakened your argument.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Social media plays a huge role IMO of why these psychos do what they do. They're usually loners with no friends or following, and hate their peers who live a fake lifestyle they display on social media thinking everyone's life is so great and amazing when in reality its all an illusion.

They want to end their life but realize no one will care. At least if you take out several people in the process, you face/name will be all over the media. I wish media would stop identifying these guys and plastering their face/names all over the place.

Yeah, correct. It's the response that they crave. They want the infamy. People still talk about the Vegas gunman. There's youtube videos dissecting how he did it. They still talk about Columbine. These are cult heroes.

They want the same infamy.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I see what you're saying, but some times a "small penis" is meant metaphorically and not literally.

Sometimes I feel like these gun nuts are just compensating for something, whatever it is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I see what you're saying, but some times a "small penis" is meant metaphorically and not literally.

Sometimes I feel like these gun nuts are just compensating for something, whatever it is.

gotcha
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

"Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave school children
who lay down their lives to protect our right to bear arms"
https://imgur.com/iOkKJ3F

Teacher for 17 Years
Eva Mireles is name of the 4th grade teacher killed today
Looked like a sweetheart!
https://imgur.com/gallery/uJp5SK0
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
"Let's take a moment to honor the sacrifice of our brave school children
who lay down their lives to protect our right to bear arms"
https://imgur.com/iOkKJ3F

Teacher for 17 Years
Eva Mireles is name of the 4th grade teacher killed today
Looked like a sweetheart!
https://imgur.com/gallery/uJp5SK0

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Crap like this is unacceptable, but come next week, it will be buried along with everything else as old news.
I remember watching when Columbine made the news and come 20+ years later, nothing has changed.

It’s actually gotten worse.

Yep the frequency and body count sadly.

Thoughts and prayers haven't been working?

I'm sure Abbott, Cruz, Trump and their fellow GOPers will have a moment of silence for the murdered kids at the NRA Convention this weekend in Houston. That will help.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Had a talk with my 8th and 11th grade kids today.
No parent should have to fear sending their kids to school for these kind of reasons... or ANY reason. Just sad and disgusting.

Killing this POS was the easy way out.
The parents need to be held accountable.
Punish the parents for doing such a crap job raising these losers.
Make an example out of these idiots.

Other than a Zombie apocalypse... why would ANY everyday citizen need an assault rifle?? Ridiculous.

RIP to those kids and adults who died senselessly.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Carlin:
Quote:
“Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to 9 months. After that, they don’t wanna know about you. They don’t wanna hear from you. No nothing! No neonatal care, no daycare, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re pre-born, you’re fine, if you’re preschool, you’re (bleep).”

You can add being killed in school ...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:13 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Clearly, many people in our society love guns more than they love people, or at least certain people.

People value "gun rights" more than they value the freedom, safety and health of people who are different from them.

I was thinking to myself just yesterday, why do right-wingers love guns so much? I'm not against people having a handgun for their own protection, but these MFers love guns as more than a practical thing - they see them as some kind of cultural symbol.

Quote:
Gabrielle Perry, MPH @GeauxGabrielle

University in California did a comprehensive study of school/mass/spree shooters of all ages & found that the common link between them ALL is a vehement hatred of women (80% had a history of domestic violence). Most killed a female relative/gf/wife immediately prior to the event

link to NYT article
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:55 am    Post subject:

Curious if any Republican legislatures will hold emergency special sessions to pass legislation to “protect our children” from school shootings since they’ve seemed so into the protection of children lately. Yea…..probably not.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

The cops

waited outside

while listening to an 18-year-old, pimply 4chan dipsh!t

murder little children inside that school

And at least two

Elementary School Teachers

died

putting their bodies in front of those little children

to shield them from bullets

All Cops are Cowards
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

Many of the children had to be identified via their parent's DNA because their little bodies were unrecognizable due to the nature of the bullets. The parents could be heard waling as they were told.

Quote:
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera

All the victims in the Uvalde school shooting have been removed from the school, identified, and their families have been notified, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Chris Olivarez tells CNN, adding that all the injuries and fatalities took place in one classroom.

Quote:
David Hogg 🌻 @davidhogg111

No parent should drop their kid off at school and then need a DNA test to ID which child is their child because they have been blown to pieces by an AR 15
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

No parent should drop their kid off at school and then need a DNA test to ID which child is their child because they have been blown to pieces by an AR 15

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject:

Pretty sad that the only time in recent memory that we didn't have mass shootings when everyone was doing work from home and learning by remote.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

When will police unions band together to force some sensible gun control policies

I can bet my life those cops who didn't follow him into the school because of the Semi AUTO ASSAULT RIFLE are now traumatized for life along with the families and community

Those chumps don't have intelligent plans only violent ones and when someone is more violent and more intelligent they don't know what to do

IDGAF.. it is your job.. do whatever it takes.. what 3-4 cops afraid to follow him.. throw rocks from different directions and someone splat his head when he looks the wrong direction etc.. drive your (bleep) car over his body before he enters the school IDC

This is going to be a horrible summer on Earth.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
All Cops are Cowards

whoa....
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Curious if any Republican legislatures will hold emergency special sessions to pass legislation to “protect our children” from school shootings since they’ve seemed so into the protection of children lately. Yea…..probably not.

Teacher strike would probably help but reality is ultimately the people are at fault for voting these guys in. Guys like Cruz and McConnell will just wait a week until this blows over and go back to railing about Disneyland and trans bathroom issues.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
15 dead, including 14 children, in Texas school shooting

LINK

I know this is something that needs to be done but won't be accomplished, gun legislation. We don't need the kind of guns that are flooding our streets. I don't know the kind of weapon used in this shooting, I'm guessing some kind of automatic. I'm an advocate for home protection but some weapons are of no use to the public at large. I'm not a hunter so I won't weigh in on the guns used to hunt.

You can’t legally own an automatic and in Texas you can’t have a gun near a school. There are laws but how will they be enforced?

States like Texas are a huge part of the problem. Texas legislators have loosened gun laws, most notably by passing permitless carry in 2021.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The cops

waited outside

while listening to an 18-year-old, pimply 4chan dipsh!t

murder little children inside that school

And at least two

Elementary School Teachers

died

putting their bodies in front of those little children

to shield them from bullets

All Cops are Cowards

Also they’re under no obligations to protect you, and that’s been affirmed by the Supreme Court, 7-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_of_Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Not likely, nor is it likely that any Democratic legislators will do it either. Guys like Biden and McConnell have been in power for 30-40 years and haven’t done anything to address the problem. I will never again vote for an incumbent, none of them has done anything. Bring in new blood that will hopefully not avoid the issue like our current politicians have.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Many of the children had to be identified via their parent's DNA because their little bodies were unrecognizable due to the nature of the bullets. The parents could be heard waling as they were told.

Quote:
Ana Cabrera @AnaCabrera

All the victims in the Uvalde school shooting have been removed from the school, identified, and their families have been notified, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Chris Olivarez tells CNN, adding that all the injuries and fatalities took place in one classroom.

Quote:

I heard that most of the first responders from Sandy Hook never returned to the job...or any job. The trauma of seeing what happened to those 6 and 7 year old bodies was mentally unrecoverable.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

Gregg Abbot is a hypocrite. He's on TV talking about healing and saying nothing about the incredibly outrageous Texas gun laws he passed. He said the problem was mental health, not guns.

Senators voicing outrage, wash and rinse. We're in for a week of outrage that will be pushed to the back page in a day or two.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13
Jump to: